3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Spidey
July 19, 2017, 3:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
I see it's £110 for overseas coverage, which I believe may work with a VPN. Does anyone know this yet, or are we having to wait till the live coverage starts to find out. I'm guessing with the monthly £4-99 subscription we will be getting the same content that we got with Mariner Player, minus the live coverage obviously?
Can someone confirm this, thanks?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
TheGoalKipper
July 19, 2017, 4:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Spidey
I see it's £110 for overseas coverage, which I believe may work with a VPN. Does anyone know this yet, or are we having to wait till the live coverage starts to find out. I'm guessing with the monthly £4-99 subscription we will be getting the same content that we got with Mariner Player, minus the live coverage obviously?
Can someone confirm this, thanks?

Have any of our overseas fans got on it yet.

Im not sure if this VPN will necessarily work. Im sure the supplier will be doing their bet to prevent its use.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Mariner93er
July 19, 2017, 4:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
It does, although it will look incredibly suspicious if you use a English bank account to pay for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
MarinerBen
July 19, 2017, 5:25pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
I used my VPN whilst logging on and it gave me the option to pay $140 for HD Live Video. Many expats still have UK banks so it's not entirely suspicious at all.

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 20
Mariner93er
July 19, 2017, 5:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
That is true, but it's definitely an indicator which they will surely utilise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
gtfckyle
July 20, 2017, 10:03am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
I can remember seeing on the EFL website under the FAQs about if you go on holiday etc.. It said something along the lines of you can pay the £110 subscription to watch the games whilst abroad but once you return to the UK it's back to commentary. So absolutely no grounds to remove your access because you're using a UK bank account.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
ginnywings
July 20, 2017, 10:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
They are a business and i doubt they are going to turn away your money because it comes from a UK bank account. I doubt they'll care.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
TheGoalKipper
July 20, 2017, 11:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from ginnywings
They are a business and i doubt they are going to turn away your money because it comes from a UK bank account. I doubt they'll care.

Surely if people can see their team play away on Ifollow for E140 pa a lot of people wont travel to away games and on a wet night not go to BP? That will affect clubs income. The Company administering it will only be bothered by their % but you would expect the clubs to have told them to find a way of blocking them. If the clubs think the income lost is too much to get a few Euros they will pull the plug do there is an incentive for the company running it to block the fans in the UK from viewing matches live.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Tradjazz
July 21, 2017, 2:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Using my VPN it asks for 130 euro.
Turning it off it drops to £45.
Therefore as long as you use the same VPN and IP address there is no reason to not receive the games by live video feed.
Going to wait to see the quality first as Mariner player last year was poor.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 20
Mariner93er
July 21, 2017, 2:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
That's because you're signing up for a different package. If you turned the vpn on, it wouldn't let you watch the games unless you upgraded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ifollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.