Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FTAO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 241 Guests

FTAO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

This thread currently has 14,581 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
May 18, 2017, 7:59pm
Guest User
Maybe it's time to come out and give an explanation to the Clubs LOYAL fans??!

The Heart ripped out of the Club over a couple of weeks. Lies about contract offers and negotiations!! To be quite frank, nothing that comes out of GTFC at the moment can be taken at face value. I would also suggest that you also think you are bigger than the Club and perhaps don't feel the need to explain??!!

The Club is absolutely urine poor at PR too. The way that these loyal players are being treated will no doubt cost the Club in ST sales too. Marketing is rubbish too, you could have planned those ST sales effectively like many other clubs to increase your sales too.

You have managed to destroy that 'Community Spirit' that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years!!

Time to 'grow a pair' and come out and explain, openly and honestly.

LIES, LIES and more LIES
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Well, just over a week ago Mr Fenty was the best thing since sliced bread for giving Dis a benefit game - they say a week is a long time in politics/football/life in general.....
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 82
Cloudy
May 18, 2017, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Well, just over a week ago Mr Fenty was the best thing since sliced bread for giving Dis a benefit game - they say a week is a long time in politics/football/life in general.....

I said it then and I will say it again, I wouldn't hold my breath re Dizza's testimonial
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 82
LH
May 18, 2017, 8:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Your summons will appear in your DMs shortly.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

I said it then and I will say it again, I wouldn't hold my breath re Dizza's testimonial

I don't disagree - just getting my facts right.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 82
Davec
May 18, 2017, 8:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I'm actually with Cloudy here on everything, including the Craig Disley benefit game, I'll believe it when I see it, or if it does happen it will be a excrement pre season game against a tinpot team where Disley is a guest and he draws out the half time bonanza ticket or something, you can almost bet your bottom dollar it won't be anything "special"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 82
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 8:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
It was much simpler when all the info you got was from the Telegraph and down the local boozer. Surely the decision on players is down to the manager. Yeah, the announcement we were in negotiations with Shaun is somewhat misleading given that he is now leaving, but we have no idea what went on and whose decision it was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 82
Cloudy
May 18, 2017, 8:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings
It was much simpler when all the info you got was from the Telegraph and down the local boozer. Surely the decision on players is down to the manager. Yeah, the announcement we were in negotiations with Shaun are somewhat misleading given that he is now leaving, but we have no idea what went on and whose decision it was.

But surely the week after the Plymouth game the management had to decide to either offer those out of contract a new deal or not. It could be an improved deal or it could have been on reduced terms, but either way you offer or release.

As Shaun says no deal was offered then he has been released. Simple.

I am slightly emotional as Shaun is known to me personally, a top top guy who always is pleased to see you BUT I think if RS can find a better centre half then we will be in the shake up. Mirfin??
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
It was much simpler when all the info you got was from the Telegraph and down the local boozer. Surely the decision on players is down to the manager. Yeah, the announcement we were in negotiations with Shaun are somewhat misleading given that he is now leaving, but we have no idea what went on and whose decision it was.

Yes, true, but it isn't. Facts are that players come, players go and it's the job of the board to set a budget and the manager's job to spend it. There will always be an unpopular decision and Fenty will generally get the flak - truth is Pearson would probably have got a new contract had Hurst not given Boyce a two year deal.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 82
promotion plaice
May 18, 2017, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from 1542
Maybe it's time to come out and give an explanation to the Clubs LOYAL fans??!

The Heart ripped out of the Club over a couple of weeks. Lies about contract offers and negotiations!! To be quite frank, nothing that comes out of GTFC at the moment can be taken at face value. I would also suggest that you also think you are bigger than the Club and perhaps don't feel the need to explain??!!

The Club is absolutely urine poor at PR too. The way that these loyal players are being treated will no doubt cost the Club in ST sales too. Marketing is rubbish too, you could have planned those ST sales effectively like many other clubs to increase your sales too.

You have managed to destroy that 'Community Spirit' that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years!!

Time to 'grow a pair' and come out and explain, openly and honestly

LIES, LIES and more LIES

I would imagine there is a lot of sensitive negotiations going on behind the scenes at the moment that could be compromised if not kept in house.
You never know, we could be pleasantly surprised with the squad we end up with for next seasons campaign.
I have faith in RS.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 82
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FTAO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.