Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FTAO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 204 Guests

FTAO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

This thread currently has 14,582 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
May 18, 2017, 7:59pm
Guest User
Maybe it's time to come out and give an explanation to the Clubs LOYAL fans??!

The Heart ripped out of the Club over a couple of weeks. Lies about contract offers and negotiations!! To be quite frank, nothing that comes out of GTFC at the moment can be taken at face value. I would also suggest that you also think you are bigger than the Club and perhaps don't feel the need to explain??!!

The Club is absolutely urine poor at PR too. The way that these loyal players are being treated will no doubt cost the Club in ST sales too. Marketing is rubbish too, you could have planned those ST sales effectively like many other clubs to increase your sales too.

You have managed to destroy that 'Community Spirit' that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years!!

Time to 'grow a pair' and come out and explain, openly and honestly.

LIES, LIES and more LIES
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Well, just over a week ago Mr Fenty was the best thing since sliced bread for giving Dis a benefit game - they say a week is a long time in politics/football/life in general.....
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 82
Cloudy
May 18, 2017, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Well, just over a week ago Mr Fenty was the best thing since sliced bread for giving Dis a benefit game - they say a week is a long time in politics/football/life in general.....

I said it then and I will say it again, I wouldn't hold my breath re Dizza's testimonial
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 82
LH
May 18, 2017, 8:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Your summons will appear in your DMs shortly.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

I said it then and I will say it again, I wouldn't hold my breath re Dizza's testimonial

I don't disagree - just getting my facts right.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 82
Davec
May 18, 2017, 8:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I'm actually with Cloudy here on everything, including the Craig Disley benefit game, I'll believe it when I see it, or if it does happen it will be a excrement pre season game against a tinpot team where Disley is a guest and he draws out the half time bonanza ticket or something, you can almost bet your bottom dollar it won't be anything "special"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 82
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 8:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
It was much simpler when all the info you got was from the Telegraph and down the local boozer. Surely the decision on players is down to the manager. Yeah, the announcement we were in negotiations with Shaun is somewhat misleading given that he is now leaving, but we have no idea what went on and whose decision it was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 82
Cloudy
May 18, 2017, 8:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
It was much simpler when all the info you got was from the Telegraph and down the local boozer. Surely the decision on players is down to the manager. Yeah, the announcement we were in negotiations with Shaun are somewhat misleading given that he is now leaving, but we have no idea what went on and whose decision it was.

But surely the week after the Plymouth game the management had to decide to either offer those out of contract a new deal or not. It could be an improved deal or it could have been on reduced terms, but either way you offer or release.

As Shaun says no deal was offered then he has been released. Simple.

I am slightly emotional as Shaun is known to me personally, a top top guy who always is pleased to see you BUT I think if RS can find a better centre half then we will be in the shake up. Mirfin??
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
It was much simpler when all the info you got was from the Telegraph and down the local boozer. Surely the decision on players is down to the manager. Yeah, the announcement we were in negotiations with Shaun are somewhat misleading given that he is now leaving, but we have no idea what went on and whose decision it was.

Yes, true, but it isn't. Facts are that players come, players go and it's the job of the board to set a budget and the manager's job to spend it. There will always be an unpopular decision and Fenty will generally get the flak - truth is Pearson would probably have got a new contract had Hurst not given Boyce a two year deal.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 82
promotion plaice
May 18, 2017, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from 1542

The Heart ripped out of the Club over a couple of weeks. Lies about contract offers and negotiations!! To be quite frank, nothing that comes out of GTFC at the moment can be taken at face value. I would also suggest that you also think you are bigger than the Club and perhaps don't feel the need to explain??!!

The Club is absolutely urine poor at PR too. The way that these loyal players are being treated will no doubt cost the Club in ST sales too. Marketing is rubbish too, you could have planned those ST sales effectively like many other clubs to increase your sales too.

You have managed to destroy that 'Community Spirit' that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years!!

