This thread currently has 11,888 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Grimbiggs
June 26, 2016, 12:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
All political parties are under fire at the minute, but do you think its the right time for this vote of no confidence, the party membership wanted him, do the parliamentary party have the right to get rid of him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
June 26, 2016, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Corbyn should go, he has been almost anonymous and too wishy washy to be labour leader.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
GrimRob
June 26, 2016, 2:06pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
If he believes in his own party then he has to leave as he is a liability. He's had his moment of glory and will be able to dine out on it for years  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 68
Marinerz93
June 26, 2016, 2:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
If he believes in his own party then he has to leave as he is a liability. He's had his moment of glory and will be able to dine out on it for years  

What glory, he's been as weak as kitten urine.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
Grim74
June 26, 2016, 2:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
He's let his party down and the labour voters down, if he had just been honest about his views on the EU Union then he could of been claiming victory now with mass support behind him......Total idiot.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 68
Grimbiggs
June 26, 2016, 2:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Did he ever believe the view his other party cabinet shadow ministers wanted to portray...whatever you think of him, he was a poor, weak ambassador for the Remain campaign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
Maringer
June 26, 2016, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Note that, according to Ashcroft's polling, 63% of Labour supporters voted remain. In comparison, just 64% of SNP supporters voted remain and 70% of the Europhile LibDems voted remain. With this in mind, why aren't there any demands for Sturgeon to step down? The Tory voters were 58% leave.

The idea that Corbyn failed to keep us in Europe when it was the Tories and Kippers who voted us out is so utterly bizarre and banal that only a selection of inept and clueless PLP members could attempt to make such a case. Actually, they don't seriously believe this is true - they are just looking for any excuse to get rid of Corbyn.

Unfortunately, the New Labour years have promoted many utterly worthless candidates into safe seats, as their efforts to remove Corbyn over the past 9 months instead of attacking the Tories as they fall to pieces show. Only a halfwit could think that tearing your own party apart whilst your opponents do the same to their own is a good idea.

As far as I can tell, this coup attempt will lead to three possible outcomes, one bad, the other two disastrous. The best that can be hoped for is for the coup to fail in entirety with enough Labour MPs standing firm to mean that there is no unsurmountable split within the party. The only casualties of this would be those trying by hook or by crook to ignore the will of the party membership, regardless of the outcome. This would still weaken the party but I'd imagine it might mean that we could end up with a coalition of the left(ish) in charge after a snap election - Labour (of all stripes), the SNP, Plaid Cymru, Greens and probably, a resurgent LibDems. That's about the best we could hope for from my point of view - a weak left(ish) government, but perhaps one which might be able to try to push through the electoral reform we need to make ourselves into a proper, grown-up democracy (like almost everywhere else in the civilised world). FPTP needs to go, the sooner the better.

The second outcome would be with the coup failing and Corbyn being re-elected by the party members once again. This would lead to a split of the Labour party with the right-wingers who fomented the coup probably departing to set themselves up as Labour Lite - possibly forming a new centre-right party along with what is left of the LibDems? I would hope that such a case would ultimately lead to the end of the careers of these MPs who are putting themselves ahead of the party. At the end of it, we'll probably end up with a right-wing coalition of Tories from the farthest right of their party and assorted UKIP nutters (many of whom would previously have been former right-wing Tories). If this occurs, we're pretty much copulated as a country. Anything which isn't bolted down will be sold off and you can wave bye bye to the NHS within a decade.

The third outcome (which it seems is being plotted) is that Corbyn will be excluded from any new leadership election. This would lead to an unhealable rift between the left and the right of the Labour Party and between the members and the PLP. Whatever remains of the Labour Party after this will be a shell and the likes of Benn and Co will have sacrificed the party for the benefit of their careers. Outcome, probably a larger majority for a nutty right-wing government, which will leave us all utterly copulated.

Unfortunately, if the plotters have worked the numbers well enough for their scheme to keep Corbyn out of any new leadership campaign, the third option seems the most likely.

