Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

What's your taste in music then?

This thread currently has 81,958 views. Print
98 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
July 8, 2016, 6:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cmackenzie4
The Boxer is a fantastic track Dave, I couldn't get to grips with the cover version of the sound of silence (although Paul himself thought it was good) I prefer the original and I doubt it could ever be matched - old friends and Homeward bound are Great tracks I'll put them below mate.

Brilliant words throughout.

Paul Simon at his very best here.

Howard bound is a great song, not so keen on old friends

My daughter plays Scarborough Fair on the piano and I find it a haunting melody but one that you could listen to on a loop  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 975
grimsby pete
July 8, 2016, 7:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Frankie Laine  saw him at Bunnies Place,

ABBA

Beatles,

Rolling Stones,

Maddness

UB40

Ask me who are in the hit parade now or the last few years,

My answer would be, no idea.

It must be an age thing.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 975
barralad
July 8, 2016, 10:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +85 / -20
Approval: +9,192
Gold Stars: 121
I first got into music in 1971 so have a huge soft spot for stuff from around that time but not stuff that can be pigeon holed into a particular genre. I have over 4000 vinyl 45s ranging from Son of my Father by Chicory Tip (my first record) to Motown ckassics such as I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross. For me music is about the memories associated with the times that the song comes from. I was a fashionista getting involved with all the "in" music scenes from Glam Rock through Northern Soul through prog.rock to Les's punk and New Romantics. Didn't like the late 80s much-too much music factory crap. Currently I'm listening to a lot of 90s stuff which passed me by at the time because I was helping to raise two kids. My favourite all time song is Motorcycle Emptiness by The Manics. The Stone Roses first album must be the greatest debut album ever. Tonight I've been listening to Johnny Cash live at San Quentin..remarkable music.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 975
Marinerz93
July 8, 2016, 11:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad
I first got into music in 1971 so have a huge soft spot for stuff from around that time but not stuff that can be pigeon holed into a particular genre. I have over 4000 vinyl 45s ranging from Son of my Father by Chicory Tip (my first record) to Motown ckassics such as I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross. For me music is about the memories associated with the times that the song comes from. I was a fashionista getting involved with all the "in" music scenes from Glam Rock through Northern Soul through prog.rock to Les's punk and New Romantics. Didn't like the late 80s much-too much music factory crap. Currently I'm listening to a lot of 90s stuff which passed me by at the time because I was helping to raise two kids. My favourite all time song is Motorcycle Emptiness by The Manics. The Stone Roses first album must be the greatest debut album ever. Tonight I've been listening to Johnny Cash live at San Quentin..remarkable music.

What a tune.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 975
northbankmariner
July 9, 2016, 12:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
I guess I like a mixture off all music tastes really, always singing along to something in the car. While like a lot of modern dance music it just depends what kind of mood I am in. To show you how random I am talking about I looked in the glovebox of my car after reading this thread, the cd's I had in there were from the following.
The jam
The sweet
Meatloaf
Coldplay
Wiley ( modern urban artist)
And my all time favourite...........................
Neil diamonds greatest hits.
But the only radio stations I tune into are capital fm and talk sport.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 975
chaos33
July 12, 2016, 11:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,751
Gold Stars: 348
Quoted from barralad

I'm with you on that Barra  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 975
Chrisblor
July 13, 2016, 2:15pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,632
Gold Stars: 225
That question is like 'How long is a piece of string?' for me. Basically completely all over the shop. Fortunately I've used last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/Gaemblor/) to track every thing i've listened to for the last 12 years to comprehensively record my favourite artists of all-time (and the last 12 months):

#All-Time (Artist / Playcount)Last Year (Artist / Playcount)
1Broken Social Scene3,794|Tim Hecker816
2Tim Hecker3,698|Deerhunter386
3Deerhunter3,596|Stars of the Lid368
4Arcade Fire2,661|DIIV350
5Titus Andronicus2,402|Car Seat Headrest265
6TV on the Radio2,025|Sioux Falls250
7Mogwai1,965|Grimes240
8Los Campesinos!1,951|Titus Andronicus218
9Johnny Foreigner1,845|A Winged Victory for the Sullen210
10Menomena1,831|Wavves & Cloud Nothings187

Those aside, I've been on a massive Bruce Springsteen binge recently, shed a tear at how good LCD Soundsystem were when I saw them live last month, properly got into New Order and i'm really looking forward to the new Russian Circles record. So yeah it's pretty diverse.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 975
grimsby pete
July 13, 2016, 5:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Chrisblor
That question is like 'How long is a piece of string?' for me. Basically completely all over the shop. Fortunately I've used last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/Gaemblor/) to track every thing i've listened to for the last 12 years to comprehensively record my favourite artists of all-time (and the last 12 months):

#All-Time (Artist / Playcount)Last Year (Artist / Playcount)
1Broken Social Scene3,794|Tim Hecker816
2Tim Hecker3,698|Deerhunter386
3Deerhunter3,596|Stars of the Lid368
4Arcade Fire2,661|DIIV350
5Titus Andronicus2,402|Car Seat Headrest265
6TV on the Radio2,025|Sioux Falls250
7Mogwai1,965|Grimes240
8Los Campesinos!1,951|Titus Andronicus218
9Johnny Foreigner1,845|A Winged Victory for the Sullen210
10Menomena1,831|Wavves & Cloud Nothings187

Those aside, I've been on a massive Bruce Springsteen binge recently, shed a tear at how good LCD Soundsystem were when I saw them live last month, properly got into New Order and i'm really looking forward to the new Russian Circles record. So yeah it's pretty diverse.

I thought you would have been a big Chris De Blor fan.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 975
ginnywings
July 13, 2016, 9:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Take a man with a guitar, a mike, a set of drums, and an incredible talent and you have this

Does it for me anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 975
Kris2
July 14, 2016, 2:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 135
A lot of experimental electronic music,EBM,Industrial,bit of New Wave,Post Punk.Ambient etc. Skinny Puppy,Throbbing Gristle,Tangerine Dream,Nitzer Ebb,Front 242, Fad Gadget,Trisomie 21,Christian Death, Sisters of Mercy,Clan of Xymix, Solar Fields,Carbon Based Lifeforms stuff like that.

I can honestly listen to most things and enjoy it though. Used to be big on metal still enjoy listening to some Iron Maiden and AC/DC
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 975
98 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.