HackneyHaddock
August 29, 2016, 11:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Civvy at last

I'm not in the trust and I'm boycotting the competition. But I don't see that anybody has to justify to anybody as to why they are going. I would hazard a guess that they are going to cheer their team on in a competitive fixture !! Which is entirely their right to do so.

It is their right and their choice.  I just think it's extraordinarily naive to think that by supporting the introduction of B-Teams into lower league competitions they're doing their club a favour.  Maybe in ten years when we're playing Motherwell Reserves in League 5 they'll get the message.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 150
lobsterpot
August 29, 2016, 12:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Exactly! I have no problems whatsoever if peeps want to go and support town in this. Lets be straight about it we all wanna support town in whatever fixture theyre playing but when theres a negative at the end of the dark road of the competition then you have to see the concerns and draw the line. I want town to win at walsall and i will be listening to the commentary. Same as the Sheff and Foxes games but i will not be attending. I'm sure the town players know the reason why so many peeps are not going and they damn well know, especially with our great support, that is is nothing to do with them personally!
To all the peeps that think theres not a problem at all with this comp and have read the pros and cons and are still not convinced. Chelseas under 23 team win this comp 3 years on the trot. The powers that be decide that they are that good they could easily hold their own in league 2 and propose this which gets backed as chelsea obvs will pay anything to get a more competetive fixture than a reserve game week in week out for their boys. The men at the top then offer some of that money to league 2 teams as an incentive but 1 of them has to make way. The poorest team out there then accepts a pay off package of a massive massive sum of cash, especially compared to what theyre used to, and they drop down a league. $hite but hey theyve got some wonga to survive and sustain a promotion challenge. OK then i know it porbs wont be exactly like that but something along those lines then every year rinse and repeat until eventually YOUR club are the 1s getting the elbow and thats if YOUR club havent been relegated because of the bigger team already. Boycott this barsteward now. Low attendances, low income, no tv interest, no fat cat money, no competition!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 150
IlkleyMariner
August 29, 2016, 12:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 69
Re an earlier post, I really can't see how allowing Rangers and Celtic to join an expanded football league will improve English national football team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 150
Abdul19
August 29, 2016, 1:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
I'm even less likely to go to this than I normally would be to a JPT first round game

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 150
GrimRob
August 29, 2016, 2:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
The bookies seem to expect most of the academy sides to lose in the first round. If they are right then the tournament will largely comprise of league sides by the time it gets to the knock-out stages. Should the boycott remain even after the academy sides have been knocked out?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 150
ginnywings
August 29, 2016, 3:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob
The bookies seem to expect most of the academy sides to lose in the first round. If they are right then the tournament will largely comprise of league sides by the time it gets to the knock-out stages. Should the boycott remain even after the academy sides have been knocked out?

Yes, all or nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 150
moosey_club
August 29, 2016, 3:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from GrimRob

Definately because that will give them even more reason to say they can join any new look league set up...they struggled in the cup so wont be a threat to any league set up......treat this competition as if its got Ebola...dont go anywhere near it even when its died its last breath.
Harvey is saying that this move is to revitalise the competition that has had falling attendances in recent years.....lets see if he and all the guilty "yes" clubs stand by that plan if attendances fall through the floor.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 150
August 29, 2016, 3:20pm
Guest User
Walsall are not fielding an under 23s team so whats the problem with supporting the Mariners tuesday night. The under 23s teams of Shf utd and Liecester will be playing at BP, we need the income these matches may generate. Do you really believe the championship clubs and premier clubs are bothered about away attendencies of their sides matches , No is the answer. Whatever happens the FA will do what the Premiership clubs want, supporters watching or not.
Reply: 67 - 150
ginnywings
August 29, 2016, 3:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 4055
Walsall are not fielding an under 23s team so whats the problem with supporting the Mariners tuesday night. The under 23s teams of Shf utd and Liecester will be playing at BP, we need the income these matches may generate. Do you really believe the championship clubs and premier clubs are bothered about away attendencies of their sides matches , No is the answer. Whatever happens the FA will do what the Premiership clubs want, supporters watching or not.

That's irrelevant to me. The whole competition is just wrong, so you can't pick and choose which games are ok to watch and which aren't.

If you want to support the competition, then that's fine, but you can't pick and choose degrees of right and wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 150
Mariner Ronnie
August 29, 2016, 3:43pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Re an earlier post, I really can't see how allowing Rangers and Celtic to join an expanded football league will improve English national football team?

Surely if Celtic and rangers join the EFL, the Scottish league would fall to pieces. Inverness were talking of administration after rangers collapse

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 150
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Walsall - Tuesday - EFL Trophy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.