rancido
October 16, 2017, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters
As a paying customer, I'd just like Slade/Fenty/Wilkinson or anyone really to let us know what the plan is. Bignot did, at the very least, say that he planned to change many aspects of the club - for some reason, that was stopped and we are now left with a re-run of something that happened a very long time ago.

Totally agree TOC, at least Bignot was working towards developing a squad for a serious assault at promotion this season. We couldn't have played worse if Bignot was still here! IMO it looks like Slade is just "treading water" and hoping it turns out ok. Dembele apart I don't think any of the eleven signings he made have improved the squad. This " achievement" of his at Cardiff is being done to death in Slade's defence but that is history and what I see in his performances and tactics so far is totally inept. If he has a restrictive budget why sign eleven players! He replaced two strikers on Saturday ( not his signings) who had battled hard in spite of poor support from mid-field and brought on two strikers ( his signings ) who brought absolutely nothing to the table. I will still support GTFC whoever is manager but on his performances and signings so far I think he will still be " The Nearly Man "'

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 95
stevethefish
October 16, 2017, 6:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
This season has turned out to be a bit different to many recent. We seem to be struggling against top half teams, but taking points from bottom half.

I’m pleased we have tightened up as this always gives you a chance to progress.

32 points needed from 33 games to be safe.

Keep up our average of 1.5 points from last 8 games and we will just miss out on play offs again.

Why do we always start off so slow????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 95
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2017, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Totally agree TOC, at least Bignot was working towards developing a squad for a serious assault at promotion this season. We couldn't have played worse if Bignot was still here! IMO it looks like Slade is just "treading water" and hoping it turns out ok. Dembele apart I don't think any of the eleven signings he made have improved the squad. This " achievement" of his at Cardiff is being done to death in Slade's defence but that is history and what I see in his performances and tactics so far is totally inept. If he has a restrictive budget why sign eleven players! He replaced two strikers on Saturday ( not his signings) who had battled hard in spite of poor support from mid-field and brought on two strikers ( his signings ) who brought absolutely nothing to the table. I will still support GTFC whoever is manager but on his performances and signings so far I think he will still be " The Nearly Man "'

I thought three of the midfield were pretty good first half and just got bypassed 2nd half after the penalty miss which seemed to deflate us.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 95
Marinerz93
October 16, 2017, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
As a paying customer, I'd just like Slade/Fenty/Wilkinson or anyone really to let us know what the plan is. Bignot did, at the very least, say that he planned to change many aspects of the club - for some reason, that was stopped and we are now left with a re-run of something that happened a very long time ago.

We have already been told the plan by Fenty who stated that Sladeball was brought in to take us to the next level. The question is, how does our budget compare to those who are in the top 7.

I can't see anybody being happy with how we are playing, even those who have rose tinted glasses welded on can see how drab and slow we are. The link up play is painful to watch and the lack of movement makes you wonder have these players gone through set play routines. This side is miles off making a promotion bid and it's so obvious it pisses most people off as it's a yet another season of make do by a Chairman who doesn't mind us being average until a new stadium comes along.

It must frustrate the players who lets face are being shackled to stop those less able from being exposed but we know who they are and question why were they brought in. It has to be a budget issue so we are back to the man who claims he isn't in charge yet seems to take what ever action he wants. The football reflects Fenty and his ambition in my view.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 95
1mickylyons
October 17, 2017, 6:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Marinerz93

We have already been told the plan by Fenty who stated that Sladeball was brought in to take us to the next level. The question is, how does our budget compare to those who are in the top 7.

I can't see anybody being happy with how we are playing, even those who have rose tinted glasses welded on can see how drab and slow we are. The link up play is painful to watch and the lack of movement makes you wonder have these players gone through set play routines. This side is miles off making a promotion bid and it's so obvious it pisses most people off as it's a yet another season of make do by a Chairman who doesn't mind us being average until a new stadium comes along.

It must frustrate the players who lets face are being shackled to stop those less able from being exposed but we know who they are and question why were they brought in. It has to be a budget issue so we are back to the man who claims he isn't in charge yet seems to take what ever action he wants. The football reflects Fenty and his ambition in my view.

This League is sooooooooo poor IF we could get a run of results we could quite easily go up.The standard is shocking you add an Omar/cutting edge ala missed penno Saturday you win tight games. Luton apart all the teams in this league seem to play boring negative football designed to stop the other team playing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 95
Meza
October 17, 2017, 7:55am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Personally i think Slade is building for next season with a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 95
Bigdog
October 17, 2017, 9:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Meza
Personally i think Slade is building for next season with a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season.

If he's signed eleven players over the summer that's more than enough for him to build a team for this season not next. Remember, he's the one that's given Kelly and Hooper two year contracts. So much for building for next season.

Some people thought Bignot's recruitment policy was erratic but Slade's actions seem more bizarre, especially from an experienced manager. At least with Bignot you could call it youthful exuberance, and he did sign some quality.

I can't make out any rhyme nor reason to Slade's transfer dealings so far. A proper scattergun approach maybe driven by him not being very sure himself about players or squeezing budget out of JF panic by panic.

I really thought RS would have had a lot smaller squad investing in quality not quantity. It was the only hope I had but he seems to have gone in the opposite direction to what I hoped and expected of him....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 95
Bigdog
October 17, 2017, 9:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I don't think that is the case. I actually think that JF believes that RS is building a promotion winning squad. Reference his Sladeball comment to Ginnywings. That's the scary thing and it comes down to questionable footballing judgement once again..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 95
Bigdog
October 17, 2017, 9:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

This League is sooooooooo poor IF we could get a run of results we could quite easily go up
.The standard is shocking you add an Omar/cutting edge ala missed penno Saturday you win tight games. Luton apart all the teams in this league seem to play boring negative football designed to stop the other team playing.

There's not a chance in hell that this squad is good enough to be one of the four teams out of twenty four that will be promoted this season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 95
1mickylyons
October 17, 2017, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Bigdog

There's not a chance in hell that this squad is good enough to be one of the four teams out of twenty four that will be promoted this season..

Why based on what?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.