10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 18, 2017, 11:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think Friskney raises an interesting question. Not a major dig in my opinion. Just a cautionary note.

Me, I've got no excuse. I simply forgot it was on and didn't look for the live stream.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 99
friskneymariner
September 18, 2017, 11:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from barralad

Don't be so defensive! You must admit it's not regular Fishy fare!! Anyway I sit on the Pontoon along with lots of well educated folks.

Not being the least defensive just playing.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 99
friskneymariner
September 18, 2017, 11:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Don't be so defensive! You must admit it's not regular Fishy fare!! Anyway I sit on the Pontoon along with lots of well educated folks.

Yes I know I sit near you.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 99
barralad
September 18, 2017, 11:41pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from friskneymariner

Not being the least defensive just playing.

Good lad...we're all Town aren't we?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 99
friskneymariner
September 18, 2017, 11:42pm

Champagne Drinker
Hope your shingles are better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 99
barralad
September 18, 2017, 11:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from friskneymariner
Hope your shingles are better.

Kin 'ell mate...never known pain like it for so bloody long. At this rate I might be struggling for the Lincoln game!

Cannot remember the last time I missed 3 games on the trot but its looking bad for Newport...
Come and introduce yourself next time!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 99
1mickylyons
September 19, 2017, 6:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from bax

examples?

30 odd from a near 4k attendance suggests you have had a massive drop in interest?

I would suggest the backing the Trust has had from the fans over the past 3 years has dropped off and that may be down to them being victims of their own success with OP.I am not saying the Trust has done anything wrong as such just that many people me included think they are treading water so to speak. Former Chair Chris Parker`s comments regarding where he thought you could get stuck in were of interest to me and I would back that.Personally speaking what I am disappointed with is the deafening silence regarding the Trophy and the Club`s stance and I can only assume the Trust are fearful of having there seat on the board removed if they make any noise? Rightly or wrongly that`s my view and as the Trust are supposed to represent the fans and the vast majority of fans don`t back the competition they need to come out and formally draw a line in the sand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 99
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 7:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 1mickylyons

30 odd from a near 4k attendance suggests you have had a massive drop in interest?

I would suggest the backing the Trust has had from the fans over the past 3 years has dropped off and that may be down to them being victims of their own success with OP.I am not saying the Trust has done anything wrong as such just that many people me included think they are treading water so to speak. Former Chair Chris Parker`s comments regarding where he thought you could get stuck in were of interest to me and I would back that.Personally speaking what I am disappointed with is the deafening silence regarding the Trophy and the Club`s stance and I can only assume the Trust are fearful of having there seat on the board removed if they make any noise? Rightly or wrongly that`s my view and as the Trust are supposed to represent the fans and the vast majority of fans don`t back the competition they need to come out and formally draw a line in the sand.

The Trust will only ever have as much power as the Club allows them to have. That's the problem. Unfortunately, a democratic vote stopped them from ever being anything more than a voice on the fringe.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 99
1mickylyons
September 19, 2017, 7:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The Trust will only ever have as much power as the Club allows them to have. That's the problem. Unfortunately, a democratic vote stopped them from ever being anything more than a voice on the fringe.

I agree however they have proved to me they can do some very good work on behalf of both Club and fans. I just feel they need to distance themselves from our majority shareholder in a constructive manner.The Trust did a great job with the bars and enhancing the matchday experience in my opinion OP speaks for itself and now like Chris Parker said it may be time to look at a next step and what better way than getting stuck into building up our junior and youth teams so we have a future.The Trust need to keep that seat on the board but they need to use it to speak for the fans first and foremost and if that upsets anybody tough the Trust is there to represent the fans and in turn assist the Football Club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 99
bax
September 19, 2017, 9:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted Text
Personally speaking what I am disappointed with is the deafening silence regarding the Trophy

Which the Trust has publically opposed consistently in the press, in the boardroom and even provided sponsorship for the boycott game to ensure it happened in a safe manner.  

The problem is that often people on see and hear what they want to. Personally I won't ever go to a Checkatrade Trophy game in its current format and I know other Trust board members feel the same way. Apart from throwing toys out the pram I'm not sure what else the Trust can do - the club is very aware of how the fans feel on the subject. If it chooses to make a decision based on money, which it did, that's for the club to defend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust open meeting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.