It's funny, really. I don't think Corbyn is a brilliant politician and he certainly doesn't have the charisma which is expected from high-profile figures in the modern era. However, the fact that he coasted to the leadership shows the paucity of his opponents - he was the only one anybody actually believed had the courage of his convictions. That said, witnessing the media onslaught against him from the moment he became a front-runner has left me staggered. I think the nominally left-wing Guardian has probably printed more shallow hit pieces against him than most of the right-wing press! A clear indication, if one was ever needed, of the Establishment running our country ever down hill. The fact that most people agree with most of his centre-left policies if they ever get to hear them is very revealing of why the effort has been made to discredit him from the off:

http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....e-with-10407148.html

Anyway, as I think it is likely we're well on our way to hell in a handcart, this could leave me in a bit of a quandary for future elections, truth be told. I wouldn't vote for the LibDems after they enabled the Tories to intercourse up our country back in 2010 in return for the faintest sniff of power. I wouldn't vote for a New Labour Lite shell of a party full of quislings and I, unfortunately, can't vote for the Greens as their energy policy isn't realistic due to a slight incompatibility with the laws of physics.

Funny how it is getting me worked up, considering I've never been a member of the Labour Party. Or any other political organisation, for that matter!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
Hagrid
June 26, 2016, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Hope he goes, his lack of any motivation for the remain campaign sums him up. Been a liability as leader of Labour
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
GrimRob
June 26, 2016, 5:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Marinerz93

What glory, he's been as weak as kitten urine.

His moment of glory was getting into office in the first place, another extraordinary event in a year of the wildly improbable. Since then I agree he's been hopeless  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 68
codcheeky
June 26, 2016, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Crazy from the career new labour politicians, people have voted out because they don't want more of the same.  Any vote by the labour party with Corbyn in it he will win with a even bigger majority, iif they don't like democracy from who they represent they should get out of politics. Blairism is dead and lost Labour Scotland at the last election and will just lose more traditional support elsewhere if Hillary Benn et all drag power back undemocratically
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
horsforthmariner
June 26, 2016, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
In reality if there was a challenge it would go to the membership where you would expect him to win (although probably not by as big a margin as last time).

So unless he comes to the opinion that he shouldn't be the Labour leader I can't see how he can be forced out.

The problem for anti-corbyn Labour party is that if it goes to the leadership contest and Corbyn wins again that's it - they'll either have to form a new party or accept it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 68
Maringer
June 26, 2016, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I think the plan is to force a vote of no confidence and then keep him off the ballot by hook or by crook. How the plotters think this will be anything but disastrous for their party, I can't imagine. Not as if there are any strong alternatives, is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 68
barralad
June 26, 2016, 7:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Grimbiggs
All political parties are under fire at the minute, but do you think its the right time for this vote of no confidence, the party membership wanted him, do the parliamentary party have the right to get rid of him?

I didn't vote for him but he was elected by a bigger majority than just about any other political leader.
Democracy doesn't just end with Remain accepting the result of the referendum.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 68
codcheeky
June 26, 2016, 7:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
There is no coincidence that the Blairites are making their move before the Chilcott report into the Iraq war comes out next month, any credibility they hadwiull be shot to pieces after that.  I hope Corbyn stands tall even though I supported Andy Burnham last time. This is totally undemocratic and embarrassing for the PLP. What they should be doing is sitting back and watching the Tories rip each other apart and trying to make the best policy as regards the outcome.  Instead they are quite happy to steal the headlines and try t pin the blame on Corbyn.
Cameron has ripped the country apart and just wants to leave the mess and the media and PLP  are happy to make Corbyn the story because he wouldn't join in with project fear madness that was never working
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 68
ginnywings
June 26, 2016, 11:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I don't care anymore. I am a fan of Corbyn but as I feared, he's been slaughtered from all sides. Me and politics are having trial separation for a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 68
Grim74
June 27, 2016, 9:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Diane Abbott new health secretary  

Give Corbyn his due he keeps me entertained.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 68
grimsby pete
June 27, 2016, 12:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
A new leader who can unite not only the party but the country as a whole is the only chance of Labour getting back into power soon.

With the conservatives looking for a new leader this could be the ideal time for a change,

The floating voters will not vote for Corbyn to be a prime minister,

BUT

The right  person selected by Labour might have a chance.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 68
Maringer
June 27, 2016, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The New Labour years have hollowed out the party whilst losing the reason for their existence - too many has-beens, no-marks and never-weres. The fact that Umunna is touted as a potential leader when he doesn't appear to have strong views on, well, anything, shows how little depth there is.

