Bigdog
September 27, 2017, 2:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner93er
What I find totally baffling is the fact we've got 4 defenders who have all played at a higher level, and yet none of them have the slightest bit of composure to pass the ball.

I can only think of the following..

Panic, get rid attitude, and as far away as possible from their area of the pitch

Lack of confidence in playing an accurate ball in a tight area due to leg fatigue, hence safety first option

Lack of confidence in playing an accurate ball in a tight area due lack of confidence in recipient

Lack of ability in playing an accurate ball in a tight area

Lack of movement ahead to pick a safe pass

Manager's instructions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 92
Cloudy
September 27, 2017, 2:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from oldun
He was a bit unlucky last night with his effort that thumped against the post only to rebound straight into the keepers arms[b][/b]. In the second half he regularly took the full back on and won several corners. We just don't seem to make them count. I thought a rest might do him good but he lasted the 90 mins well ad don't forget those around him were not playing too well and not making themselves available to receive the ball from him so had to go it alone most of the time. I would like to see more of DJ as well. I heard Tom is carrying an injury but nothing official has been said. On that subject has Shaun Macallister left the country?

Sorry, but he wasnt unlucky. He had 3/4 of the goal free and hit the post. It was a poor miss
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 92
Maringer
September 27, 2017, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Bigdog

I can only think of the following..

Lack of confidence in playing an accurate ball in a tight area due lack of confidence in recipient

Lack of movement ahead to pick a safe pass

Mostly these two, I'd have thought. We've not exactly been known for our flowing movement and passing through midfield in recent years and I wouldn't say that we've really got the players to perform well in a passing game as all of them have weaknesses.

Obviously the odd panicked clearance as well but then you see that at pretty much every level. Sometimes the best choice is just to hack it clear. Just need to make sure you aren't punting it upfield for the sake of it which is too easy when you're under pressure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 92
oldun
September 27, 2017, 5:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Cloudy

Sorry, but he wasnt unlucky. He had 3/4 of the goal free and hit the post. It was a poor miss

You may be right, but from I was sitting in the main stand it was difficult to see how much of the goal he could see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 92
fleabag1970
September 27, 2017, 5:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Perhaps Scunthorpe think they can get the best out of Dembele . He is certainly on their radar and that is a fact

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 92
ginnywings
September 27, 2017, 5:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from oldun

You may be right, but from I was sitting in the main stand it was difficult to see how much of the goal he could see.

Plenty of empty net showing. Hit it too hard, when all he had to do was roll it in. Probably trying too hard at the moment, but he should have scored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 92
Ahh Sole
September 27, 2017, 6:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from oldun

It was pretty much hit it straight and you score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 92
Tommy
September 27, 2017, 8:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Agree with those saying that a shot hitting the post is not unlucky. If you hit the post you've missed. By a smaller margin than hitting it wide but still missed the target.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 92
Abdul19
September 27, 2017, 11:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Hitting the post is as unlucky as conceding a last minute goal.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 92
LH
October 17, 2017, 8:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from LH
I've got a feeling that once he scores one he'll get a few in the games that follow. One week it'll just click for him - he was the width of a post away from getting one last night remember!  

Bump  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.