Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

Looks like it's happened again.

This thread currently has 13,332 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
June 4, 2017, 10:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob

Great idea. Instead of 1% of muslims being terrorists, you'd probably increase the number by a factor of 10.

I'm all for discouraging religions, including Christianity. It's just as bad as Islam. All faith schools should be abolished, or heavily taxed. There seem to be far too many churches to meet the actual demand these days, attendance has been dwindling since 1859 when the truth was revealed! But if kids are not spoon-fed religion at school it should die an even quicker death.

Like I said Rob if the majority are peace loving why would they have a problem reforming the Koran? On the other hand if they did decide to kick off better to get it over and done now when the Muslim population is about 5-10%. We have had enough appeasement now and it's time to stop worrying about the Muslim population, let's concentrate on the victims and have some robust action and I don't mean a pop concert😕

I agree with you on faith schools but there's only one religion that is killing us so banning them all would be harsh.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 123
codcheeky
June 4, 2017, 10:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yes I would want someone to talk to them but they do not want to talk to us do they ?

If it could be arranged I would like Corbyn to go over to Syria and try and talk to them if he would go.

Will more of the same work , the Tories have cut 20000 police who said this was likely to happen as a result, Corbyn wants more police bizzately May wants more cuts, engage your brain instead of your prejudice
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 123
Rick12
June 4, 2017, 10:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from codcheeky

Get a grip man . I believe in father Christmas it will never make him more real. I believe in St George and the dragon he killed
Think you need to get a grip my friend.Energy is real as was Jesus.A good man who died for preaching his message of love and good.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 123
grimsby pete
June 4, 2017, 11:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from codcheeky

Will more of the same work , the Tories have cut 20000 police who said this was likely to happen as a result, Corbyn wants more police bizzately May wants more cuts, engage your brain instead of your prejudice

In an election you have a choice of who to vote for,

You choose Corbyn I choose May,

If I am prejudiced so are you , grow up and just except your choice is not every bodies.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 123
KingstonMariner
June 4, 2017, 11:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
This old saying simplifies it a bit too much, but it holds some truth: 'Without religion, bad people do bad things. With religion, good people do bad things.' I suppose you can add to that any movement or cause which sets hard and fast principles and demonises those who don't follow it: Nazism and Stalinism.

Now sometimes, extreme seeming actions are justified by the protection they offer to other innocent people. It's the moral thing to do. I'm sure some of what fundamentalists promote is seen by them as the moral thing to do. From our point of view, most of us would probably say 'shoot the nutter with the bomb belt'. Kill him as soon as possible to render him a non-threat to the innocent public. Seems sensible. But there's a thought experiment you could come up with where you extend that principle further and further until the protective action becomes the thing we need protection from. It all comes down to fine judgement.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 123
forza ivano
June 4, 2017, 11:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Grim74

Like I said Rob if the majority are peace loving why would they have a problem reforming the Koran? On the other hand if they did decide to kick off better to get it over and done now when the Muslim population is about 5-10%. We have had enough appeasement now and it's time to stop worrying about the Muslim population, let's concentrate on the victims and have some robust action and I don't mean a pop concert😕

I agree with you on faith schools but there's only one religion that is killing us so banning them all would be harsh.

Reform the Koran? Uh?! Have you tried reading the Koran.these winkers have abused the Koran. The Koran is even more caring than the bible. You look after your stranger and your neighbour
The bizarre thing is that your Saudi extremist hates your Iranian Shia  more than even us of your Jew. Do some research and have a look at the abuse suffered by tthe alawites, Kurds, Druze etc . Try travelling to anywhere Arabic.the people will take care of you even better than you'd expect from your own family.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 123
mariner91
June 4, 2017, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,585
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Rick12
Think you need to get a grip my friend.Energy is real as was Jesus.A good man who died for preaching his message of love and good.

When did anyone claim that energy wasn't real?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 123
Grim74
June 4, 2017, 11:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano

I sort of appreciatecwhat you say grim you are starting from the wrong basis. Islam is a peaceful religion. Having travelled through n Africa and the Middle East, thevtruth is that true Muslims will offer you more than their family.they will offer you more than they will offer their kids.it is a massively caring religion ,much the same as Christianity which is usurped by nutters. The problem we have in the uk is we have too many Sunnis and too many poor Pakistanis who are perverted by Saudi propaganda
I don't know what the answer is. Maybe ,manchester tonight where we all stick the middle finger up to radical Islam is the answer, however even for a liberal like me us is tempered by the  fact that we have 23,000 others to take their place

Have to disagree Forza I accept there are many law abiding peaceful Muslims but they are either living under strict barbaric Islamic law or are not true  Muslims as we see in this Country, they tend to be passive or moderate with no real interaction with Islam. My mum for example would say she was a catholic but only went to church once a year for midnight mass. It's the devout Muslim we should worry about the ones who don't cherry pick and believe the Koran to be the word of God the one true God. Islam is a military religion which doctrines th SUBMISSION and OBEDIENCE to Allah (the sharia) by following the example of the mass murdering Mohammed as the Self proclaimed “last prophet” of God.

To compare with Christianity is way off the mark the difference is that the Bible does NOT command to kill and the islamic doctrine clearly does. Islam inspires (or you could say brainwashes) muslims to do bad things so the more interaction any muslim has with islam, the more that muslim will be influenced by islam.

Disagree with the concert to be honest nothing against the organisers they mean well but it serves no purpose, singing songs clapping and dancing is a bit of an insult to the victims in my opinion and it's hardly going to put off the next set of terrorists WHEN THEY STRIKE  AGAIN!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 123
Rick12
June 4, 2017, 11:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

When did anyone claim that energy wasn't real?
Read the posts back and you will see why I posted that

I believe in God and think religion has done more good than bad throughout history though .At the end of the day were here a short time and like Grimsby Pete said when were gone were gone.Just try to live a good way and help others flourish along the way. Lifes to short for hate and negativity end of

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 123
GYinScuntland
June 4, 2017, 11:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Shall we start a new thread for the next attack or just bump this one.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.