6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
cleethorpes_mariner
September 3, 2016, 8:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Cloudy

It isn't 50 vocal posters on here though is it? If you and JF think it is, and his comments to Ginny suggests he believes it, then you all and he are further out of touch than I first thought.

Lots of fans are very frustrated at the way the club rolled over for the Under 21/23s inclusion in the EFL Trophy, the fact the Trust weren't even aware the meeting was taking place let alone asked for a view, the fact JF stated publically that B teams inclusion in the FL could be a positive thing and above all the club cannot see anything wrong with this.

BTW. JF knows who I am

I get it that allot of fans are unhappy with the EFL decision and I don't agree with the new format either. As far as what JF thinks you will have to ask him,
I am under the impression the Trust did know about the proposal before the meeting again this is something the Trust and JF will have to answer themselves.
I thought we where talking about the FL restructure but you seem to have turned it in to an EFL debate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
Cloudy
September 3, 2016, 9:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

I get it that allot of fans are unhappy with the EFL decision and I don't agree with the new format either. As far as what JF thinks you will have to ask him,  no need to ask, we all know he voted in favour of it
I am under the impression the Trust did know  the proposal before the meeting again this is something the Trust and JF will have to answer themselves. They have, they didn't know
I thought we where talking about the FL restructure but you seem to have turned it in to an EFL debate No, it is about the future of the Football League and the smaller clubs, that involves both the restructure and EFL Trophy and anything else that revolves around GTFC and the future of football in this country. .

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2016, 9:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bax

Well the two are very, very different things. Not even close to being the same! No one has told anyone to shut up. Too much fantasy world dreaming from too many Town fans at times.

What was the point you were making though Bax?

And what fantasy world dreaming is going on?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 59
GrimRob
September 3, 2016, 10:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
At the end of the day whoever runs and owns the club (whether an individual, group of fans, or the Trust) someone has to put their hand up at the meeting. All we normal mortals can do is try and influence that person or group of people. If there are a couple of hundred on here and a few more on the likes of Twitter whose comments might fall under the gaze of the decision makers, then that's still more input than 4500 who don't say anything. If The Trust were to make the decision, how do they find out what people think? Most fans don't belong to the Trust, and even the ones who do, are in the main not involved in it in any way. However, you run and organise things very few people will actually have a direct input into the decision.

The other good thing about making your comments on somewhere like this Fishy or Twitter is that it might influence the other 71 sets of decision makers, as it might be seen and enter the collective thoughts of other people.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 59
mariner83
September 9, 2016, 7:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
IlkleyMariner
September 9, 2016, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
What does Plymouth response say?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
mariner83
September 9, 2016, 7:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Haha should have checked I was pasting the right link. Edited now.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
Bigdog
September 9, 2016, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Not too hard then for Plymouth's board to make public their stance on the proposals.. Bet their fans now feel assured and comforted by this. A bit better than just a "trust me"..

Totally agree with every single thing the Pilgrim's board say..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
Ipswin
September 9, 2016, 7:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A much debated point, means the future is in his hands.

Which he is rubbing madly together right now no doubt as he wiggles with uncontrollable excitement about the new stadium project. I don't know if he will benefit personally but he won't lose out that's for sure and of course he will be able to look upon the Peaks Parkway conurbation as his legacy to the town in general and the social housing section of it as his little bit to aid the poor and downtrodden of the borough.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
IlkleyMariner
September 9, 2016, 8:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Well done, Plymouth.

Hope we get another 71 well written responses which oppose the EFL proposal.

Let the Premier League fly off to Asia-we don't want/need them here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Restructure of the Football League

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.