gtfc98
August 30, 2016, 8:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from chicaneuk
There is no atmosphere at all. We started off brightly but have gradually fizzled out - the half time score line is a fair reflection of how's it's gone unfortunately.

why are you there?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 150
mariner91
August 30, 2016, 8:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
I'm so pleased that fans across the country are voting with their feet. The grounds are all completely empty. If this doesn't send a message then I don't know what will. There are so many things wrong with football in this country but the state of the football league pyramid is not one of them.  The pride and passion of fans for unfashionable clubs up and down the country at all levels of the pyramid is incredible and is the envy of fans across the world. We're a fourth division side and we're taking more to an away game on Saturday than a lot of Segunda and Serie B teams get at home.

It's time the Premier League, the FA and the FL took their heads out of their arses. The pyramid is fine, it's the fact that all the money is siphoned at the top and very little is allowed to drip down that means we don't produce very many good players. The current set up with the EPPP will only make it worse and introducing B teams will not affect the English players development one bit. If they stopped being so selfish and let more money go to grass roots, so we had coaches teaching kids the basics well, then we might start to compete at international level. But that would mean they stop being so greedy, so I won't hold my breath.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 150
Les Brechin
August 30, 2016, 8:42pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 150
Grantham_Mariner
August 30, 2016, 8:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
1022 with 66 Town

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 150
ginnywings
August 30, 2016, 8:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Only 59 at Reading i'm told.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 150
pontoonlew
August 30, 2016, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Having set up the original petition against this, I'm absolutely delighted to see how far and wide the boycott has spread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 150
ginnywings
August 30, 2016, 8:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Checkafan Trophy.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 150
Skrill
August 30, 2016, 8:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from mariner91
I'm so pleased that fans across the country are voting with their feet. The grounds are all completely empty. If this doesn't send a message then I don't know what will. There are so many things wrong with football in this country but the state of the football league pyramid is not one of them.  The pride and passion of fans for unfashionable clubs up and down the country at all levels of the pyramid is incredible and is the envy of fans across the world. We're a fourth division side and we're taking more to an away game on Saturday than a lot of Segunda and Serie B teams get at home.

It's time the Premier League, the FA and the FL took their heads out of their arses. The pyramid is fine, it's the fact that all the money is siphoned at the top and very little is allowed to drip down that means we don't produce very many good players. The current set up with the EPPP will only make it worse and introducing B teams will not affect the English players development one bit. If they stopped being so selfish and let more money go to grass roots, so we had coaches teaching kids the basics well, then we might start to compete at international level. But that would mean they stop being so greedy, so I won't hold my breath.

That is only one element. England has a major problem with creating coaches, possibly due to people in England not seeing football as a job, rather a hobby. Look at the data, UEFA data shows that England has 1,395 coaches holding Uefa’s A and Pro qualification badges compared to Germany’s 6,934, Italy’s 2,281, France’s 3,308 and Spain’s whopping 15,423. By logical reasoning, we will always be behind.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the football pyramid. The only thing that other countries look at with envy!

Tweet 316134373063806976 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 150
mariner83
August 30, 2016, 8:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Only 59 at Reading i'm told.

Tweet 770707889287786496 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 128 - 150
bradzmilne
August 30, 2016, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
It's just been announced that the Premier League clubs have broken through the £1 billion mark in terms of transfer fees this summer alone. That has been an extra bitter pill to swallow in I'm sure a night that is going too be seen as a key night in the decline of English Football's lower leagues.

It's a circus now, it really is - it cannot be described as anything else. The powers who be don't give a excrement about lower league football. Anything beyond the Premiership is not important. Anything that can be used as another escape goat about the national teams constant failure will be utilised , hence why they are now messing around with lower leagues as they once did with our top flight. The reality is, it's going to continue too happen until the game we love is gone.

Fans have voted with our feet tonight but does anyone really give a toss ? Checkatrade will be laughing at the publicity it's gained, the winning clubs will be happy with the £10k they've made, the big clubs will be happy that 28 year old Spanish lad who's been moaning for weeks has got a game and the FA/Football League will turn a blind eye too it.

Yeah let's invite u23 clubs into our leagues... I forgot what fantastic shape lower league Spanish football is in. Yeah let's invite the Old Firm into the English game... We might as well kill Scottish football whilst where at it. Let's just ruin the one thing that many people look forward too week after week, month after month and year after year forever.

Against Modern Football

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 150
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Walsall - Tuesday - EFL Trophy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.