Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread (Stevenage)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Match Thread (Stevenage)

This thread currently has 24,901 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
August 19, 2017, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
2 bad performances and 2 bad results were started with a totally avoidable disasterous freekick goal.  In hindsight, this goal looks even worse for what has followed since.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 174
moosey_club
August 19, 2017, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
2 bad performances and 2 bad results were started with a totally avoidable disasterous freekick goal.  In hindsight, this goal looks even worse for what has followed since.  

3 bad performances in my book, we got the points at Chesterfield but were fortunate on the day to do so i think.
We have had three games now where we have isolated our striker, had minimum possession and surrendered large chunks of the pitch at will.

4-1-4-1 certainly hasnt made us a sustained attacking force and defending for long periods needs ultimate concentration and disicipline to prevent goals against. Something that clearly didnt happen today.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 174
Maringer
August 19, 2017, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Don't forget that the 'goal' in question shouldn't have been awarded.

It sounds like the main problem is that we've played really poorly in the past two games. How much of that is down to the formation remains to be seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 174
dapperz fun pub
August 19, 2017, 6:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I've got some advice for slade keep out of the bookies and and bring a centre half in with some pace, no way will go down with him but 50 points could well take into next April this season
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 174
jonnyboy82
August 19, 2017, 6:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
If Slade proves to be a disaster and I know that's an IF but seriously were will that leave us as a club as a whole and more importantly the were does that leave our not chairman but chairman Mr fenty on recruiting managers ?

Hopefully no were near the process but something tells me thats never gonna happen while he is chairman but not chairman.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 174
rancido
August 19, 2017, 7:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from jonnyboy82
If Slade proves to be a disaster and I know that's an IF but seriously were will that leave us as a club as a whole and more importantly the were does that leave our not chairman but chairman Mr fenty on recruiting managers [b][/b]?

Hopefully no were near the process but something tells me thats never gonna happen while he is chairman but not chairman.

Well according to the majority of posters on here the appointment of Slade was a masterstroke in spite of his disasterous previous appointment.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 174
friskneymariner
August 19, 2017, 7:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from rancido

Well according to the majority of posters on here the appointment of Slade was a masterstroke in spite of his disasterous previous appointment.

None so blind as those who will not see.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 174
Mrs Doyle
August 19, 2017, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The most worrying part is the nature of the last two defeats the lack of ideas and movement is strikingly obvious. Teams know Dembele is our biggest threat but we make it easy for teams to work us out.

Why do we persist in keeping the other dangermen with pace on the bench?  

The defence knock it about square then as they get closed down (there not the quickest) in foot and brain the aimless hoof up field results in losing possession.

Sorry but anyone who thinks Pearson was below Dixon or Clarke in terms of ability and pace are crazy.  

We lack a midfield player with a hunger and brains in the Jon Nolan mould or even Disley at his best both players were ball winners WANTED the ball and were able to pick a pass to the front men.

Our set up is so slow and negative it invites teams to push up. This tactic can only work if you have pacy players on the flanks or up front to hit on the break but despite having these players on the bench ie Tombola and the new lad  we do not use them until it is to late?

Please prove me wrong but the defence looks slow and without ideas the midfield lack hunger and vision Upfront Jones as proved he can score goals but not sure Slade believes this and strikers work in pairs off each other not isolated on there own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 174
ginnywings
August 19, 2017, 7:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I am not a fan of Slade but c'mon, it's three games into the season. Yes, we were sh1te last week and sounded worse today but it's early days yet and we shouldn't be panicking. We have more points than massive Lincoln and only one less than Mansfield who signed about a hundred players.

There's obviously things to work on, starting tomorrow morning by the sound of it. If we are still getting dicked by average sides after about a dozen games, then i'll start to worry a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 174
Mrs Doyle
August 19, 2017, 7:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Basic passing and movement at a decent pace would be a great start without looking at our possession stats over the last three games I doubt we have been pulling any trees up. One thing Hursts team did was his players usually put shifts in and worked for each other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 174
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread (Stevenage)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.