July 14, 2016, 4:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rick12
Listening to May speak I like her a lot.Comes across as forthright

With reference to Sharia law I can understand  peoples concerns but when you look at Islam as a whole its  generally a good thing.Submission to God and following the good way.

People concerns about sharia law are based on what sharia law is like when it is the sole law. Homosexuals are killed in all Muslim countries, wives stoned to death for adultery on the say so of the husband, a law referenced as God's will with no means of recourse. British justice can and does fail and it may be some time before some things are put right but under Sharia law it is down to interpretation of the individual. British justice has to face many layers before sentances / fines are given.

Ghandi said an eye for an eye and the world goes blind or something to that effect. How can you reform someone who stole something if they have their hand removed.

There should only be one law operating in this Kingdom, British law.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Rick12
July 18, 2016, 7:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93

People concerns about sharia law are based on what sharia law is like when it is the sole law. Homosexuals are killed in all Muslim countries, wives stoned to death for adultery on the say so of the husband, a law referenced as God's will with no means of recourse. British justice can and does fail and it may be some time before some things are put right but under Sharia law it is down to interpretation of the individual. British justice has to face many layers before sentances / fines are given.

Ghandi said an eye for an eye and the world goes blind or something to that effect. How can you reform someone who stole something if they have their hand removed.

There should only be one law operating in this Kingdom, British law.
Agree on a lot of the above but there are aspects  that are good about the Islamic way of life and things we can learn from.David Cameron I remember said the same eg lived with Muslims for a while and said he admired the way the genuine Muslims live

Their lives and ours are quite marked I agree but their society does bring advantages as well.Remember reading about a experienced doorman "Robin Barrat"who had lived over there and cites the marked differences he felt between ours and their society.Over there in Dubai I think it was there was far less crime than over here and more respect .One of the reasons he cited was there was none of this liberal politically correct minded stuff that goes on over here.People were more afraid to break the law over there because of tough punishment metered out.Eg you mug someone for a phone and the crowd come and give you a kick in.Police then come and give  you a kick in .Likewise he says crime in this country and lack of respect amongst some for our fellow man  etc came from precisely that no fear of punishment which he feels lets our society down massively and something I agree with

Ps I was brought up a christian and still believe in God  though I respect and like the way of the genuine Muslim.Of course there are extremists but you get in that in any walk of life but its a shame that the actions of a few tar the rest

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Marinerz93
July 18, 2016, 2:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Agree on a lot of the above but there are aspects  that are good about the Islamic way of life and things we can learn from.David Cameron I remember said the same eg lived with Muslims for a while and said he admired the way the genuine Muslims live

Their lives and ours are quite marked I agree but their society does bring advantages as well.Remember reading about a experienced doorman "Robin Barrat"who had lived over there and cites the marked differences he felt between ours and their society.Over there in Dubai I think it was there was far less crime than over here and more respect .One of the reasons he cited was there was none of this liberal politically correct minded stuff that goes on over here.People were more afraid to break the law over there because of tough punishment metered out.Eg you mug someone for a phone and the crowd come and give you a kick in.Police then come and give  you a kick in .Likewise he says crime in this country and lack of respect amongst some for our fellow man  etc came from precisely that no fear of punishment which he feels lets our society down massively and something I agree with

Ps I was brought up a christian and still believe in God  though I respect and like the way of the genuine Muslim.Of course there are extremists but you get in that in any walk of life but its a shame that the actions of a few tar the rest

Societies change over time, families in the UK now live further apart, and in some cases live alone, people used to be fearful of getting a clip round the ear from the local bobby now they tell them to fcuk off as they know their rights. The prison service in the UK has lost control due to lack of government funding. The local populace in Saudi fear the law because they can lose limbs or suffer by being in their prisons, all fear.

When I was in Saudi the religious Police patrolled and I saw them whipping people first hand for the slightest misdemeanor, absolutely trivial stuff, wearing shorts or even a woman sat in the drivers seat even though she didn't drive the car, the engine was running as her husband told her to sit whilst he went to the shop. I could have attended a stoning if I wished, a work colleague went and from what he said I am glad I didn't go. They buried a woman up to her waist, then threw stones at her, then as she was suffering horrific injuries a fork lift truck turned up with a huge boulder on it and drop it on her, this was for adultery, this is Sharia law in a Muslim country.

