Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 329 Guests

Looks like it's happened again.

This thread currently has 13,247 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
June 4, 2017, 10:10am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from cmackenzie4
What is an emergency COBRA meeting and what is it suppose to achieve? There has now been three in three months!

Cabinet office briefing room A.
Tea, biscuits and a nice chat basically.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 123
LH
June 4, 2017, 10:11am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,393
Gold Stars: 169
Don't Cobra meet weekly? It's effectively the cabinet and invited guests like high ranking military or emergency services depending on what's happened isn't it?. Sadiq Khan attending today.  Emergency meeting is called in exceptional circumstances.

Give the politics a rest for the day like the parties have. Absolutely disgusting to try and get political points from a terrorist attack.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 123
KingstonMariner
June 4, 2017, 10:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Ludicrous to link Corbyn to this. Total misrepresentation of what he said.

intercourse knows what deterrent we'd use? Bomb their country. Well that's an awful lot of innocent people you're gonna kill in London, Birmingham, Glasgow etc.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 123
Mariner Ronnie
June 4, 2017, 10:57am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

What sort of deterrent do you think would make a difference seeing that the people who commit these atrocities are usually suicide bombers or willing to die for their twisted cause?

What skrill said, apart from the corbyn link.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 123
June 4, 2017, 10:58am
Guest User
If anyone has an answer on how to combat radical extremism in the UK then I  would be intrigued. What are we going to do? This has got nothing to do with immagration as most of the extremists doing this are homegrown and from Britain. People can say 'more censorship on the internet' but there are many other forms of brainwashing people than just the internet, just look at the Nazis.
Reply: 14 - 123
Rick12
June 4, 2017, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 1739
If anyone has an answer on how to combat radical extremism in the UK then I  would be intrigued. What are we going to do? This has got nothing to do with immagration as most of the extremists doing this are homegrown and from Britain. People can say 'more censorship on the internet' but there are many other forms of brainwashing people than just the internet, just look at the Nazis.
Having spoken to Muslim friends in London one in particular  didnt like the values of the West and felt it to liberal eg  mentioned liberal women who sleep around(though would never resort to terrorism).Has a point though sadly some(very small minority) take it to the next level and attack the west based on warped fanatical religious views

Different ideology's based on different cultures and I cant see it changing unless the world in these peoples eyes become more Islamic.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 123
Mariner Ronnie
June 4, 2017, 11:22am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rick12
Having spoken to Muslim friends in London one in particular  didnt like the values of the West and felt it to liberal eg  mentioned liberal women who sleep around(though would never resort to terrorism).Has a point though sadly some(very small minority) take it to the next level and attack the west based on warped fanatical religious views

Different ideology's based on different cultures and I cant see it changing unless the world in these peoples eyes become more Islamic.

So why live here then if they don't like it?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 123
Rick12
June 4, 2017, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

So why live here then if they don't like it?
You got a point.Obviously there is riches and opportunity here and people want a bit of that(law of nature).

I have pure respect/admiration  and love for the genuine ones who I have met who live their faith with good actions and not just words though

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 123
mariner91
June 4, 2017, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
I'm very liberal and I believe in the right of freedom of religion. But I have to agree with Ronnie, if you don't like the way of life in one particular country, especially if it's not your country of origin or you are a second generation immigrant, then why live here? If you don't want people drinking in bars and women being allowed to do what they want, then urine off and leave us to it. Likewise, I wouldn't want to live in a country where my girlfriend would not be allowed to drive a car, so I don't move to Saudi Arabia.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 123
cmackenzie4
June 4, 2017, 11:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from mariner91
I'm very liberal and I believe in the right of freedom of religion. But I have to agree with Ronnie, if you don't like the way of life in one particular country, especially if it's not your country of origin or you are a second generation immigrant, then why live here? If you don't want people drinking in bars and women being allowed to do what they want, then urine off and leave us to it. Likewise, I wouldn't want to live in a country where my girlfriend would not be allowed to drive a car, so I don't move to Saudi Arabia.

Exactly!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Looks like it's happened again.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.