Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Clements?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 142 Guests

Chris Clements?

This thread currently has 4,554 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
July 27, 2017, 6:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
A scapegoat for what? We're not even playing competitive games at the minute so how can he be a scapegoat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
wiggers
July 27, 2017, 6:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
It would seem that RS likes Berrett, he's played quite a bit since he came. Personally I think he will be a regular this season. Not a big fan but will get behind him all the same.TBH with the players we have, can't see anymore than a mid table finish I'm afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
golfer
July 27, 2017, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He had loads of opportunities to impress if he was a left winger or had a left foot. He was, like Artus and McLaughlin before him, a square peg in a round hole. Considering we were playing against what was, till very recently, a Championship midfield the other night, I thought both he and Rose did pretty well and some of his passing, particularly in the first half, was pretty good.

Too old-and I don't mean Berrett  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Grantham_Mariner
July 27, 2017, 8:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Playing tonight !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
SteveHessle
July 28, 2017, 10:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +32
Berrett can perform well, but his consistency is more miss than hit. There is a good player in there, it's just that we don't see it often enough. If he played to his technical ability, he would be a fair player. Like a lot of players at our level, consistency is the problem ...... that's why they never go up the leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
Tommy
July 28, 2017, 11:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from SteveHessle
Berrett can perform well, but his consistency is more miss than hit. There is a good player in there, it's just that we don't see it often enough. If he played to his technical ability, he would be a fair player. Like a lot of players at our level, consistency is the problem ...... that's why they never go up the leagues.

I don't doubt that Berret has decent enough technical ability.

I'd say rather than consistency, it's effectiveness in a game that is missing a bit from him. Players like Andi Thanoj spring to mind who've had good technical ability but if you can't effect a game in some way then the player is lacking in other areas.

Having said that, I do sympathise with Berret because he hasn't had that much game time in central midfield and his attributes are never suited to playing wide in a million years.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
denni266
July 28, 2017, 12:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Altho i am not a fan of Berret. i have respect for a player that  says . gaffa. if needed i will play out of position and do my best for the team even if i fail... Its the managements fault for not recruiting the correct staff..or at least getting someone that plays  said position naturally.  I am in now way knocking  RS &PW, but its there job to sort this thats why they have there jobs , same goes for all managers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
rancido
July 28, 2017, 4:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from wiggers
It would seem that RS likes Berrett, he's played quite a bit since he came. Personally I think he will be a regular this season. Not a big fan but will get behind him all the same.TBH with the players we have, can't see anymore than a mid table finish I'm afraid.

That can't be right! According to some on here the arrival of Slade virtually guarantees a play-off place at the very least!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Swansea_Mariner
July 28, 2017, 5:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Glad to see Clements back, I hope he gets another start at Wigan as he'll be playing catch up with the rest of the squad now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
grimsby pete
July 28, 2017, 5:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from wiggers

It is not just the players that make a successful team,

The manager decides who will play and how we will play and some managers can make a successful team out of average players.

Slade is one of those managers so if we are not nearer the play offs than we were last season I would be very surprised .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Clements?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.