Time to 'grow a pair' and come out and explain, openly and honestly

LIES, LIES and more LIES

I would imagine there is a lot of sensitive negotiations going on behind the scenes at the moment that could be compromised if not kept in house.
You never know, we could be pleasantly surprised with the squad we end up with for next seasons campaign.
I have faith in RS.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 82
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 8:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
There has clearly been a mix up somewhere. The MP statement said Andrew had been offered a contract but that Davies and Pearson were "in negotiations". I suppose it comes down to the interpretation of what "in negotiations" actually meant. I have no idea and it is misleading, so you have to say it is poor from the club to have muddied the waters in this way. Shaun is a much loved figure at Town, so he deserved better. If he was always being released, then they should have said that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
The Grim Reaper
May 18, 2017, 8:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
What if Slade brings someone in better than Shaun Pearson? Is Shaun a top L2 player? There's no room for sentiment in this game.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
Swansea_Mariner
May 18, 2017, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Fenty should have told Slade to be more careful with this one out of respect for what Shaun has done for club and community.  I don't think this helps Slade endear himself to those fans who can't stand him.

Footballing reasons fair enough but they  have made a butcher's of this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 82
lew chaterleys lover
May 18, 2017, 8:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 1542

LIES, LIES and more LIES

We are loyal fans i agree but we don't need to know the ins and outs of all the negotiations for every player do we? Obviously Slade does not consider Pearson to be the be all and end all of his defence; season tickets sales will be fine when we get together a squad of players for a promotion push which is what Slade was brought here to do.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
Ipswin
May 18, 2017, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Yet another example to add the dozens of others where we will never be told the truth. It stinks!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 82
lew chaterleys lover
May 18, 2017, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin
Yet another example to add the dozens of others where we will never be told the truth. It stinks!

It must be hard to take, you being such a die hard fan and all. What exactly do you want to be told?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
TAGG
May 18, 2017, 9:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
What if Slade brings someone in better than Shaun Pearson? Is Shaun a top L2 player? There's no room for sentiment in this game.

What if he doesn't????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 82
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 9:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from TAGG

What if he doesn't????

Then he will be judged on his results, same as every other manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 82
psgmariner
May 18, 2017, 9:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
They had negotiations but couldn't agree anything so no formal offer was made. This scenario could easily have happened and means that nobody was telling porkies, nobody needs to be ashamed of themselves and we all wish Shaun all the best and move on.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 82
TAGG
May 18, 2017, 9:09pm

Vodka Drinker

We are loyal fans i agree but we don't need to know the ins and outs of all the negotiations for every player do we? Obviously Slade does not consider Pearson to be the be all and end all of his defence; season tickets sales will be fine when we get together a squad of players for a promotion push which is what Slade was brought here to do.

Are you sure about Slade 'getting together a squad of players for a promotion push'?

He never has before!!!!!!

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Are you sure about Slade 'getting together a squad of players for a promotion push'?

As far as I'm concerned, getting to a play-off final constitutes a 'promotion push', which he has achieved at Grimsby and Orient.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
Mariner93er
May 18, 2017, 9:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
It doesn't matter what fenty, slade or the club in general Does, they will always get criticised for something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
Mariners_15
May 18, 2017, 9:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
I'm not too concerned by Shaun leaving and am still eagerly waiting to see what RS can put together in the next couple of months, I personally think he'll have some aces up his sleeve..

What I am concerned about is the PR side which never seems to improve at the minute. In this day and age with all the social media/ digital stuff it's an area that needs a serious look at. The lack of info about new shirts/ season tickets is really poor and now again no official update from the club about Shaun leaving, someone whose gave everything to this club and community for 6 years is very disappointing.. I've never been a huge critic of John but surely this is an area to invest in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
TAGG
May 18, 2017, 9:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As far as I'm concerned, getting to a play-off final constitutes a 'promotion push', which he has achieved at Grimsby and Orient.

As far as I'm concerned its a fact he's never been promoted so has never built a team good enough at any of the many c!ubs he's been at.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
lew chaterleys lover
May 18, 2017, 9:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Yes I am absolutely sure. Compared to some of the comedy managers we have had we have got a gem in Slade. Who would you like as manager as a matter of interest if not Slade? Don't tell me, a mystery man who will not only win league 2 but storm both league 1 and the Championship in successive years and win the FA Cup for good measure.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
mariner91
May 18, 2017, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from TAGG

As far as I'm concerned its a fact he's never been promoted so has never built a team good enough at any of the many c!ubs he's been at.

Mauricio Pochettino has won nothing in his entire managerial career. He's never even got to a final. He must be a proper shite manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 10:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from mariner91

Mauricio Pochettino has won nothing in his entire managerial career. He's never even got to a final. He must be a proper shite manager.

