ginnywings
July 28, 2017, 4:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Mariner_09
He played at centre half at Accrington and at home to Donny and was truly dire in both, especially Donny.

No he wasn't. Another player who got hammered for no discernible reason. I think it was because he was seen as a threat to Pearson and endorsed by Bignot, who also was unfairly criticised in my view. He wasn't Paul Futcher i grant you, but he was nowhere near as bad as people make out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Hagrid
July 28, 2017, 4:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
bignot deserved every inch of criticism aimed at him imo, i feel we would have headed straight back into non league with him at the helm but also felt gunning unfairly treated, never gave less than his best- which wasnt great, but nowhere near as bad as some on here say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
ginnywings
July 28, 2017, 4:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Hagrid
bignot deserved every inch of criticism aimed at him imo, i feel we would have headed straight back into non league with him at the helm but also felt gunning unfairly treated, never gave less than his best- which wasnt great, but nowhere near as bad as some on here say

Pure speculation. His record was quite good and he signed two of our best players in Jones and Osborne and possibly another in Asante, if he lives up to the billing. Still feel Bignot was treated a bit unfairly but never mind, it matters not now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Hagrid
July 28, 2017, 4:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
not speculation, its an opinion? some of the performances under him were dog shite, and the fact JF acted when he did says it all for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
StaffsMariner
July 28, 2017, 5:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
i thought he was actually getting better with games until that clash in the Wycombe game ended his run.
He was a step ahead of Akinfenwa all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
HertsGTFC
July 28, 2017, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
You don't end up in the 2nd tier of Scottish football if there is not something suspect about either your ability or attitude, probably the latter with Gunning to be honest.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
GollyGTFC
July 28, 2017, 5:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from HertsGTFC
You don't end up in the 2nd tier of Scottish football if there is not something suspect about either your ability or attitude, probably the latter with Gunning to be honest.

I always suspected he might possibly be clinically insane. He'll fit in well in Stoke-on-Trent.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 33
HertsGTFC
July 28, 2017, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
newarkmariner
July 28, 2017, 6:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
I'm sorry but this Gunning bashing is out off order, he was played out of position, Mariner 09 says he was dire at AS, thats testicles he was rock solid, did you go to the game? because everyone around me said he was MOTM. Yes he was overweight and put some over the top challenges in ,but for me he wasn't halve as bad as some on here say,i remember the clearance from under our crossbar at 0-0 against Mansfield, that changed the game in my opinion ,I'm wondering who's this seasons scape goat will be. I believe it will be a centre half who's slated for every mistake by the Pearson is Bobby Moore reborn brigade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
sonofmadeleymariner
July 28, 2017, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I always suspected he might possibly be clinically insane. He'll fit in well in Stoke-on-Trent.

Oi theres nowt wrong with us Stokies, I'll have you know... well OK theres loads wrong with us Stokies... I retract my first statement. I've got to say I'm having fun with this with all my Vale mates taking the urine out of the fact we signed Kelly, I'm having my own revenge right now

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.