Too many tainted by Blair and his foreign expeditions and there may be some truth in the theory that they are desperate to get rid of Corbyn as he apparently stands willing to call for Blair to be tried for war crimes following the eventual release of Chilcott!

Cameron came out of nowhere to become Tory leader all those years ago but had the benefit of not actually having any background in politics to look at and didn't need to say anything about policies for years. The press left him alone and he then benefited after the financial crash. By lying about the causes of the crash, of course, but then he was a PR man so that is no surprise. In comparison, Corbyn has been under attack from all sides from the off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 68
Marinerz93
June 27, 2016, 4:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Corbyn has been under attack from all sides from the off.

Do you think that could be down to his views on uniting Ireland, giving the Falklands to the Argies, reducing the Armed forces to a militia and getting rid of trident?

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 68
grimsby pete
June 27, 2016, 4:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Marinerz93

Do you think that could be down to his views on uniting Ireland, giving the Falklands to the Argies, reducing the Armed forces to a militia and getting rid of trident?

Don't forget him calling certain terrorist friends ,

BUT

Apart from that some people think he is great.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 68
bluerose13x
June 27, 2016, 4:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
When Corbyn was elected as the leader of the Labour party, I admired the bloke. Although I disagreed strongly with his viewpoints on the vast majority of things, he seemed to me a man who had his point of view and told us what it was no matter what other people thought. Unlike the vast majority of senior politicans in this country who I belive tell us what they think we want to hear and not what they actually think/belive or have ulterior motives. Boris in my view is a prime example in what I think was jumping on the bandwagon of Leave so if he had any success he could maneuver into Cameron's job

Quite where Corbyn has gone wrong or why he's been weak is a bit surprising, expected a bit more from him

Quoted from ginnywings
I don't care anymore. I am a fan of Corbyn but as I feared, he's been slaughtered from all sides. Me and politics are having trial separation for a while.

Ginny, sorry if I was overly heating about the referendum result in the in/out thread. I'll give it a rest and agree to disagree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 68
codcheeky
June 27, 2016, 5:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
The New Labour years have hollowed out the party whilst losing the reason for their existence - too many has-beens, no-marks and never-weres. The fact that Umunna is touted as a potential leader when he doesn't appear to have strong views on, well, anything, shows how little depth there is.

Too many tainted by Blair and his foreign expeditions and there may be some truth in the theory that they are desperate to get rid of Corbyn as he apparently stands willing to call for Blair to be tried for war crimes following the eventual release of Chilcott!

Cameron came out of nowhere to become Tory leader all those years ago but had the benefit of not actually having any background in politics to look at and didn't need to say anything about policies for years. The press left him alone and he then benefited after the financial crash. By lying about the causes of the crash, of course, but then he was a PR man so that is no surprise. In comparison, Corbyn has been under attack from all sides from the off.

Cameron has made a art form of not having any policies or views on anything.  He won't answer questions and just changes the subject to some sound bite.  We never even knew where he stood on Europe until this year and look where that's got him. The establishment don't want Corbyn and the BBC seem to have a personal vendetta against him.  No one wants to have any discussion in the media that has a view there is any sort of alternative to austerity.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 68
ginnywings
June 27, 2016, 5:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
No probs Bluerose. Politics is an emotive business and I'm too long in the tooth to get het up about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 68
forza ivano
June 27, 2016, 10:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Even if Corbin survives there is going to be a continuing problem that labour seem incapable of dealing with. It seems pretty obvious now that the establishment and labour hugely underestimated the concern /anger /opposition of many labour voters to immigrants or immigration. Corbin will not even mention immigration and is obviously vehemently opposed to any sort of restrictions, how you square that with the diametrically opposed views of many of your natural voters seems impossible. Can quite easily see a snap election so the tories can secure a much larger majority whilst a triumphant ukip start taking northern labour seats. One pollster has guesstimated that in the worst case you'd be left with a rump of just 75 labour MPs..
Interesting times. Btw are there enough labour MPs to fill the 30 odd unfilled shadow team posts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 68
Grim74
June 28, 2016, 9:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Even if Corbin survives there is going to be a continuing problem that labour seem incapable of dealing with. It seems pretty obvious now that the establishment and labour hugely underestimated the concern /anger /opposition of many labour voters to immigrants or immigration. Corbin will not even mention immigration and is obviously vehemently opposed to any sort of restrictions, how you square that with the diametrically opposed views of many of your natural voters seems impossible. Can quite easily see a snap election so the tories can secure a much larger majority whilst a triumphant ukip start taking northern labour seats. One pollster has guesstimated that in the worst case you'd be left with a rump of just 75 labour MPs..
Interesting times. Btw are there enough labour MPs to fill the 30 odd unfilled shadow team posts?

