16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
August 29, 2016, 3:48pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 4055
Walsall are not fielding an under 23s team so whats the problem with supporting the Mariners tuesday night. The under 23s teams of Shf utd and Liecester will be playing at BP, we need the income these matches may generate. Do you really believe the championship clubs and premier clubs are bothered about away attendencies of their sides matches , No is the answer. Whatever happens the FA will do what the Premiership clubs want, supporters watching or not.

It's not Sheff United's U-23's just Leicesters.unless they choose to field an U23 side that is.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 150
Cloudy
August 29, 2016, 4:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 4055
Walsall are not fielding an under 23s team so whats the problem with supporting the Mariners tuesday night. The under 23s teams of Shf utd and Liecester will be playing at BP, we need the income these matches may generate. Do you really believe the championship clubs and premier clubs are bothered about away attendencies of their sides matches , No is the answer. Whatever happens the FA will do what the Premiership clubs want, supporters watching or not.

Sadly, it is that attitude, IMHO, that will lead to the eventual demise of football as we know it.

I am of the view that FANS can have a say and not allow Harvey and the likes their own way.

Just like operation promotion, together fans can make a difference. I will be lobbying the sponsors and fans need to send out a message to clubs, sponsors and bureaucrats that without us there is no game
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 150
GrimRob
August 29, 2016, 4:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Les Brechin

It's not Sheff United's U-23's just Leicesters.unless they choose to field an U23 side that is.

The league sides are not allowed to field an U-23 side without incurring a fine.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 150
arryarryarry
August 30, 2016, 9:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2

It's all preachy until we hit an advanced stage of the cup then suddenly they all attend two beers in hand top off jumping up and down with their man boobs jiggling hoping for a bit of glory to shout about when we beat some Premier League kids for a trophy.

Will this not apply to our lady fans as well?

Private Message
Reply: 73 - 150
arryarryarry
August 30, 2016, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 4055

I understood the under 23/B Premiership/Championship teams would be playing at their home grounds.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 150
Kris2
August 30, 2016, 9:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry

Will this not apply to our lady fans as well?

If they go topless without a bra sure.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 150
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 30, 2016, 9:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The last thing we need is injuries to key players at a time when we are already short in the squad.

This is a truly pointless competition for the likes of Grimsby and even if the club did make a few thou in gate money it simply isn't worth it. I fail to see the point in risking such as Bogle being clattered by some over-enthusiastic Leicester, Walsall or Sheff. Utd reserve defender trying to impress his manager.

As the club reps have forced the team to be in it, the manager should play the squad players and the fans save their money for games that really count for something.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 150
Heisenberg
August 30, 2016, 11:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,037
Gold Stars: 93
The last thing we need is injuries to key players at a time when we are already short in the squad.

This is a truly pointless competition for the likes of Grimsby and even if the club did make a few thou in gate money it simply isn't worth it. I fail to see the point in risking such as Bogle being clattered by some over-enthusiastic Leicester, Walsall or Sheff. Utd reserve defender trying to impress his manager.

As the club reps have forced the team to be in it, the manager should play the squad players and the fans save their money for games that really count for something.

I haven't read all of this thread as it's massive now, but I'm hoping Hurst is thinking along the same lines as above - I'd definitely give run-outs to the likes of Venney and Clifton, not just to save the legs of the senior pros, but to actually give these lads a go, they're professionals now so the EFL (pah!) can't complain if they play.  To even things out the likes of Vernon and Warrington should also play, and Boyce needs a chance to redeem himself.

Ordinarily I'd imagine that McKeown would like to play as Walsall was his first club, I think, but for this pile of sh#te tournament I'd imagine he's less worried than normal.

As much as we want to boycott this game as fans, the players still need to take part and be professional, so the line-up actually IS of importance as it gives the players on the fringe a chance, and our big hitters (let's be honest here - BOGLE!) the chance to rest and concentrate on Saturday, which could be epic.

Hurst rested nearly everyone for that dead rubber against Tranmere last season, proving everyone wrong who said he'd never do it, and I hope he does the same again tonight........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 150
GrimRob
August 30, 2016, 12:15pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The players will take it seriously I am sure, regardless of what the fans think. We had this for six years with the FA Trophy, but if there is a Wembley place at the end of the tunnel they will always treat it as a serious game.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 150
psgmariner
August 30, 2016, 12:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Hope we win every game for financial reasons but absolutely no intention of going to any of the games even if we were to confound the odds and get to the final.

Private Message
Reply: 79 - 150
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Walsall - Tuesday - EFL Trophy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.