Tottenham just won 6-1 at Leicester, he's proper sh1te.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 82
TAGG
May 18, 2017, 10:05pm

Vodka Drinker

Yes I am absolutely sure. Compared to some of the comedy managers we have had we have got a gem in Slade. Who would you like as manager as a matter of interest if not Slade? Don't tell me, a mystery man who will not only win league 2 but storm both league 1 and the Championship in successive years and win the FA Cup for good measure.

Just stating a fact.
If you want to dispute the fact he has never built a team that has been promoted then go ahead.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
HertsGTFC
May 18, 2017, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from 1542

LIES, LIES and more LIES

We really need to learn that the Fishy is a message board and not a consultative body.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
lew chaterleys lover
May 18, 2017, 10:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Just stating a fact.
If you want to dispute the fact he has never built a team that has been promoted then go ahead.

In your original post you said promotion "push." He has had quite a few of those, but has not got over the line. Similar to a vast number of managers including as others have said, the Tottenham manager who presumably you would also rather not manage the Mariners due to his lack of a promotion on his cv.  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
KingstonMariner
May 18, 2017, 10:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sounds like a case of less than ideal wording on PRs and Shaun's Tweet. No more than that. Nothing sinister.

Negotiations took place. Because they didn't get to a point when they were very close together, Shaun can say a contract wasn't offered. That reads like the club never offered him renewed terms, though the club probably did.

It's a shame he's not staying. A real shame. But I don't see it as any big conspiracy or lying game.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 82
chaos33
May 18, 2017, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,869
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from TAGG

He has, however, gained 800 league games worth of experience, the vast majority of which is above this level. Sure, he could have hung around in L2 chasing a promotion to make you happy TAGG, but he seemed to prefer to build teams to compete in the championship.

This thread is 90% cobblers - slagging off Fenty and slagging off Slade.

What the f***  do people actually want?! It was going so well with Bignot wasn't it. Jeez
Get a grip and think on.....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 82
Bigdog
May 18, 2017, 10:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Sounds like a case of less than ideal wording on PRs and Shaun's Tweet. No more than that. Nothing sinister.

Negotiations took place. Because they didn't get to a point when they were very close together, Shaun can say a contract wasn't offered. That reads like the club never offered him renewed terms, though the club probably did.

It's a shame he's not staying. A real shame. But I don't see it as any big conspiracy or lying game.

You're probably right, but where's the fun in coming to that conclusion on this forum..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 82
promotion plaice
May 18, 2017, 10:40pm

Under Bignot we could easily have got relegated next season, in fact I think we would've.

Russel Slade offers us far more Football League security with the possibility of more, I'll take that at the moment.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 82
headingly_mariner
May 18, 2017, 10:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If he's saying he's not been offered a contract, I think we can be pretty clear on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 82
golfer
May 18, 2017, 10:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from ginnywings
There has clearly been a mix up somewhere. The MP statement said Andrew had been offered a contract but that Davies and Pearson were "in negotiations". I suppose it comes down to the interpretation of what "in negotiations" actually meant. I have no idea and it is misleading, so you have to say it is poor from the club to have muddied the waters in this way. Shaun is a much loved figure at Town, so he deserved better. If he was always being released, then they should have said that.

In football contracts are normally talked about between management and the player before a contract is offered. I would say the conversation went something like this " We want you but we can't really afford to pay you what we would like to,so we are thinking about as a thank you ,offering you another 1 year deal and I have managed after long pleas with the boss to be able to keep you on the same wages"     " On the same wages-they were set 2 years ago when we were non-league-surely I deserve a rise seeing we are now in the league"      I can see from your attitude there is no point in going any further so we wont be offering you a new contract-best of luck and close the door on your way out"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 82
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 18, 2017, 10:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Bloody hell I have been reading these comments since the story broke mid afternoon and now returning from the pub its still ongoing with many Fishy contributors commenting as if a board meeting was held without them being invited and decisions made without their ability to tell JF who he must tell RS to retain.

Like the majority I do not want Shaun to go and agree wholeheartedly that at worst he would be an excellent squad member and more valuable in that respect then Boyce. However, a manager must make whatever decisions he feels are the correct one not only to bring the club success but also to maintain his own standing & reputation in the game.

