3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2017, 11:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
The "it's a short career " phrase has always made me smile as when they finish playing the could always get another job. Especially if you start studying/gaining experience in the last few years of your playing career

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
headingly_mariner
February 4, 2017, 12:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I imagine there will be some brainless male masturbators giving him shite today. He will be under enough pressure so perform.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
lancspontooner
February 4, 2017, 12:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +213
It's going to be a difficult game today so please let's give JM our full support whatever happens.

It must have been a little bit annoying for him to see the level of adulation given to Deano but that lad could make it to the top if he keeps developing. It was a little bit like the time Dave Beasant came and caught everything. But every keeper makes a howler sometimes - that's why Beasant was here. Deano's not been doing it long enough to have a stinker yet - but it will come.

Meanwhile Macca is still our keeper. he's shared our pain and our glory. Let's show him some love.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Stadium
February 4, 2017, 12:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Another embarrassment of a post.
After some of the ridiculous musings on the Henderson thread yesterday it really does make you wonder.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
moosey_club
February 4, 2017, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Prefer the No.2 for a beer myself but each to their own  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Stadium
February 4, 2017, 12:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Yep under the clock for me  

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Swansea_Mariner
February 4, 2017, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Don't get it (hendo love in) myself, saves one OK free kick and collects a few crosses and all of a sudden the next best thing since sliced bread.

Macca has proven to be a consistently good keeper over a sustained period, the odd mistake, but then again almost all keepers do. Look at some of the other keepers we've had at this level  Williams, Colgan, Barnes, Maccas better than all of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Kris2
February 4, 2017, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Don't get it (hendo love in) myself, saves one OK free kick and collects a few crosses and all of a sudden the next best thing since sliced bread.

Macca has proven to be a consistently good keeper over a sustained period, the odd mistake, but then again almost all keepers do. Look at some of the other keepers we've had at this level  Williams, Colgan, Barnes, Maccas better than all of them.

To be fair I think a blow up doll would have been more effective than Williams.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Posh Harry
February 4, 2017, 1:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I'm not sure how much you have seen him play then. 2 pretty much world class saves at Carlisle and an excellent one in first half against Blackpool come to mind, but I have only seen him play twice. More importantly was his command of the area and coming out for crosses from set pieces and I'm not seen him drop any. This breeds confidence in the defence and the whole team, so I think you do him a disservice with your summary.

That being said, I firmly believe that macca is a good keeper and capable at this level.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
ginnywings
February 4, 2017, 1:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
There's not much excitement in Barton. Gotta make your fun where you can get it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No1 today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.