4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
September 14, 2017, 7:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Considering he's played in a few different positions and had a ban Sam Jones is off to a flyer again with the goals. Our next million pound player?

Macca seems to have put his issues from last season to bed and returned to good form which can only be good news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
Maringer
September 14, 2017, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from headingly_mariner
As for the comparison to Clements, I'd say he looks a better player that Clements showed himself to be last season.

Really? Don't see it myself.

For me, Clements is much stronger in the air, much stronger in the tackle, much better in front of goal and I wouldn't say there is much between them with the ball at their feet. Berrett has played a lot better this season than last, that's for sure, but I'd have a fit Clements in ahead of him every day of the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
cjbill
September 14, 2017, 9:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Quoted from monkeyboy
No Dembele? hes been forgotten very quickly.   Thought he would have starting for England the way some folk were talking lol.

I'd be really shocked at that considering he is Scottish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2017, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer

Really? Don't see it myself.

For me, Clements is much stronger in the air, much stronger in the tackle, much better in front of goal and I wouldn't say there is much between them with the ball at their feet. Berrett has played a lot better this season than last, that's for sure, but I'd have a fit Clements in ahead of him every day of the week.

Different players for different positions. Slade has made it pretty clear that he prefers Berrett for the time being.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
moosey_club
September 14, 2017, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from sam gy
Controversial I know, but is it fair to say Berrett has been amongst the most consistent for us so far? ..

I'm pretty consistent when i play..... usually consistently cr@p but the manager knows what he is going to get week in week out all the same.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
Mariner_09
September 14, 2017, 9:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Berrett wins a lot of balls in the air for someone who isn't especially tall. Clements is the sort of player who needs lots of protection. The game tends to pass him by when we're losing but he does have a touch of class when on the ball and could pinch a goal.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
chaos33
September 14, 2017, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
For me, not one of our centre midfielders are good enough if we want to get out of this league. Full stop. Berrett and Summerfield are the very definition of average, and the writing was on the wall when they were retained and selected during the early games. I think Rose has some good attributes, and, on balance, is about our best CM, but we'll never get anywhere until we improve the quality in these positions. This is where we are most lacking IMO.

Osborne has promise and McAllister is perpetually injured so.....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
louth_in_the_south
September 14, 2017, 10:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
There's been such an anti berrett campaign from the moment he was signed by hurst because he was seen as another York cast off that he's fighting a losing battle to gain the respect of the majority of town fans .
From what I've seen of him this season he's a different player since being given a run in the team in his best position and as it looks like sladey isn't likely to drop him I wouldn't be surprised to see him become one our most consistent performers this season and prove a lot of fans wrong

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
Madeleymariner
September 14, 2017, 10:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Lets hope he does
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2017, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
There's been such an anti berrett campaign from the moment he was signed by hurst because he was seen as another York cast off that he's fighting a losing battle to gain the respect of the majority of town fans .
From what I've seen of him this season he's a different player since being given a run in the team in his best position and as it looks like sladey isn't likely to drop him I wouldn't be surprised to see him become one our most consistent performers this season and prove a lot of fans wrong

If it's not obvious, I'm a Berrett fan. I think he's fitter this year, he's playing in his natural position and you can see why he's played over 200 games in League 1. Equally, I can see why he isn't everyone's cup of tea, because he tends to move the ball quickly rather than spectacularly. As others have said, he's better in the air than most and has tackled more since he's played more central too.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.