10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
October 14, 2017, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 44
His way is not even a semi decent version of hoof ball, I can only assume that those saying give him more time haven’t been going to matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 95
Bigdog
October 14, 2017, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Give it a rest you lot moaning about a manager who finished 7th or 8th in the CHAMPIONSHIP !  That take some doing also he won manager of the year twice in league one so he cant be that bad can he ? He can only work with the budget he has, could be a lot worse could be chesterfield rock bottom but no we 5 points off the play offs, ok the football isn’t brilliant but I can remember everyone calling Hurst for his football short memory for some

Quote..

"Slade became unpopular with a large section of supporters at Cardiff and crowd numbers fell dramatically during his tenure at the club as he finished 11th in his first season and 8th in his second."

As you say, he probably hasn't been given the best of budgets, but his style of play resulting in lower crowds this season certainly won't help his budget next summer when he goes cap in hand to Fenty. God knows what entertainment will be served up in 2018/19..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 95
Swansea_Mariner
October 14, 2017, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
The Cardiff thing has been done to death, they lost 5k off their gate and there was a survey with over 3k responses with 92% saying they did not like the football on show.

As for Hurst' s style of play, for me it was far superior to the way we play now. The issue with his unpopularity was imho more down to built up frustration from failing to fall just over the line year after year. Whilst still early ish doors in Hursts career he looks to be carving out a far superior managerial track record than Slade ever has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 95
IlkleyMariner
October 14, 2017, 8:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from ginnywings

Because football isn't just about results. Had the pen gone in and we had won, it still would have been boring beyond belief.

Don't think anybody in their right mind want to see pretty football and get us relegated.
Tony Pullis has kept WBA in the Premiershite by playing the most appalling football
Personally I don't want to watch non-league footy again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 95
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Anodyne (see below) sums it up

anodyne
ˈanədʌɪn/Submit
adjective
not likely to cause offence or disagreement and somewhat dull.
"anodyne music"
synonyms:     bland, inoffensive, innocuous, neutral, unobjectionable, unexceptionable, unremarkable, commonplace, dull, tedious, run-of-the-mill
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 95
Cloudy
October 14, 2017, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
The Cardiff thing has been done to death, they lost 5k off their gate and there was a survey with over 3k responses with 92% saying they did not like the football on show.

As for Hurst' s style of play, for me it was far superior to the way we play now. The issue with his unpopularity was imho more down to built up frustration from failing to fall just over the line year after year. Whilst still early ish doors in Hursts career he looks to be carving out a far superior managerial track record than Slade ever has.

How many times have you seen us this season Swansea?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 95
GrimRob

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Since the dawn of the Fishy, every manager we have ever had has at one or other time been accused of being a tactical pygmy. But many of them have gone on to other clubs and achieved successes of sorts. Meanwhile their accusers, who presumably possess advanced football knowledge to spot such deficiencies in those employed professionally, continue to the best of my knowledge not to advance into the coaching roles their observational skills suggest they should occupy.

My own view is that however we play and whatever we do will always attract criticism. We will always over-pass, underpass, don't pass when we should, play the wrong players in the wrong positions, and generally, lose games for whatever reason is blindingly obvious to those in the stands.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 95
LH

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Not sure it would have continued to have been as boring as a game had the penalty gone in. Crawley would have wanted to get a goal back and would have had to come out of their shell a bit to get one therefore leaving more space at the back for our strikers to not move into.

Results are important in games like today IMO. If you can’t get the result get a performance - unfortunately today we didn’t really get either.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 95
TheCodfather1966
October 14, 2017, 8:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Todays game was awful, simple as that.  Everybody couldn't wait for the game to end and get the hell out of BP.  I have tried keeping faith with Slade, but sadly he has reduced us to a shell of a football team.  I have not enjoyed a single performance at BP this season.  I cannot remember a time when the games were as boring as they currently are.  Roll on the next home game , I can barely wait !!!!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 95
Cod Cheeks
October 14, 2017, 8:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
[quote=2]Since the dawn of the Fishy, every manager we have ever had has at one or other time been accused of being a tactical pygmy. But many of them have gone on to other clubs and achieved successes of sorts. Meanwhile their accusers, who presumably possess advanced football knowledge to spot such deficiencies in those employed professionally, continue to the best of my knowledge not to advance into the coaching roles their observational skills suggest they should occupy.

I don't know anything about acting either but I know a a crap film when I see one, I also know what ive been watching this season has been poor and today was utter dross

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.