5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
September 4, 2017, 3:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
You would think that the world would be a much safer place with all these 'deterrents' spaffing around.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
grimsby pete
September 4, 2017, 4:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 222
I think Trump would love to nuke somebody but  he will be advised not to,

However I would not be surprised if he dropped  a rather large bomb on North Korea's missile site.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
Maringer
September 4, 2017, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,489
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimsby pete
However I would not be surprised if he dropped  a rather large bomb on North Korea's missile site.

Which one?

The Yanks and Russians have their missiles in hidden bunkers and I'd imagine NK will be much the same. In theory, you can't risk an attack as you don't know if you'll miss the missiles, so to speak.

Ultimately, I don't think the US is in any danger of attack but I'd be getting a little worried if I lived in South Korea. The conventional weapons NK have aimed at their cities could do enough damage, but a retaliatory H-bomb attack doesn't bear thinking about.

Hopefully, neither side is idiotic enough to escalate to actual attacks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
grimsby pete
September 4, 2017, 5:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Maringer

Which one?

The Yanks and Russians have their missiles in hidden bunkers and I'd imagine NK will be much the same. In theory, you can't risk an attack as you don't know if you'll miss the missiles, so to speak.

Ultimately, I don't think the US is in any danger of attack but I'd be getting a little worried if I lived in South Korea. The conventional weapons NK have aimed at their cities could do enough damage, but a retaliatory H-bomb attack doesn't bear thinking about.

Hopefully, neither side is idiotic enough to escalate to actual attacks.

If you do not think the US with all their spy satellites do not know where they are you are not as clever as I think you are,

Even South Korea have said they have evidence the North are planning another missile launch.

I agree with you that neither side should be idiotic enough to escalate things,

BUT

We have two idiots who do not want to back down so who knows ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
Maringer
September 4, 2017, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'd imagine the Yanks know where most of the sites are, but do they definitely have all of them? Spy sats aren't much good at detecting tunnels, I wouldn't think.

We're in agreement about the idiocy of both sides, but I think only the Yanks might be daft enough to actually kick things off. If it got to that stage, you'd hope that Trump might 'accidentally' fall down some stairs before the order was given.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
moosey_club
September 4, 2017, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Maringer
I'd imagine the Yanks know where most of the sites are, but do they definitely have all of them? Spy sats aren't much good at detecting tunnels, I wouldn't think.

We're in agreement about the idiocy of both sides, but I think only the Yanks might be daft enough to actually kick things off. If it got to that stage, you'd hope that Trump might 'accidentally' fall down some stairs before the order was given.

if taking photographs from a plane in 1945 could identify Nazi V1,V2, and the supergun site that were bunkered and tunnelled in then i am sure the technology available now will be upto the job.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Marinerz93
September 4, 2017, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

if taking photographs from a plane in 1945 could identify Nazi V1,V2, and the supergun site that were bunkered and tunnelled in then i am sure the technology available now will be upto the job.

The technology certainly does exist and there is a specific trade that checks these images to pick out what is there, I've seen spy satellite pictures of China's military assets as part of a military briefing when I was in the Forces. I was an engineer for photographic section and again as part of my role saw pictures as part of the training taken during WW2 where cameras are set at different angles and placing together gave you a sort of 3d image so you could even see people on the ground. Also there will be historic images from years ago so any sort of works can be seen. With some of the wet film images you could zoom in far more than digital so that measurements could be taken.

As others have said about Trump using a nuke, I can't see how he would but I could see him using a few MOAB's on either silo's or facilities involved in creating Nuclear or Hydrogen warheads.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
Manchester Mariner
September 4, 2017, 9:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Look at that face of pleasure from the production of lube. Such a jolly little fatty.

[img]https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/_zmlJB9Bcb93l_xJ7YTrFJ2sDhU=/950x534/filters:quality(90)/2014%2F08%2F07%2Fa2%2Fh_51507367.9b4be.jpg[/img]

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
Maringer
September 4, 2017, 11:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Don't forget that we had plenty of intelligence on the ground back then. Assistance from German scientists, spies of various nationalities and so forth. No doubt that the spy sat technology is an enormous improvement over aerial photography, but we'll have pretty much nothing in terms of human intelligence as NK is a sealed state.

My guess is that the Yanks and their allies don't have any certainty that they know everything which is going on inside NK and their development of these weapons. A 'fairly good idea' isn't much use when you're talking about nuclear weapons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Maringer
September 4, 2017, 11:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

As others have said about Trump using a nuke, I can't see how he would but I could see him using a few MOAB's on either silo's or facilities involved in creating Nuclear or Hydrogen warheads.

At which point, thousands of tonnes of shells start raining down on Seoul and we get tens of thousands of civilian casualties. We're in a no-win situation here. Hope Trump realises this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › North Korea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.