AndyDarloFC
October 13, 2017, 12:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

We've appointed our Assistant Manager Brian Atkinson and Coach Sean Gregan as the joint-managment team until the end of the season.

Well they lasted 4 days and had to resign to conflicting interests with them working for Martin Gray at his football academy. On the plus side, that's now a total of 6 members of staff who've left since Martin Gray has. A lot of wedge has been saved on the wage bill from that, totally unnecessary how many staff we had for our level.

Our 2 senior players Gary Brown & Phil Turnbull have taken over as caretaker managers for the time-being and helped us to a 1-1 draw at home to Stockport last weekend, conceding a last minute equaliser to them  

Lots of fantastic applicants applying for the role. So fingers crossed this time next week, we'll have a new gaffer.

On the march we go. #UpTheDarlo

PS; I'll be at another Town game sometime in November, keep up the recent good form. Haway Town!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 32
arryarryarry
October 13, 2017, 1:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
So why the downturn in your form this season Andy?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
AndyDarloFC
October 13, 2017, 2:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry
So why the downturn in your form this season Andy?

We massively over-achieved last season to finish in the playoffs (only to be denied entry due to the ground being utter dog-shite, this season there's more full-time teams in the league. Namely York, Salford, Harrogate, Kidderminster, Nuneaton etc. You've also got teams like Brackley, Spennymoor and Stockport at a push throwing the £££ about.

I'd be happy being in the mix for the playoffs, but the stadium development needs to take precedence for now. We win away to Nuneaton tomorrow and we're back in the playoffs. So it's not all doom and gloom despite 1 win in 11/12 games.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 32
moosey_club
October 13, 2017, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

We massively over-achieved last season to finish in the playoffs (only to be denied entry due to the ground being utter dog-shite, this season there's more full-time teams in the league. Namely York, Salford, Harrogate, Kidderminster, Nuneaton etc. You've also got teams like Brackley, Spennymoor and Stockport at a push throwing the £££ about.

I'd be happy being in the mix for the playoffs, but the stadium development needs to take precedence for now. We win away to Nuneaton tomorrow and we're back in the playoffs. So it's not all doom and gloom despite 1 win in 11/12 games.

Isn't there a spare fantastic stadium doing nothing up that way ?  

Seriously...is the ground still there mothballed or has it been demolished ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
crusty ole pie
October 13, 2017, 10:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from moosey_club

Isn't there a spare fantastic stadium doing nothing up that way ?  

Seriously...is the ground still there mothballed or has it been demolished ?

Just checked google an I maps and they are both showing the ground with pitch and goals in place looks like it's being maintained. Don't know how often these maps are updated but work I did in my garden last year is shown
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 13, 2017, 10:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
I think a rugby club use it

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
AndyDarloFC
October 13, 2017, 3:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
We groundshare with Darlington Rugby Club, we've signed a 25 year lease to use the ground.

We paid 50k in the summer to relay the pitch as we use the main pitch now and the use the one at the back of the ground. Since Summer 2015, we've raised close to 250k on paying off debts and building the ground up from scratch basically.

http://www.darlingtonandstockt.....ws_from_next_season/ - It's not much, but it's home and we know we've done this by ourselves with no outside investment. So credit where credit is due.

As for the Arena (That gigantic excrement-hole) - It was bought and is now used by Darlington Mowden Park Rugby Club, lord knows how they can afford that on grounds of 1000 per week. But that's our past now, we've got to look forward and keep doing what we are doing.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 32
crusty ole pie
October 13, 2017, 5:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
We groundshare with Darlington Rugby Club, we've signed a 25 year lease to use the ground.

We paid 50k in the summer to relay the pitch as we use the main pitch now and the use the one at the back of the ground. Since Summer 2015, we've raised close to 250k on paying off debts and building the ground up from scratch basically.

http://www.darlingtonandstockt.....ws_from_next_season/ - It's not much, but it's home and we know we've done this by ourselves with no outside investment. So credit where credit is due.

As for the Arena (That gigantic excrement-hole) - It was bought and is now used by Darlington Mowden Park Rugby Club, lord knows how they can afford that on grounds of 1000 per week. But that's our past now, we've got to look forward and keep doing what we are doing.

Keep up the good work it's a crying shame that with all the money wasted in premiershite that a small proportion could not have been used to save your proud club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
KingstonMariner
October 13, 2017, 6:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
£250k in just over 2 years is amazing Andy. When you get back to where you belong it will be so satisfying for all involved.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
AndyDarloFC
October 13, 2017, 7:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Keep up the good work it's a crying shame that with all the money wasted in premiershite that a small proportion could not have been used to save your proud club

We did save our club though   We just got demoted 4 leagues because our ex chairman failed to hand over the Football Share of the club and never signed over the CVA agreement. If we was a new club, why did the FA make us take on old debts of the club, if we were classed as a 'new club'.

The only thing that is new about Darlo is our "football name" which is Darlington FC1883 LTD. We reverted back to our old name Darlington FC from Darlington 1883 in the summer after the whoppers at the FA forced a name change.

We'll be back, don't know when. Don't know how, but we will be   Positive thoughts.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › York

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.