I would say the biggest lack of respect for our fellow man is hanging him because he loves a man rather than a woman. People should be free enough to do what they want in the privacy of their homes and life as long as it causes no harm to others. Can you tell me what happens in a Sharia court when they are over seeing a divorce?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Rick12
July 18, 2016, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Societies change over time, families in the UK now live further apart, and in some cases live alone, people used to be fearful of getting a clip round the ear from the local bobby now they tell them to fcuk off as they know their rights. The prison service in the UK has lost control due to lack of government funding. The local populace in Saudi fear the law because they can lose limbs or suffer by being in their prisons, all fear.

When I was in Saudi the religious Police patrolled and I saw them whipping people first hand for the slightest misdemeanor, absolutely trivial stuff, wearing shorts or even a woman sat in the drivers seat even though she didn't drive the car, the engine was running as her husband told her to sit whilst he went to the shop. I could have attended a stoning if I wished, a work colleague went and from what he said I am glad I didn't go. They buried a woman up to her waist, then threw stones at her, then as she was suffering horrific injuries a fork lift truck turned up with a huge boulder on it and drop it on her, this was for adultery, this is Sharia law in a Muslim country.

Still feel though the Islamic way of life is at its heart something good though.Its just mans interpretation of it eg God (can mean a number of things but at its heart for me belies a positive force) that has been taken to the extreme and warped  by some eg killings like you have pointed out above .Having said that some of what you have posted did shock and surprise me and I hope this changes in the near future

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Marinerz93
July 18, 2016, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Still feel though the Islamic way of life is at its heart something good though.Its just mans interpretation of it eg God (can mean a number of things but at its heart for me belies a positive force) that has been taken to the extreme and warped  by some eg killings like you have pointed out above .Having said that some of what you have posted did shock and surprise me and I hope this changes in the near future

It has been like that for hundreds of years if anything it is getting worse, Iran and Afghanistan before the clerics took over were civilized to a degree that women weren't covered up like black pillar boxes and went to university.

At the core of all religions is control, they controlled what was right and wrong and people did for fear of the wrath of take your pick whatever God.

The major evil in the world is the ideology that drives ordinary people to commit heinous acts it just isn't Islam, although the way these fanatics a racking up the body count this year alone the underlining tone is that Islam is a death cult and always has been.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
Rick12
July 19, 2016, 6:39am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

It has been like that for hundreds of years if anything it is getting worse, Iran and Afghanistan before the clerics took over were civilized to a degree that women weren't covered up like black pillar boxes and went to university.

At the core of all religions is control, they controlled what was right and wrong and people did for fear of the wrath of take your pick whatever God.

The major evil in the world is the ideology that drives ordinary people to commit heinous acts it just isn't Islam, although the way these fanatics a racking up the body count this year alone the underlining tone is that Islam is a death cult and always has been.
Things are changing though eg reading a article in National Geographic recently that there are inroads being made particularly with regards to women's rights eg voting.Likewise more and women are going to university and competing with men for the well paid jobs.

Iam not denying there are aspects to Islamic society which arent right but likewise there arent with the West either.To me the best people I have met in life have been Muslim particulary women .Very respectful with admirable morals

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
ginnywings
July 19, 2016, 9:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
Many atrocities have been and still are carried out in the name of religion. It may be Muslims now but all religions have blood on their hands and have done unspeakable acts to "non believers".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
Rick12
July 19, 2016, 12:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Many atrocities have been and still are carried out in the name of religion. It may be Muslims now but all religions have blood on their hands and have done unspeakable acts to "non believers".
I agree but it has also done a lot of good in society as well

Other thing of note despite what some say religion is actually not dying out but on the increase as well in some country's eg see tweet below

[tweet]754569092347101184[/tweet]

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Grim74
July 19, 2016, 5:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Let's be clear the cult of islam is not compatible with modern tolerant 21st century Britain, the Muslim appeasers want us to believe that the immigrant Muslim population is just like us indigenous Brits.

But they choose to ignore the suppression of Muslim women, the huge levels of intolerance, the Female Genital Mutilation, the forced marriages, the very low levels of economic contribution, the child brides, Sharia law, the honour crimes, the epidemic of Muslim gang rape of white children, the hate of homosexuality, the terrorist atrocities and the steady stream of young Muslim men appearing in court for plotting to kill us.

It's funny how the social justice warrior libtards and the feminazi's scream and scream for equality for all whilst ignoring the elephant in the room

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Davec
July 20, 2016, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
So what does everybody think to Theresa May's first week or so, impressed with the early signs or are you not impressed so far ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › May or Leadsom Prime Minister

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.