Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club bar Clee Chronicle from interviewing Slade
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 132 Guests

Club bar Clee Chronicle from interviewing Slade

This thread currently has 15,837 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
July 29, 2017, 7:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from SteffiMariner

If all other media outlets have to pay, why shouldn't the Chronicle? The token fee would be to appease the other outlets. Just because you turn something down doesn't make you 'holier than thou' like people on here think the CC are!

Agree,and I'm sure we won't be in the minority here. Be interesting to know if other clubs act the same way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 121
Cloudy
July 29, 2017, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
The club statement said the other media partners complained. Matt Dean has confirmed that no one at the BBC had complained about the Chronicle and added that they to get 1-2-1 access to RS.

Must have been the Telegraph then😀
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 121
Badger57
July 29, 2017, 9:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
.....or someone at the club trying to blame anyone but themselves for yet another monumental public relations member up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 121
SteffiMariner
July 29, 2017, 10:16am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Badger57
.....or someone at the club trying to blame anyone but themselves for yet another monumental public relations member up?

Ah, the fail safe blame the club. I'm pretty sure if the club gave every supporter £10, some would moan is was in one note and not two £5.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 121
realist
July 29, 2017, 11:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,683
Gold Stars: 41
Come off it. The club is run by amatuers in a very poor manner. Previous boards treated it as a little boys club as well. The club (fenty) deserve every bit if critism they receive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 121
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2017, 11:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
The club have (again) acted stupidly. We need to be using all forms of local media to help advertise the club to the wider community who don't seek out GTFC related news on a daily basis. The club should be using and abusing all the local newspapers, websites & radio stations etc.. and not placing barriers in the way. Especially when it's clearly a deliberate and targeted action against one man for asking a probing question when Slade was unveiled.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 105 - 121
KingstonMariner
July 29, 2017, 11:42am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

If all other media outlets have to pay, why shouldn't the Chronicle? The token fee would be to appease the other outlets. Just because you turn something down doesn't make you 'holier than thou' like people on here think the CC are!

I'm not arguing FOR the CC but against cash for access. I don't think that the CC is holier than thou - but accepting free stuff does lead to questions about your independence so journalistically it is the right thing to do. I said it tends to even things out if you turn down 'free' ST but don't pay for access. And I'm not arguing for the others to pay either - I'd draw the line at broadcasting/live commentary/live text though as that is 'entertainment' and not 'news'.

I agree with a level playing field. But this is the wrong level.

So why should the BBC which is a not for profit organisation (and owned by all of us) pay for access to interview club staff either? And before you start writing between the lines again, I'm not suggesting anyone should have unrestricted access - it should all be properly conducted by arrangement with the club, like you'd expect in any modern company.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 121
KingstonMariner
July 29, 2017, 11:46am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

PS so why if it's a token fee to cover the cost of the 'free' season tickets, why charge in the first place and give the free ticket? It'd be a pointless transaction.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 121
Garth
July 29, 2017, 12:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from GollyGTFC
The club have (again) acted stupidly. We need to be using all forms of local media to help advertise the club to the wider community who don't seek out GTFC related news on a daily basis. The club should be using and abusing all the local newspapers, websites & radio stations etc.. and not placing barriers in the way. Especially when it's clearly a deliberate and targeted action against one man for asking a probing question when Slade was unveiled.

What was the f----kin  question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 121
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2017, 12:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Garth

What was the f----kin  question?

Can't remember exactly. Something about his departure in 2006. Fenty (grumpily) jumped in and rambled on a bit before Slade could answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 109 - 121
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club bar Clee Chronicle from interviewing Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.