Absolutely agree with this, Corbyn blatant ignorance on people's immigration fears will spell the end for Labour if he stays on! In his little socialist handbook immigration is a wonderful thing, which must be promoted at every opportunity. It doesn’t matter to him that millions of Labour voters have seen their wage rates undercut by EU workers, and pressure placed on their schools, hospitals and GP surgeries by uncontrollable EU migration, he has betrayed the people he was supposed to represent.

labour voters should be very worried in my opinion and they should send a clear message that he's not wanted, because if he stays on labour heartlands Will fall to UKIP   just like up in Scotland with the Scottish Nationalists.

If only Corbyn had had the balls to identify with Labour supporters, he would stand today as a brave man who had stuck by his principles. He would maybe of shown he had the moral stature to be prime minister.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 68
forza ivano
June 28, 2016, 9:27am

Exile
If only Corbyn had had the balls to identify with Labour supporters, he would stand today as a brave man who had stuck by his principles. He would maybe of shown he had the moral stature to be prime minister.

but that's the problem/good thing about him.he DOES stick by his principles, unfortunately those principles are diametrically opposed by a large amount of natural labour supporters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 68
Grim74
June 28, 2016, 10:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

but that's the problem/good thing about him.he DOES stick by his principles, unfortunately those principles are diametrically opposed by a large amount of natural labour supporters

If he had been true to his life-long principles, Corbyrn would have put himself at the head of this huge army of unhappy voters. Probably the over-riding belief of his entire political career has been a deep antipathy towards the EU. He's betrayed not only those voters but also his principles thus he simply cannot be trusted.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 68
forza ivano
June 28, 2016, 10:26am

Exile
Quoted from Grim74

If he had been true to his life-long principles, Corbyrn would have put himself at the head of this huge army of unhappy voters. Probably the over-riding belief of his entire political career has been a deep antipathy towards the EU. He's betrayed not only those voters but also his principles thus he simply cannot be trusted.

He couldn't do that because he then wouldn't be able to square the circle with his views on restricting immigration. in reality he was probably the most honest of all politicians when he said he was 7 out of 10 pro  eu. sums up where he found himself, i.e. with the eu protecting workers rights, the environmental safeguards and the fact that brexit will mean job losses for the working classes, on balance it was better to be in than out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 68
James77
June 29, 2016, 7:34am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
He has to resign. All this 'he's a decent bloke' stuff is believable but he seems intent on clinging on, relegating the Labour Party to the status of a far-left pressure group and leaving the country without a credible left-wing alternative. If a snap general election is called, UKIP and the Tories would take centre stage - Labour would be a sideshow.

Judging by the comments on the Grimsby Telegraph's articles about Melanie Onn's position, it looks like an orchestrated campaign is starting against her (and other MPs) who voted that they had no confidence in Corbyn by the Trots, Stalinists and SWP clan who make up his core support.

While I disagree with Melanie Onn's position on a few things (she's listened to way too much simplistic NGO propaganda on fishing, for example), as an MP I think she does a good job for the town and is a vast improvement on her predecessor. I wish her well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 68
jonnyboy82
June 29, 2016, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Corbyn out woods in.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 68
Maringer
June 29, 2016, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from James77

Judging by the comments on the Grimsby Telegraph's articles about Melanie Onn's position, it looks like an orchestrated campaign is starting against her (and other MPs) who voted that they had no confidence in Corbyn by the Trots, Stalinists and SWP clan who make up his core support.