Older ones amongst us will remember Venables selling Maradonna from Barcelona as ultimately it would make the team stronger. We clearly have players RS does not want and that will be very frustrating for him in building a new squad. On paper you need 4 centre backs so keeping Shaun plus Boyce and signing two new guys or 1 plus Collins would appear to most of us sensible. We will not know until we see the replacements perform if we have this right but the level of meltdown is IMO over the top but mine is just one more opinion amongst many.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 82
KingstonMariner
May 18, 2017, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Bloody hell I have been reading these comments since the story broke mid afternoon and now returning from the pub its still ongoing with many Fishy contributors commenting as if a board meeting was held without them being invited and decisions made without their ability to tell JF who he must tell RS to retain.

Like the majority I do not want Shaun to go and agree wholeheartedly that at worst he would be an excellent squad member and more valuable in that respect then Boyce. However, a manager must make whatever decisions he feels are the correct one not only to bring the club success but also to maintain his own standing & reputation in the game.

Older ones amongst us will remember Venables selling Maradonna from Barcelona as ultimately it would make the team stronger. We clearly have players RS does not want and that will be very frustrating for him in building a new squad. On paper you need 4 centre backs so keeping Shaun plus Boyce and signing two new guys or 1 plus Collins would appear to most of us sensible. We will not know until we see the replacements perform if we have this right but the level of meltdown is IMO over the top but mine is just one more opinion amongst many.

Indeed. Didn't he deliver their first title in donkeys years?

Actually on second thoughts 'donkeys' years' may not be very long in Spain

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 82
TAGG
May 18, 2017, 11:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

He has, however, gained 800 league games worth of experience, the vast majority of which is above this level. Sure, he could have hung around in L2 chasing a promotion to make you happy TAGG, but he seemed to prefer to build teams to compete in the championship.

This thread is 90% cobblers - slagging off Fenty and slagging off Slade.

What the f***  do people actually want?! It was going so well with Bignot wasn't it. Jeez
Get a grip and think on.....

I want a side to get us promoted.
You may think having 800 games experience and winning nothing  is great then good for you its just that I don't.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 82
HotToddy
May 19, 2017, 12:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
In reality, Slade has at best inherited an average League 2 side. He's not going to settle for that and is going to bring in the quality to fight at the top end of the table.

James McKeown - average keeper
Ben Davies - im sorry to say he's past it
Shaun Pearson - would never be a regular in Slades side
Sean McAllister - too small imo
. .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 82
MarinersOnTheUp
May 19, 2017, 2:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from HotToddy
In reality, Slade has at best inherited an average League 2 side. He's not going to settle for that and is going to bring in the quality to fight at the top end of the table.

James McKeown - average keeper
Ben Davies - im sorry to say he's past it
Shaun Pearson - would never be a regular in Slades side
Sean McAllister - too small imo
. .

Why revao many fishy posters obsessed with the size of a player. Really annoys me when I see the phrase 'too lightweight'.

If your technically good enough you don't have to be big and just because a player is small in height it doesn't mean they're not physically good.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 82
dapperz fun pub
May 19, 2017, 6:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82

Would you class a comedy manager someone  who gets drunk loses his car keys , I could go on but won't ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 82
May 19, 2017, 7:07am
Guest User
Totally understand that we don't have an inherent right to be informed of everything that goes on behind closed doors. I just wished the Club wouldn't state that Players had been offered new deals when, in actual fact, they haven't.

A little bit more honesty and thought wouldn't go amiss when publishing stuff.

Reply: 42 - 82
ginnywings
May 19, 2017, 8:06am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 1542
Totally understand that we don't have an inherent right to be informed of everything that goes on behind closed doors. I just wished the Club wouldn't state that Players had been offered new deals when, in actual fact, they haven't.

They never said he had been offered a new deal, they only said that about Andrew. Pearson and Davies were " in negotiations" and obviously they bore no fruit with Pearson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 82
Simariner
May 19, 2017, 8:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
IN SLADE WE TRUST!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 82
mariner91
May 19, 2017, 8:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from ginnywings

They never said he had been offered a new deal, they only said that about Andrew. Pearson and Davies were " in negotiations" and obviously they bore no fruit with Pearson.

