11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 12, 2017, 6:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Russel Slade has managed 800 games and has a career win ratio of 37.3%. Mark Robins has managed 400 games and has a career win ration of 37.8%, so let's not pretend Robins is some kind of football messiah. Slade may not have done well at your club but as i said earlier, both managers have had their successes and failures. You didn't beat us today because Slade is sh1t and Robins is a genius. I'm not a big fan of Slade but he is an experienced manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 103
Astute
August 12, 2017, 6:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
Not really Mariner.

My GTFC supporting lad was born in Grimsby hospital. So he became a GTFC supporter. We like to spend time together. So we go to games together. He watches Cov and I watch Grimsby sometimes. I have seen Grimsby away more times than a lot of your own supporters. They are like my second club. The emotion isn't there. But I like to see you do well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 103
Astute
August 12, 2017, 6:38pm
Coke Drinker
OK Ginny. What is his recent record like?

How is it I am so wrong but many of your supporters say he got it so wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 103
barralad
August 12, 2017, 6:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Coventry squad on a budget of millions, ours maybe a fifth of theirs. Coventry are probably a class above this but shouldn't need to cheat to prove it.

Reading between the lines I don't think they have loads of money unless hedge funders know more about football than I think they do.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 103
MuddyWaters
August 12, 2017, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

Reading between the lines I don't think they have loads of money unless hedge funders know more about football than I think they do.

They have loads more than we do!
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 103
Astute
August 12, 2017, 6:51pm
Coke Drinker
If it goes by attendances it doesn't. They told us that our budget would be top 8. That means our budget is 8th. Robins has done well with the money. And we are lucky as we have had youth players come through again. But they will be sold as soon as a bid comes in for them.

Or do you think that the 7th or 8th largest city has their only football club playing in Division 4 for no reason?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 103
Mariner Ronnie
August 12, 2017, 6:55pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Astute
Our budget isn't massive.  We are run by a hedge fund. That is why we are in Division 4. Their only interest is taking people to court trying to get compensation for what they haven't legally done wrong. We are just lucky that Robins came back. He is the best manager in this Division IMHO.

What's robins ever achieved?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 103
barralad
August 12, 2017, 6:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

What's robins ever achieved?

Well he kept Alex Ferguson in a job in 1990 (allegedly)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 103
LH
August 12, 2017, 7:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
He managed to be even more boring than Paul Hurst on RH every Saturday teatime.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 103
Astute
August 12, 2017, 7:18pm
Coke Drinker
The first time Robins came to us he saved our season. Then the next season he took us to the top of the table. He got poached by Huddersfield. Our next manager only just managed to keep us up after a great start until Xmas.

This time he took over from a manager called Slade. We were rock bottom by miles. We were not a team. It took him a few games to get us going. But we won at Wembley and started winning again. Too late to save us though.

This season he brought in players nice and early. We were in shock. We normally bring in players well after the start of the season to save on wages. He has found a gem in O'Brien our GK. Our defence and midfield looks solid.And our front line looks decent. 5 goals for. Not many chances against.

Don't worry. We all have nosebleeds. Not finished in the top 6 for over 40 years in any Division. And the last time we looked like doing it was when Robins was last with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.