Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Teesknees and 19 Guests

What's your taste in music then?

This thread currently has 83,689 views. Print
98 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
July 16, 2016, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
I'm liking Gunship at the mo.

and Cybertronic Spree's Raccoons theme to complete the '80s memory road

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 977
BarkerDan10
July 21, 2016, 12:11am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +202
I'm also very much interested in a varied spectrum of music, here are some of my favourite artists from different genres

Metal: Metallica
Classic Rock: Queen
Britpop: Oasis
Indie: Arctic Monkeys
Punk: The Clash
Grunge: Nirvana
60s and onwards: Rolling Stones
Manchester scene/'Madchester': The Stone Roses

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saili.....589795010&sr=8-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 977
KingstonMariner
July 23, 2016, 12:26am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad
I first got into music in 1971 so have a huge soft spot for stuff from around that time but not stuff that can be pigeon holed into a particular genre. I have over 4000 vinyl 45s ranging from Son of my Father by Chicory Tip (my first record) to Motown ckassics such as I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross. For me music is about the memories associated with the times that the song comes from. I was a fashionista getting involved with all the "in" music scenes from Glam Rock through Northern Soul through prog.rock to Les's punk and New Romantics. Didn't like the late 80s much-too much music factory crap. Currently I'm listening to a lot of 90s stuff which passed me by at the time because I was helping to raise two kids. My favourite all time song is Motorcycle Emptiness by The Manics. The Stone Roses first album must be the greatest debut album ever. Tonight I've been listening to Johnny Cash live at San Quentin..remarkable music.

Didn't they steal the music from that classic "Oh Lewie Lewie. Lewis Lewie Lewie Lewie Chatterley"?  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 977
KingstonMariner
July 23, 2016, 1:24am
Meths Drinker
Was always into bands from the late 70s (Squeeze, Clash), R&B (proper stuff not this modern urban drivel that called itself 'R&B'). Supplemented by Billy Bragg and those wonderful boys from Auchtermuctie in the late 80s. And the Pogues! Always had a soft spot for the more soulful end of music (especially from the 60s) and stuff you could dance to.

Latterly, folk started kicking in more and more (must be the influence of all those tie-dyed primary school teachers in the 60s and 70s) - the beautifully voiced Kate Rusby can marry me if she becomes available again.

The Unthanks worth a listen too if this sort of stuff floats your boat.

Late nights and red wine led me to all sorts of weird and wonderful folk/trad music (never thought I'd enjoy Bluegrass!). These fellahs rock:

I've also been ploughing a Finnish furrow (oo-err missus) thanks to the lovely Mrs KM. Mostly traditional style (polkas, humppas, jenkas) and have discovered some amazing female voices: Anita Lehtola-Tolin, Merja Soria, Maija Karhinen-Ilo, Värttinä, the late Carola Sandertskjöld, plus the odd Swede like Ulrika Bodén.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 977
ginnywings
July 23, 2016, 10:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I saw Kate Rusby sing in a little room in a pub in Whitby. Her voice is astonishing and all the more so when you hear her talk with a thick Barnsley accent. Saw her many years later at the Warwick Folk Festival, when she had become famous on the folk scene and she hadn't changed one iota.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 977
cmackenzie4
July 23, 2016, 11:30am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings
I saw Kate Rusby sing in a little room in a pub in Whitby. Her voice is astonishing and all the more so when you hear her talk with a thick Barnsley accent. Saw her many years later at the Warwick Folk Festival, when she had become famous on the folk scene and she hadn't changed one iota.

I saw her on Look north a couple of years ago and thought her voice was fantastic too. I'm a big fan of Folk music.. my favourite being Dougie Maclean (Caledonia is a masterpiece!) worth having a listen on YouTube to see what you think.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 977
KingstonMariner
July 23, 2016, 11:09pm
Meths Drinker
I remember her being on Later one New Years Eve. There'd been some great acts on. Real good stuff. Then she came on and just pushed the quality up a few more notches.It was like a pro coming on after a bunch of amateurs.

Knowing she's got a proper accent just makes it even better.

Just listened to Caledonia Chris. Spot on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 977
cmackenzie4
July 24, 2016, 12:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I remember her being on Later one New Years Eve. There'd been some great acts on. Real good stuff. Then she came on and just pushed the quality up a few more notches.It was like a pro coming on after a bunch of amateurs.

Knowing she's got a proper accent just makes it even better.

Just listened to Caledonia Chris. Spot on.

Glad you liked it KM, "She will find me" and "stepping stones" (Dougie Maclean) are worth a listen to also mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 977
grimsby pete
July 26, 2016, 6:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I saw her on Look north a couple of years ago and thought her voice was fantastic too. I'm a big fan of Folk music.. my favourite being Dougie Maclean (Caledonia is a masterpiece!) worth having a listen on YouTube to see what you think.

There used to be a folk night at my local in the 60's,

I really enjoyed it,

Sadly the Lifeboat is now a block of Flats.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 977
Marinerz93
July 26, 2016, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I really like listening to acoustic sets, no autotune and sometimes the emotions the artists are trying to get through come over better.

- Father in law got my lad to sing this when he was about 5  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 977
98 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.