14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
stevethefish
September 9, 2017, 7:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
You were probably watching Nottinghamshire Police. Was more interesting at times!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 137
HertsGTFC
September 9, 2017, 7:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from arryarryarry

With regard to the first penalty Mills put in a foot and missed the ball and looks to catch their player, he made no complaint to the ref so I assume it was a penalty or he didn't give a toss that it was one.

I think the lack of a protest may be a bit to do with trying to stop daft sending off's rather than a lack of caring, or I hope so at least

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 137
friskneymariner
September 9, 2017, 7:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
The frightening fact is that we are stuck with group of players for the next 20 matches, so Russ do you start to turn thing round or do I invest in a statute to St Jude.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 137
GrimRob
September 9, 2017, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
If something doesn't change we are going back to the National League. The performance today was as bad as anything in our relegation season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 73 - 137
chaos33
September 9, 2017, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
I know we are short of a few quality players, but we do have some decent types. I don't understand why we don't actually try to play a bit of f***ing football!?! It's not that difficult. Can we not pass it? Retain possession for 10 seconds? Try to actually use our assets or provide some service to our front players?! FFS - these are professionals in the football league. If Slade had wanted a bunch of hoofers to just launch channel balls and hope for the best we could have signed a bunch of Sunday league locals  and saved a fortune. At least they might have shown a bit of pride in their work.

Yet again, a p1ss poor showing from top to bottom.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 137
Garth
September 9, 2017, 7:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from friskneymariner
The frightening fact is that we are stuck with group of players for the next 20 matches, so Russ do you start to turn thing round or do I invest in a statute to St Jude.

Looked piss3d off when interviewed by JT,  pressure on for Tuesday now, surely has to be a good few changes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 137
newarkmariner
September 9, 2017, 7:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
have taken a few hrs to think about todays game ,and truthfully I'm very worried,i didn't think slade was the right choice but I was prepared to forgive and forget and support him and the team whole heartedly however he is not doing himself any favours ,we lack passion ,belief and quality,we have no shape and got pulled all over today by a bang average team,we fell for there tricks all day and kept repeating the same mistakes over and over,as if the game wasn't bad enough 2 nuggets behind us verbally abused the players throughout and swore and threatened anyone who disagreed with there ever lasting love in for Paul Hurst, Near the end they threatened me and offered to fight me after the game, i said I would meet them but hey ho they weren't anywhere to be seen at the final whistle,if you cant go to the football and support the lads then I suggest you dig out your prem teams shirt ,put new batterys in your sky remote and leave going to watch town to people who want them to do well and can hold a decent conversation about whatever issues arise without getting all Danny Dyer,sharp objects.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 137
friskneymariner
September 9, 2017, 7:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from newarkmariner
have taken a few hrs to think about todays game ,and truthfully I'm very worried,i didn't think slade was the right choice but I was prepared to forgive and forget and support him and the team whole heartedly however he is not doing himself any favours ,we lack passion ,belief and quality,we have no shape and got pulled all over today by a bang average team,we fell for there tricks all day and kept repeating the same mistakes over and over,as if the game wasn't bad enough 2 nuggets behind us verbally abused the players throughout and swore and threatened anyone who disagreed with there ever lasting love in for Paul Hurst, Near the end they threatened me and offered to fight me after the game, i said I would meet them but hey ho they weren't anywhere to be seen at the final whistle,if you cant go to the football and support the lads then I suggest you dig out your prem teams shirt ,put new batterys in your sky remote and leave going to watch town to people who want them to do well and can hold a decent conversation about whatever issues arise without getting all Danny Dyer,sharp objects.

Another convert to the Chestnut Tree Cafe.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 137
newarkmariner
September 9, 2017, 8:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
?????

Another convert to the Chestnut Tree Cafe.[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 137
ginnywings
September 9, 2017, 8:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
We are the only team to beat Crewe in the league this season, so not all bad.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.