11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
January 11, 2017, 2:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I echo ginnywing's thoughts. Those games were he is clearly getting frustrated and becomes redundant will work against him, in the aspect of his ability to adapt. And ultimately, he is an extreme case of a confidence player. So teams will be wary of forking out too much on a player, who, when he isnt scoring, isn't offering much more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 107
Brazilnut
January 11, 2017, 2:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Maringer

Bogle and Bent are certainly different types of strikers, however, so not all that much of a direct comparison to be had. Bogle's more of a lower-division Drogba/Lukaku sort of player (though obviously nowhere near as good as either!), not a poacher.

He reminds me more of a Heskey.......even in the way he splits the fans opinion  of  him

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 107
mariner91
January 11, 2017, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Brazilnut

He reminds me more of a Heskey.......even in the way he splits the fans opinion  of  him

Does he split opinion? I'm sure at least 90% of our fans would say he's fairly good if not better. Heskey was just a battering ram. Omar has ability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 107
Grimsby2012
January 11, 2017, 3:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
The thing is. There is a difference between the value of a player, and how in demand he is.

He may be worth 1-1.5 million, but he could easily go for double that (2-3 million) if he creates a bidding war.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 107
Brazilnut
January 11, 2017, 3:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from mariner91

Does he split opinion? I'm sure at least 90% of our fans would say he's fairly good if not better. Heskey was just a battering ram. Omar has ability.

to a certain extent he does , some think he is the dogs b0ll0cks /golden goose and others are more reserved and question his temperament

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 107
BeijingMariner
January 11, 2017, 3:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from mariner91

sorry, maybe I am being a bit thick here, but isn't value (financial) based almost entirely on demand?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 95 - 107
mariner91
January 11, 2017, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from BeijingMariner

sorry, maybe I am being a bit thick here, but isn't value (financial) based almost entirely on demand?

Yes but I'm not sure how that's related to the post you quoted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 107
Hertsmariner
January 11, 2017, 3:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
I've maintained all along that Town should do their utmost to keep Omar at least until the summer. Renewing his acquaintance with Marcus, who is constantly saying he wants more from Omar, suggests to me that there may well be more to come from him with hard work, and particularly if the team's 'rhythm' can be improved with this month's signings-a better supply of balls to his feet would be a start. The fact that his overall game has improved so much in 12 months suggests to me that with another half-season at BP, some of the remaining 'rough edges' can be removed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 107
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2017, 3:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ginnywings

Giving him a 3 year deal was in the best interests of the club and i would say it was the board who take the credit for that as much as Hurst.

Joint effort I'm sure as we debated at length recently PH had a budget and if we offered deals in years 2 and 3 I am sure he would have know that would have had an impact especially if we failed to go up.

If I was a scout or a recruiting manager I would have to look at how much Omar could be developed going forward before I made an offer as he in my mind is not a signing to make an instant impact he will need time and judging by what we can see a manager who is savvy enough when to know to kick him up the backside (sub on the bench)  put an arm around him.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 107
BeijingMariner
January 11, 2017, 4:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from mariner91

Yes but I'm not sure how that's related to the post you quoted?

clicked the one below by mistake should have been this one

"The thing is. There is a difference between the value of a player, and how in demand he is."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 99 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 850k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.