Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 383 Guests

Looks like it's happened again.

This thread currently has 13,240 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
June 4, 2017, 10:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from GrimRob

Great idea. Instead of 1% of muslims being terrorists, you'd probably increase the number by a factor of 10.

I'm all for discouraging religions, including Christianity. It's just as bad as Islam. All faith schools should be abolished, or heavily taxed. There seem to be far too many churches to meet the actual demand these days, attendance has been dwindling since 1859 when the truth was revealed! But if kids are not spoon-fed religion at school it should die an even quicker death.
Surprised and saddened to read your stance Rob on religion and being the forum manager as well  

All religion means is connecting to source eg energy from a scientific view    period.Just depends whether you want to attach yourself to good or bad though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmeHHdGgQkg

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 123
forza ivano
June 4, 2017, 10:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Grim74

Here's a start reform the Koran it's a book of evil. We are constantly told Islam is a peaceful religion well if that is the case these peace loving muslims won't have a problem if we take out all evil verses the ones they choose to ignore anyway.

We then have a 6 month amnesty to rid the country of this filth only the new reformed Koran will be allowed, then make it a criminal offence for anyone to be in possession and punishable by life imprisoment.

Round up the 300 jihad's that we know are walking the streets then send them to internment, close down the Saudi funded mosques, and install live feed cctv cameras with audio in all remaining mosques, shut Islamic schools.

I could go on but this is what I want to see as a minimum a line has been well and truly crossed so no more PC crap, no more Islamaphobia bullshit, no more "we are united by our values" bullshit that Corbyrn is talking about right now,

I sort of appreciatecwhat you say grim you are starting from the wrong basis. Islam is a peaceful religion. Having travelled through n Africa and the Middle East, thevtruth is that true Muslims will offer you more than their family.they will offer you more than they will offer their kids.it is a massively caring religion ,much the same as Christianity which is usurped by nutters. The problem we have in the uk is we have too many Sunnis and too many poor Pakistanis who are perverted by Saudi propaganda
I don't know what the answer is. Maybe ,manchester tonight where we all stick the middle finger up to radical Islam is the answer, however even for a liberal like me us is tempered by the  fact that we have 23,000 others to take their place
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 123
codcheeky
June 4, 2017, 10:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete
I would just like to add,

Well done  to the Police and other services in their prompt action which saved  many more lives.

If you want to act the fool and believe the daily mail propaganda good luck to you, you believe in shoot to kill, Jean Paul de Menenes was completely innocent and shot by a he police because he looked liked someone else.. If this was your son or daughter would you be so happy to say the same?  I love the fact this country has rules and laws about this
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 123
GrimRob
June 4, 2017, 10:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rick12
Surprised and saddened to read your stance Rob on religion and being the forum manager as well  

All religion means is connecting to source eg energy from a scientific view    period.Just depends whether you want to attach yourself to good or bad though

Humans are tribal. We all have a deep need to belong to some sort of grouping. Many of us on here (me included) choose football to fill that slot in our psyches. Other people use a different sport or things like a particular music genre to define to themselves who they are. The difference is most of these things like football don't take themselves as seriously as organised relgions which were established when people's understanding of the world around them was very insubstantial. Pretty much all religions (the Abrahamic ones anyway) denounce all non-believers.

I respect people's choice to follow a relgion but I don't see why it should be treated any differently to other recreational pursuits.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 123
codcheeky
June 4, 2017, 10:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Both those involved in London sand Manchester seem to have been reported to the police, somehow there is a complete failure from reporting and surveillance
There is something very wrong, either incompetence ot willfully ignorance
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 123
grimsby pete
June 4, 2017, 10:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Maringer

Wrong again, I'm afraid, Pete:

https://www.theguardian.com/po.....tional-circumstances

You've probably been misled because this meme has been spinning around after Kuenssberg did a job on Corbyn by misrepresenting what he said in an interview with her, something for which she was pulled up on by the BBC Trust:

http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....corbyn-a7533096.html

To be fair, I'd say Corbyn deserves some criticism for not being more clear about his views in the first place but Kuenssberg got into trouble with the BBC Trust because her report insinuated that he wouldn't want armed police to shoot to kill in a hostage situation when he'd not been asked about anything like that.

I think the general principle that the police shouldn't shoot to kill wherever possible is absolutely fine. The terrorists who killed Lee Rigby were both shot non-fatally which is within the remit of our laws. If you go the other way then you end up with situations like De Menezes - the unarmed Brazilian who was chased into a tube station and killed by a group of armed police who panicked in the aftermath of the 7/7 attacks. Last night, the attackers had fake suicide vests on - you'd have to shoot to kill in those situations.

I was going on by what I saw him say on the BBC website,

If you can not trust them who can you trust ?

How do we know if anything is just made up , twisted or just a lie ?

I still would not trust him as Prime Minister.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 123
codcheeky
June 4, 2017, 10:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

Get a grip man . I believe in father Christmas it will never make him more real. I believe in St George and the dragon he killed
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 123
grimsby pete
June 4, 2017, 10:49pm

Exile
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm not sure what statement by Corbyn you're referring to Pete, but are you ruling out talking to anyone about it any time? Will it only stop after a war of attrition lasting God knows how long?

Yes I would want someone to talk to them but they do not want to talk to us do they ?

If it could be arranged I would like Corbyn to go over to Syria and try and talk to them if he would go.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 123
GrimRob
June 4, 2017, 10:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from codcheeky
Both those involved in London sand Manchester seem to have been reported to the police, somehow there is a complete failure from reporting and surveillance
There is something very wrong, either incompetence ot willfully ignorance

Or 20,000 police axed from service!  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 123
grimsby pete
June 4, 2017, 10:53pm

Exile
Regarding the shoot to kill policy how many others would have been killed or injured if the police only shot to wound last night ?

When you are dealing with these type of people they will not stop trying to kill people unless they are unable to do so,

So shoot to kill is the only thing the police can do and I for one are grateful they do.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.