Exactly. It could well have been that Shaun said "X have offered me Y amount a week for two years" and then Town have said "Well we're prepared to give you Z amount a week for a year but we can't/won't match their offer" so no contract was ever formally put on the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 82
malkamalka
May 19, 2017, 8:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
With regards to the PR...

As with Dis, it appears that the club have conceded official announcement to the player. I personally, see this as the club acknowledging the status of senior players, in granting them this concession.

I'd think the likely scenario regarding "discussions" goes as Mariner91 suggested.

As long s it's not Lincoln, offering more

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 82
HertsGTFC
May 19, 2017, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker

Maybe they thought that they where still in negotiations with Shaun and it was JT and the players  who went public. At this moment you just don't know

If the club publicised each stage of a negotiation then its doubtful we would land anyone to be honest.

Seems odd that via Twitter Shaun had painted a picture that this no offer was made rather than negotiations not finalised into a deal, also apparently he had something lined up which would suggest he covered his backside or maybe tried to play one off against the other.

There are 2 sides to every story but often when players we love leave a club we assume it's all the clubs fault

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 82
LondonMariner43
May 19, 2017, 10:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
"truth is Pearson would probably have got a new contract had Hurst not given Boyce a two year deal."

I tend to agree with this view.  My guess is that RS does not necessarily see SP as a definite first choice centre back next season but would have kept him as a good squad player. However, the number of 2 year contracts given out by PH and MB has left little room for manoeuvre.

I assume the club had discussed some possible terms with SP but would only formalise these in a contract once there was broad agreement. They obviously couldn't offer the sort of terms that SP wanted.  

I've seen mention of 1 vs 2 year contract.  I imagine that RS is only going to offer 2 year deals to players if he is confident they can transition into L1 after next year, given his goal of promotion.  RS may well not be convinced that SP will make that step.  In contrast, a less ambitious club may be happy to sign him up for longer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 82
forza ivano
May 19, 2017, 10:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from LondonMariner43
"truth is Pearson would probably have got a new contract had Hurst not given Boyce a two year deal."

I tend to agree with this view.  My guess is that RS does not necessarily see SP as a definite first choice centre back next season but would have kept him as a good squad player. However, the number of 2 year contracts given out by PH and MB has left little room for manoeuvre.

I assume the club had discussed some possible terms with SP but would only formalise these in a contract once there was broad agreement. They obviously couldn't offer the sort of terms that SP wanted.  

I've seen mention of 1 vs 2 year contract.  I imagine that RS is only going to offer 2 year deals to players if he is confident they can transition into L1 after next year, given his goal of promotion.  RS may well not be convinced that SP will make that step.  In contrast, a less ambitious club may be happy to sign him up for longer.

interesting point.one i hadn't thought of certainly

ps my sauce/sorss/source tells me that pearson , surprisingly, is moving up in the world to Div 1. You don't have to be too SHREWd to work out where that may be !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 82
lew chaterleys lover
May 19, 2017, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Would you class a comedy manager someone  who gets drunk loses his car keys , I could go on but won't ...

Wev'e all done that  
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 82
TheGoalKipper
May 19, 2017, 10:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321

I've seen mention of 1 vs 2 year contract.  

I imagine that RS is only going to offer 2 year deals to players if he is confident they can transition into L1 after next year, given his goal of promotion.  

RS may well not be convinced that SP will make that step.  In contrast, a less ambitious club may be happy to sign him up for longer.

Thats a good idea if you can do it signing players from L2 and below. Managers get fired very easily for not achieving the clubs/fans? expectations so for the manager to be thinkig that far ahead would be rare IMO

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
diehardmariner
May 19, 2017, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,424
Gold Stars: 532
Very fair point made about Pearson and League One, hence a lack of a two-year deal.

Personally I feel Pearson could play at League One but it's all about opinions.

John Tondeur's comments on Humberside seem to suggest it was more a result of budget constraints than anything else.  Problem is we've got a lot of players we don't want with another year on their contracts and we wasted a fair whack of cash in January on players we didn't want or need.

If we're in a position where we can afford a player who probably wouldn't have demanded the earth, it doesn't bode well for the summer recruitment does it?
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
TAGG
May 19, 2017, 11:35am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Very fair point made about Pearson and League One, hence a lack of a two-year deal.

