12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
September 7, 2016, 11:04am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
If Southerners (Extreme Leisure) are involved its going to happen, them there boys are far too clever for the backward thinking minority that are against it.

They will come up with the brilliant idea of naming it the Defraitas Adventure Stadium melting the old boy`s heart
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 115
Bigdog
September 7, 2016, 11:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
the picture being used has been used for ages now.

i hope its not changed much tho, i like the idea of an enclosed stadium.

Architectural design has come on a lot in the past twenty years, I hope it will look far better than a drawing from the late eighties or early nineties..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 115
Peeler_Crab
September 7, 2016, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Bigdog

Hope not.. Red looks cheap and nasty. Neutral grey, black or black and white would look much better. A new artist's impression wouldn't go amiss..

I think we should be aiming for something like Rotherham's new ground in appearance..

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 115
marinerjase
September 7, 2016, 11:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Whilst things are progressing there is still a long way to go before it happens, don't get too excited yet. Personally don't feel PP is right, but given that's where they say it has to be then so be it. I guess the application/process is quite clever to an outsider, ie housing, sport facilities which will appease a fair few.  Questions for me are obviously the road network, access, one exit out of car park like most modern grounds, I'd question the need for all the training pitches but guess that's inclusive because of the available funding routes for the club, and then there is the Cheapside (?), BP sale, does that go towards costs or am I reading it wrong in that the 'backer' funds everything? Will Fenty get his loans back, and if so will that mean we could develop a better, more open, honest board? Because, although some don't like seeing it or admitting it, it is a one man show at present, and has been for years. The argument of his funds keeping the club going of course is indeed that - an argument - and can be questioned both sides but that's a topic not worth repeating - what I don't know the answer to is whether Mr Fenty, if can be repaid, walks away or remains? And if remains, at what cost? Will the club still be 'beholden' to him?

Personally if loans can be repaid it would be a great opportunity for a fresh start and approach. There are numerous things and ways the club can improve, on and off the pitch, and personnel likewise. The Trust has personnel who are currently outshining club board in ways of engaging, ideas, generating money and in ways of the club actually being what it promotes - a club for the community. These people, and any new ones capable - should be approached and utilised but not just as and when the club needs - they should be replacing the ones failing at the moment. Should always be looking to improve, individually and collectively.

A new ground could potentially be good for the area, jobs etc, growth, but do it in a manner the right way, not 'mammary for tat' petty arguments, thinking anyone of a different opinion is '(insert whatever name/abusive remark)' used. Be approachable to another argument, listen, reason, debate. If can't agree - agree to disagree.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 115
Sigone
September 7, 2016, 11:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 115
LH
September 7, 2016, 11:54am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
The trend with new stadiums doesn't tend to be solid coloured areas of seating - two or three colours placed randomly to camouflage any empty seats. I hope we don't get any writing on them like that GTFC though. Looks crap in smaller grounds.

This is all the least of our concerns though!
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 115
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 7, 2016, 11:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Extreme Leisure has never put cement on a brick. They don't do that. They offer a service to clients to plan and project manage a development. They don't do planning permission, they don't buy land, they don't do residential or retail, they don't actually construct leisure centres or hotels or ice rinks or football grounds or anything else. They simply arrange things and take a slice off the top while promising to advertise your venture as their own on their site. They may arrange events and act as consultants, again at a cost. They do not contribute to the running or staffing. What you see in the GT today is a publicity feature that might or might not be in that form, and might or might not happen.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 115
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 7, 2016, 12:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Sorry to disillusion people who are desperate for this to happen and see it as part of the brave new world but putting red crosses won't alter the facts. Extreme Leisure is not a developing company. It is a newish company that is looking to expand into a niche in the market that is as yet untested in the long term. The £55m and the 300+ jobs are estimates by them and NELC if the whole of the development can be realised.

Don't shoot the messenger. Look up the company for yourselves and see what they do, that's what I did.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 115
The Yard Dog
September 7, 2016, 12:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Look at Alistair Gosling LinkedIn page

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/algoslingextreme

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 115
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 7, 2016, 12:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Look at Alistair Gosling LinkedIn page

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/algoslingextreme

Yes, that's what I read plus their own website.

Coincidentally I watched the Wolf Of Wall Street on Sunday night as well.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Announcement re Stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.