arryarryarry
September 7, 2016, 12:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Peeler_Crab

I think we should be aiming for something like Rotherham's new ground in appearance..

Personally I think their ground looks odd with the stepped roofing.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 115
ginnywings
September 7, 2016, 12:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Sorry to disillusion people who are desperate for this to happen and see it as part of the brave new world but putting red crosses won't alter the facts. Extreme Leisure is not a developing company. It is a newish company that is looking to expand into a niche in the market that is as yet untested in the long term. The £55m and the 300+ jobs are estimates by them and NELC if the whole of the development can be realised.

Don't shoot the messenger. Look up the company for yourselves and see what they do, that's what I did.

Who made you the messenger? You know this won't happen for a fact because of the company involved? You may turn out to be right but FFS, can't we just take this at face value until we know otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 115
Cloudy
September 7, 2016, 12:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
the way i read it is that Extreme are certainly not the developer but they have got people involved who will be, plus getting expressions of interest in the site by way of retail units etc?

They are facilitators are they not???

"Alistair Gosling chairman at Extreme said: "We are very excited to be working on this sport & leisure development and the opportunity to create a fantastic new stadium and sports destination.

"This will provide inbound Investment, local employment and better facilities for the Locals and Visitors of North East Lincolnshire. It is further commitment to the success of Grimsby Town FC and their achievement of promotion to the league."

No mention of them developing the site
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 115
Youngy
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Regarding design.....

I'm hoping safe standing becomes an option if/when the stadium gets built. Celtic have proven it can work in British football and I think it would make a huge difference to the atmosphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 115
Guest User
Extreme Leisure has never put cement on a brick. They don't do that. They offer a service to clients to plan and project manage a development. They don't do planning permission, they don't buy land, they don't do residential or retail, they don't actually construct leisure centres or hotels or ice rinks or football grounds or anything else. They simply arrange things and take a slice off the top while promising to advertise your venture as their own on their site. They may arrange events and act as consultants, again at a cost. They do not contribute to the running or staffing. What you see in the GT today is a publicity feature that might or might not be in that form, and might or might not happen.

Just had a look myself. Looks like they've been appointed to market the project and deal with all the PR. Which is fair enough. Especially the PR...
Reply: 64 - 115
Ipswin
September 7, 2016, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Sigone

Thought he did brilliantly, came across very well and didn't put his foot in his mouth once Well done John!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 115
Green27
September 7, 2016, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from LH
The trend with new stadiums doesn't tend to be solid coloured areas of seating - two or three colours placed randomly to camouflage any empty seats. I hope we don't get any writing on them like that GTFC though. Looks crap in smaller grounds.

This is all the least of our concerns though!

Something like Langtree Park would be phenomenal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langtree_Park

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 115
Ipswin
September 7, 2016, 1:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Youngy
Regarding design.....

I'm hoping safe standing becomes an option if/when the stadium gets built.  

You'll have standing in the two fields behind the goals where there aren't any stands

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 115
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 7, 2016, 1:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Cloudy
the way i read it is that Extreme are certainly not the developer but they have got people involved who will be, plus getting expressions of interest in the site by way of retail units etc?

They are facilitators are they not???

"Alistair Gosling chairman at Extreme said: "We are very excited to be working on this sport & leisure development and the opportunity to create a fantastic new stadium and sports destination.

"This will provide inbound Investment, local employment and better facilities for the Locals and Visitors of North East Lincolnshire. It is further commitment to the success of Grimsby Town FC and their achievement of promotion to the league.

No mention of them developing the site

Thank you so much Cloudy - that's what I was trying to get over to people before they get stuck on cloud 9 expecting this development to happen as per the GT.

The company is a go-between as someone called it. They do the PR and enthuse everyone.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 115
LongEatonMariner
September 7, 2016, 1:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1

Thank you so much Cloudy - that's what I was trying to get over to people before they get stuck on cloud 9 expecting this development to happen as per the GT.

The company is a go-between as someone called it. They do the PR and enthuse everyone.

Enthus everyone? They need to work harder on Realist!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Announcement re Stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.