10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
October 14, 2017, 6:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Just listened to his post match interview I have never heard so many errrs in a conversation although he tried to spin a positive yarn I think he was really struggling to put on a positive front after such a diabolical performance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Swansea_Mariner
October 14, 2017, 7:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
I honestly don't think it's that, I truly believe that he doesn't see any problem with the style of play. He's made a reasonable career out of it, so I wouldn't expect us to play some form of free flowing style anytime soon.

Each to their own, but for me I couldn't stand it last time around and I feel no different this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 95
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I honestly don't think it's that, I truly believe that he doesn't see any problem with the style of play. He's made a reasonable career out of it, so I wouldn't expect us to play some form of free flowing style anytime soon.

Each to their own, but for me I couldn't stand it last time around and I feel no different this time.

Me too. Sadly, I'd forgotten howfuckingshit it was last time and, truth be told, we would be quite close to the play-offs had we not missed the pen - which is really quite disturbing.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 95
Cod Cheeks
October 14, 2017, 7:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Poor again wasn't it
Sadly there is nothing to enjoy, except the all to scarce, individual runs by jones and dembele.
If it's all about the result then you'd better start delivering hadn't you Russell because the entertainment value was zilch wasn't it.
Such a relief Crawly didn't sneak it.
Season ticket, if you're still here next year......NOPE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 95
Roast Em Bobby
October 14, 2017, 7:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
He needs sacking ASAP - complete and utter dross being served up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 95
BackHeelTony
October 14, 2017, 7:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
I really don't understand why so many people are so concerned about style of play.

I have no doubt that in time Slade will give us winning football. We will improve and be fighting for promotion before too long.

Do we really have to play like Brazil to get there.

Lets have some patience, get behind the team and let the manager do things his way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 95
ginnywings
October 14, 2017, 7:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BackHeelTony
I really don't understand why so many people are so concerned about style of play.

I have no doubt that in time Slade will give us winning football. We will improve and be fighting for promotion before too long.

Lets have some patience, get behind the team and let the manager do things his way.

Because football isn't just about results. Had the pen gone in and we had won, it still would have been boring beyond belief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 95
Bigdog
October 14, 2017, 7:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Was playing around with the surnames of RS and JF to see if there were any apt or witty anagrams.

SLADE FENTY

Stale was easy but it left me with a problem

___D_ FEN_Y

Only option left that sounded like a word was FENDY, so I was on the verge of giving up until..

Out of interest I googled FENDY just in case..

Apparently FENDY is an old Scottish word meaning thrifty

So FENDY STALE

Couldn't think of an anagram more apt..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 95
OllieGTFC
October 14, 2017, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Give it a rest you lot moaning about a manager who finished 7th or 8th in the CHAMPIONSHIP !  That take some doing also he won manager of the year twice in league one so he cant be that bad can he ? He can only work with the budget he has, could be a lot worse could be chesterfield rock bottom but no we 5 points off the play offs, ok the football isn’t brilliant but I can remember everyone calling Hurst for his football short memory for some

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 95
sonofmadeleymariner
October 14, 2017, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from BackHeelTony

Really you like being bored out of your mind either watching or listening to the match? You're right we don't have to play like Brazil but a bit of pace, enthusism and positivity wouldn't go amiss. We have some good players, yet Slade doesn't seem to know how to play football to get the best out of them.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 95
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.