1mickylyons
September 18, 2017, 8:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from moosey_club
Well if only 10 or so people turned up then there are a couple of conclusions that could be drawn....

The general support has no real regard for the trust ...

or

all is well and everyone is happy with how the trust is currently running...

Or possibly large swathes of the support who are or have been Mariner`s Trust Members have become fed up and frustrated with them towing the party line more often than not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 99
Cloudy
September 18, 2017, 8:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Or possibly large swathes of the support who are or have been Mariner`s Trust Members have become fed up and frustrated with them towing the party line more often than not?

If that is the case this was the opportunity to turn up and tell them. It is the supporters trust as far as I am concerned and the board move forward in the direction the fans tell them
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 99
bax
September 18, 2017, 9:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 1mickylyons

examples?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 99
bax
September 18, 2017, 9:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

If that is the case this was the opportunity to turn up and tell them. It is the supporters trust as far as I am concerned and the board move forward in the direction the fans tell them

Exactly! Overriding theme of Saturday was if you want something different, tell us and get involved!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 99
headingly_mariner
September 18, 2017, 11:11am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
I've always thought that people will only be interested in the Trust when the club is in a crisis. It shouldn't be that way, but people are more inclined to take action after something has happened.

Was anything decided at the meeting?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 99
bax
September 18, 2017, 11:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I've always thought that people will only be interested in the Trust when the club is in a crisis. It shouldn't be that way, but people are more inclined to take action after something has happened.

Was anything decided at the meeting?

I think that's a fair point; when something big happens (Op Pro, Stevenage) people are more interested than they are on a day to day level.

In terms of decisions, it was pointed out that if the membership wants us to have medium and longer term aims they need to tell us what they want and people need to step up to help them come to fruition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 99
friskneymariner
September 18, 2017, 11:39am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Compounded by the fact short notice of meeting ,due to other commitments I could not get to Grimsby until 13.00.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 99
Ipswin
September 18, 2017, 11:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
The Trust has outlived its usefulness (which was never great in my opinion)

Its seat on the board was always just to placate (and to get hold of its shares) it never had any power other than to make the tea extra weak or leave the pencils blunt.

It gave hope in the dark days that's about all, Fenty still rules everything and that will not ever be challenged by the Trust.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 99
psgmariner
September 18, 2017, 12:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
But you're a perpetually miserable glass smashed to bits kind of guy aren't you?

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 99
realist
September 18, 2017, 12:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
It was the timing of the meeting that put my mates and I off. We can just make the kickoff. If we cancelled the last job we might have made the meeting,,but what do we do with the couple of hours afterwards, ? As we all had to drive later a couple of hours in the pub was not possible. A bit more thought to the tome would have gone a long way to boosting the attendance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust open meeting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.