August 5, 2017, 7:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from cmackenzie4
That run by Dembele was just fantastic.

And the pass was even better. Inch perfect.

And finished off very well.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 125
ginnywings
August 5, 2017, 9:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Could Dembele reprise the Reddy role? Breaking quickly from our own half and catching teams flat footed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 125
Mighty_Mariner
August 5, 2017, 9:06pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MarinerBen
A lot of the Chesterfield shots were long range efforts, with only a couple, or at most a handful of clear cut opportunities. I thought their solemn goal was a box sitter, where Dennis pivoted well and scored. The play leading up to his goal was just scrappy penalty area stuff.

To me that shows they've done their research as McKeown has historically struggled with shots from range. Good tactic as far as I'm concerned but fortunately for us they were dire at long shots - and James was on top form to be fair!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 125
promotion plaice
August 5, 2017, 9:07pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 125
Mighty_Mariner
August 5, 2017, 9:16pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
How did Kelley not out that chance away at 0-0 - seemed easier to score! That Dennis seems like a right sharp object!! Glad we've put one over the! Outstanding start to the season!

Add another midfielder and a quality No9, (although in all fairness Berrett and Vernon seemed to perform very well) then i think we could do some real damage in this league!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 125
A Brace Of Tees
August 6, 2017, 11:21am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
That's where the goals are going to come from. All over the pitch by the look of it and 2 steady eddies at the back. It's the Slade way.

If that's "the Slade way" then I'm all for it...sounds perfect! I just wish his predecessor had just 10% of Slade's organisational skills and tactical understanding, then we might not have seen last season dwindle away to nothing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 125
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.