John Tondeur's comments on Humberside seem to suggest it was more a result of budget constraints than anything else.  Problem is we've got a lot of players we don't want with another year on their contracts and we wasted a fair whack of cash in January on players we didn't want or need.

If we're in a position where we can afford a player who probably wouldn't have demanded the earth, it doesn't bode well for the summer recruitment does it?

So we will suffer budget wise now because Fenty let his choice as Manager go crazy in January.
Just shows what an idiot Fenty is.
Appoints a lunatic and then let's him take over the asylum.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
Maringer
May 19, 2017, 11:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
My guess would be that he probably wanted at least a two year deal but we wouldn't offer anything longer than a year. Wouldn't surprise me if Slade didn't necessarily see him as a starter next season even if he had stayed, though I think he's certainly got enough ability to be one.

I'll be sad to see him go as he has always been a whole-hearted player who put in the effort and application both on and off the pitch, but wish him well for the future. Hopefully he's got something lined up for two or even three years to provide a bit of stability for his family, even if it means dropping back down a level for a longer contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
A.l.f.
May 19, 2017, 11:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
My take is that personalties like Shaun come along only once in a while.  He was always involved with the community and presentations and Black and White through and through.  Because of this he was responsible for lots of folk going to Blundell park, which in turn not only brought a bond between players and fans but also helped increase revenue.
He was a passionate player for us and 'got us fans' and what our football club means to us, as did Diz.
RS may bring in a better player, but finding someone as committed and hard working will not happen.
Shaun was improving so i feel he was worth a 2 year deal and think the club have been foolish to only offer a 1 year deal as some have hinted.
Have to say that i will miss him being around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2017, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from A.l.f.
My take is that personalties like Shaun come along only once in a while.  He was always involved with the community and presentations and Black and White through and through.  Because of this he was responsible for lots of folk going to Blundell park, which in turn not only brought a bond between players and fans but also helped increase revenue.
He was a passionate player for us and 'got us fans' and what our football club means to us, as did Diz.
RS may bring in a better player, but finding someone as committed and hard working will not happen.
Shaun was improving so i feel he was worth a 2 year deal and think the club have been foolish to only offer a 1 year deal as some have hinted.

If the stated aim is League 1 by the time we get the Fentydome then it's up to Slade & Wilko to select players that will get us there. They will look at each player that's here and decide if they feel they can achieve that with no agenda as to what they've done for the club in the past. I'm a big Shaun Pearson fan but he has his limitations and what goes on off the pitch is not as important as what he does on the pitch. If Slade/Wilko feel that they can do better then that's their call but, as I said earlier, I rather feel that he would have got a new contract if Boyce wasn't still here. I'd go as far as to say that I wouldn't be surprised if Boyce was one of those that they've tried to pay off.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
Mariners_15
May 19, 2017, 12:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Quoted from diehardmariner

It's probably more a case of RS wants to bring 1 or 2 of his own centre halfs in and perhaps only saw Shaun as backup for next season so only wanted to offer him X amount to give him room to manoeuvre in other areas. The length of deal was maybe also a sticking point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 82
fishyfan
May 19, 2017, 12:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: -120
what a fickle load of goons you all are. Let the board and Manager sort out their stalls ready for pre season and a promotion push next season and see what happens.

Boring how quick peoples views change, surely you should all know JF and RS want the best for the club this summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
moosey_club
May 19, 2017, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,207
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Older ones amongst us will remember Venables selling Maradonna from Barcelona as ultimately it would make the team stronger. .

Fluff me...Pearson sells one step over in over 200 appearances and he is compared to Maradonna !!!    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 19, 2017, 12:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from moosey_club

Fluff me...Pearson sells one step over in over 200 appearances and he is compared to Maradonna !!!    

Some of us can from that stepover see his potential others may struggle to appreciate what this may lead to once we introduce Shaun to the "fisted goal technique" which should make him the complete player leading to a possible call up for the 2018 World Cup.

Alternatively, he may as rumoured sign for Wrexham. Not sure of these is the most likely which makes football such a fascinating game !!!

Needs to stop raining as I need to get out & away from the computer😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
Marinerz93
May 19, 2017, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from A.l.f.

Agree with the above, who'd have thought Lever would make it from League 2 level to Championship level.

