1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
August 13, 2016, 10:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I don't know if anyone else is a fan, but I personally love watching athletics, having competed when younger. And what a first day it was. The women's 10000m was one of the best and most impressive races of all time, if anyone wants to see a long distance race ran from the off in top gear then watch a rerun of that race, it was incredible. Then the high jump in the heptathlon following it up was mightily impressive from Johnson-Thompson and Thiam. Hopefully the rest of the athletics follows on in a similar fashion, because if it does, it's going to be a thrilling watch. PS, if you want to watch a real medal prospect for Britain, watch Laura Muir in the 1500m. She ran an incredible race at the anniversary games and has a real chance at not only the medals, but potentially winning it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
August 13, 2016, 3:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Yes I like to watch being an ex school boy high jump champion,

No nice soft landing for us just hard sand,

Poor show from Rooney to fail at his 400 mtrs though,

I watch the replays in the day rather than staying up late because I need a lot of sleep at my age.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Athletics at the olympics

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.