11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
August 12, 2017, 4:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
It was such a negative team selection. There was no need for berret, Summerfield and rose in there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 103
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 12, 2017, 5:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
We shouldn't start with 1 upfront at home it doesn't work.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 103
jonnyboy82
August 12, 2017, 5:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
For the life of me I don't know what we Russ was thinking starting Sam Jones on the left today , Sam Jones is a cracking player in his natural position but as hard as he tries out there he is virtually anonymous.

Today also showed despite us signing about 30 central midfielders over the past couple seasons we still are lacking in quality there although out of all of them Mitch rose looks the best.

Sladey knows his football but today the whole set up was wrong .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 103
Mariner93er
August 12, 2017, 5:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Dembele must have been wondering why the he'll he was on the pitch as well, he'll have a sore neck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 103
Mikoo
August 12, 2017, 5:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Coventry turned it up a gear in the second half, they look a good side. Sam Jones is wasted on the wing.

Think the people booing at full time need to hang their heads in shame though. It's the second game of the season ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 103
Astute
August 12, 2017, 5:23pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
Sorry to say but Slade is past it. Like I said earlier he was one of the reasons we got relegated last season. I also said he doesn't have a plan B and his plan A doesn't work for half the time.

Don't get disheartened though. Dembele is some player. We couldn't handle him. Any team with him in it will always have a chance. I just hope you don't cash in on him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 103
GtfcGarner
August 12, 2017, 5:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
You don't pay a ticket price to watch your team set up 4-5-1 at home and defend all game. Coventry are a good team but no world beaters, I don't think that Russ had any intention of playing a team to win the match. Summerfield is excrement and an abomination of a player, Berrett just a lightweight option. Our midfield was copulated today and to put Sam Jones on the left wing took the morale high ground. From such a positive game at Chesterfield last week to this week, I think the first goal is just a shambles, Clarke not to blame but will have probably end up on one of those DVDs in a few years time for blunders. They took control of the game thereafter and bossed it. We are looking particularly suspect in centre midfield. I'm not calling for nobody's head or sacking but what a excrement game set up for negativity, felt like an away match with no umph.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 103
Mariner56
August 12, 2017, 5:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mikoo
Coventry turned it up a gear in the second half, they look a good side. Sam Jones is wasted on the wing.

Think the people booing at full time need to hang their heads in shame though. It's the second game of the season ffs

Just thought they were booing the ref ?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 103
promotion plaice
August 12, 2017, 5:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Did anyone clock the attendance please ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 103
MuddyWaters
August 12, 2017, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GtfcGarner
You don't pay a ticket price to watch your team set up 4-5-1 at home and defend all game. Coventry are a good team but no world beaters, I don't think that Russ had any intention of playing a team to win the match. Summerfield is excrement and an abomination of a player, Berrett just a lightweight option. Our midfield was copulated today and to put Sam Jones on the left wing took the morale high ground. From such a positive game at Chesterfield last week to this week, I think the first goal is just a shambles, Clarke not to blame but will have probably end up on one of those DVDs in a few years time for blunders. They took control of the game thereafter and bossed it. We are looking particularly suspect in centre midfield. I'm not calling for nobody's head or sacking but what a excrement game set up for negativity, felt like an away match with no umph.

Coventry squad on a budget of millions, ours maybe a fifth of theirs. Coventry are probably a class above this but shouldn't need to cheat to prove it.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.