What ever the circumstances I am gutted Shaun has gone, a player who would run through a brick wall and put his body on the line for the cause. I hope he gets a decent club, all the best Shaun. It's a sad day when we lose yet another legend that got us out of the abyss.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
lee65
May 19, 2017, 12:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
As opposed to Alan Pouton, who used to sell 200 step overs in one appearance  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 19, 2017, 12:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1542

LIES, LIES and more LIES

Why?

I haven't noticed any community spirit being destroyed on the Fishy or anywhere else for that matter by either the Disley or Pearson releases. OK fans like to know. OK some fans know some players personally. OK maybe some younger fans feel a bit emotional about the dismantling of the side that got them the first promotion they've ever seen.

But the club isn't duty bound to consult anyone or even inform fans of what goes on behind closed doors. Not everything that is in the GT comes from the club either. Some players can be a bit naughty, selective and misleading about what they say and not every GT reporter or RH commentator is 100% reliable in what they say for any number of reasons. Plus, social media is a ready made poisoned chalice.

But why so bothered? There's nobody's life at stake here is there? We move on. Players move on. The club has to move on. In football, standing still means going backwards.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
Posh Harry
May 19, 2017, 1:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from forza ivano

interesting point.one i hadn't thought of certainly

ps my sauce/sorss/source tells me that pearson , surprisingly, is moving up in the world to Div 1. You don't have to be too SHREWd to work out where that may be !

DoH!

😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
LongEatonMariner
May 19, 2017, 1:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Following the club statement I assume the OP is now hanging his / her head in shame, whilst seeking out Mr Fenty to apologise ....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
forza ivano
May 19, 2017, 1:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Posh Harry

DoH!

😉

he never was any good with geography...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
Posh Harry
May 19, 2017, 1:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from TAGG

So we will suffer budget wise now because Fenty let his choice as Manager go crazy in January.
Just shows what an idiot Fenty is.
Appoints a lunatic and then let's him take over the asylum.

In January we signed osbourne, jones, Clements, yussuf and Asante. Off the top of my head all the others were loans (with gunning on a short term contract). Loans will not effect this years budget and of the players named which are we saying we would prefer not to have. Most would say osbourne and jones were excellent signings, Asante has impressed in the little seen, Clements splits opinion (looks a decent player to me) and we have seen little of yussuf to make full judgement (although maybe the management already have). I don't know this but I would make an educated guess that those coming from non league would get a pay rise but be on less than an established league player (I have no proof of this) and the other 2 were not wanted by their own clubs so I'm guessing were hardly commanding a massive wage.

At the start of the season we signed a number of players on a 2 yr contract including summerfield, berret, Boyce, vernon and Browne. We have not really seen Browne so difficult to make judgement. Vernon is another who splits opinion although personally I think he CDAJATL but, but due to age, background, and the fact that we were about to start the season very light up front, I suspect he will be one of highest earners in the club. The other 3 by general consensus, are squad players at best, shouldn't have been signed at worst. All 3 league players (although 2 just relegated) so commanding decent wages and we even paid a fee for Berret ffs, so who is to blame if there is a lack of a budget next year? Not sure it's totally MB of JF. JF will have been guided by PH and would have thought it wise to trust his judgement. MB had many negatives whether that be tactics, motivation, man management etc, but from what I can see, he does have an eye for a player.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2017, 1:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Posh Harry

In January we signed osbourne, jones, Clements, yussuf and Asante. Off the top of my head all the others were loans (with gunning on a short term contract). Loans will not effect this years budget and of the players named which are we saying we would prefer not to have. Most would say osbourne and jones were excellent signings, Asante has impressed in the little seen, Clements splits opinion (looks a decent player to me) and we have seen little of yussuf to make full judgement (although maybe the management already have). I don't know this but I would make an educated guess that those coming from non league would get a pay rise but be on less than an established league player (I have no proof of this) and the other 2 were not wanted by their own clubs so I'm guessing were hardly commanding a massive wage.

At the start of the season we signed a number of players on a 2 yr contract including summerfield, berret, Boyce, vernon and Browne. We have not really seen Browne so difficult to make judgement. Vernon is another who splits opinion although personally I think he CDAJATL but, but due to age, background, and the fact that we were about to start the season very light up front, I suspect he will be one of highest earners in the club. The other 3 by general consensus, are squad players at best, shouldn't have been signed at worst. All 3 league players (although 2 just relegated) so commanding decent wages and we even paid a fee for Berret ffs, so who is to blame if there is a lack of a budget next year? Not sure it's totally MB of JF. JF will have been guided by PH and would have thought it wise to trust his judgement. MB had many negatives whether that be tactics, motivation, man management etc, but from what I can see, he does have an eye for a player.

UTFM

To my untrained eye, Berrett & Vernon looked much better in the few games Slade played them than they ever did under Bignot or Hurst. Hurst, for some bizarre reason even stuck Berrett on the left wing.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
May 19, 2017, 2:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1542

LIES, LIES and more LIES

There is a certain sense of irony in the op's post , perhaps he should have waited and got his facts right before chucking all of the toys out of the pram....
Reply: 69 - 82
Ipswin
May 19, 2017, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Rob Jones has just been released by Hartlepool - Slade likes him - just saying

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 82
LondonMariner43
May 19, 2017, 2:59pm
Champagne Drinker
While we are at it, I am still angry at the way Kevin Drinkell was sold off cheap to Norwich.  As a school boy I wrote a letter to the GET to vent my anger.  There was no Fishy or Twitter in those days.  I am still waiting for a reply from the Board - come on Fenty, sort it out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 82
Civvy at last
May 19, 2017, 4:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,202
Gold Stars: 131
While we are at it, I am still angry at the way Kevin Drinkell was sold off cheap to Norwich.  As a school boy I wrote a letter to the GET to vent my anger.  There was no Fishy or Twitter in those days.  I am still waiting for a reply from the Board - come on Fenty, sort it out.

I'm sure that JF will be just as aware as I am that the Drinkell deal went to a tribunal. Which (surprise surprise) favoured the big club and royally shafted Town.
Wouldn't surprise me if the illegitimate father of the illegitimate Shaun Harvey was on said tribunal!!

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 82
LondonMariner43
May 19, 2017, 8:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

I'm sure that JF will be just as aware as I am that the Drinkell deal went to a tribunal. Which (surprise surprise) favoured the big club and royally shafted Town.
Wouldn't surprise me if the illegitimate father of the illegitimate Shaun Harvey was on said tribunal!!

You are right. My letter complained about how Wilkinson and Lund were getting picked ahead of Drinks and that led to him wanting to leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 82
Cod Cheeks
May 19, 2017, 8:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Is it just another case of 'get your alternative facts right'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 82
promotion plaice
May 19, 2017, 9:32pm

Quoted from Ipswin
Rob Jones has just been released by Hartlepool - Slade likes him - just saying

I think he was injured most of the time, age catches up with you in the end.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 82
Mrs Doyle
May 20, 2017, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Lets hope Fenty and manager see eye to eye this time round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 82
Civvy at last
May 20, 2017, 2:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,202
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Lets hope Fenty and manager see eye to eye this time round.

I wonder if things really were as bad as said when RS left us before.

Both parties must think it will work or he would not be here.

And I'll settle this coming season for a play off final with RS flouncing off if he so desires !!

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 82
Cloudy
May 20, 2017, 2:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

I wonder if things really were as bad as said when RS left us before.

Both parties must think it will work or he would not be here.

And I'll settle this coming season for a play off final with RS flouncing off if he so desires !!

Don't think they were bad last time. Didn't Fenty attend Slade's wedding shortly after he departed??

Having said that I think PH had the best idea, only spoke to the non chairman if he had to
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 82
HertsGTFC
May 20, 2017, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Don't think they were bad last time. Didn't Fenty attend Slade's wedding shortly after he departed??

Having said that I think PH had the best idea, only spoke to the non chairman if he had to

I think PH applied that policy to everyone didn't he?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 82
moosey_club
May 21, 2017, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,207
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Cloudy

Only because his Mrs had already bought a hat and he couldnt find the receipt  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 82
Cloudy
May 21, 2017, 10:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Only because his Mrs had already bought a hat and he couldnt find the receipt  

The hat was asked to go as a volunteer rather than in paid role
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 82
grimsby pete
May 21, 2017, 1:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think PH applied that policy to everyone didn't he?

He certainly did on mariners player  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 82
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FTAO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.