That's an absolutely bizarre view to take from the comments after a telewag article! I've just skimmed through them and there is absolutely nothing in there which indicates anything about any sort of campaign against Onn. Obviously, she's going to back the coup long plotted by the right-wing of the party without whose patronage she wouldn't have got the seat, but that's just to be expected. As is the disappointment from those who supported Corbyn and policies which are actually a bit left-wing, instead of Tory-lite.

Corbyn can't plausibly continue as a leader with a backing of the PLP but then this really has never been a possiblity as the plotting shows. What is extremely distasteful is the way in which this scheming has gone on - interesting article here about those behind this plotting:

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufactured-exclusive/

All sounds a bit conspiracy-theoryish, but there is no doubting that the Blairites are trying to organise the whole thing and are quite happy to manufacture news to do so.

If they can't keep Corbyn off the ballot, he'll win again, without a doubt. If they do keep him off the ballot, it will be the end of the Labour party as members will resign in their hundreds of thousands. The self-serving PLP has copulated over the members regardless of the outcome.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
Grim74
June 29, 2016, 9:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

That's an absolutely bizarre view to take from the comments after a telewag article! I've just skimmed through them and there is absolutely nothing in there which indicates anything about any sort of campaign against Onn. Obviously, she's going to back the coup long plotted by the right-wing of the party without whose patronage she wouldn't have got the seat, but that's just to be expected. As is the disappointment from those who supported Corbyn and policies which are actually a bit left-wing, instead of Tory-lite.

Corbyn can't plausibly continue as a leader with a backing of the PLP but then this really has never been a possiblity as the plotting shows. What is extremely distasteful is the way in which this scheming has gone on - interesting article here about those behind this plotting:

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufactured-exclusive/

All sounds a bit conspiracy-theoryish, but there is no doubting that the Blairites are trying to organise the whole thing and are quite happy to manufacture news to do so.

If they can't keep Corbyn off the ballot, he'll win again, without a doubt. If they do keep him off the ballot, it will be the end of the Labour party as members will resign in their hundreds of thousands. The self-serving PLP has copulated over the members regardless of the outcome.

Democracy strong as ever I see in the shambles of the labour party, I said last year on here that by appointing him would make the Labour Party the woolworths of politics, and the Labour lovers on here laughed, well your not laughing now 😄

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
James77
June 29, 2016, 9:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Quoted from Maringer

It's not a bizarre conclusion to draw at all when you read the comments below the GT article - a lot of bile being chucked her way, overwhelmingly negative responses to an MP who appears to be doing a good job in supporting and promoting the area. All because she appears to think that Labour are heading for electoral oblivion unless the leadership changes.

Clearly anyone who disagrees with Corbyn is now labelled as a 'Blairite', despite the fact that MPs on the left of the party and those who remain on his front bench gave him a vote of no confidence too. I don't think Corbyn is up to the job - regardless of his policies, he's not a good leader - and the party risks becoming an irrelevance, as it is in Scotland, if it continues on its current path.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
Maringer
June 29, 2016, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Didn't really see any bile there myself - just criticism, much of it understandable.

Onn is generally doing OK but, of course, didn't vote against the government's Welfare Bill which will impact thousands of her constituents. It may have been party policy to abstain following Harman's idiotic decision, but 48 MPs showed some sense, went against the party line (because it was wrong) and backed an amendment which opposed it. If you aren't going to defend the poorest in society, should you really be a Labour MP?

Note, she also backed Yvette Cooper for leader, very much a pro-Austerity candidate on the right of the party. Some of Cooper's utterances are really bizarre considering she is a highly-qualified economist - she's obviously forgotten everything she learned at Oxford, Harvard and the LSE! Just like her husband did, which handed the Tories the last election.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
codcheeky
June 29, 2016, 3:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Jeremy Corbyn has little choice but to stay until there is a democratic challenge. A right wing coup is something for a banana republic not a mainstream PLP. They have been waiting for an excuse but has kept confounding them(more votes than the tories at the local election against expectations and By-election wins with big swings toward labour) and the EU vote gave them that even tho he got similar support for his view in the party as did Sturgeon did with SNP.
The party has to decide whether it wants all the party to choose the leader or just a couple of hundred MP`s. ( even the tories let their members elect their leader)  Who will the PLP represent if it just the MPs? especially with people like Hillary Benn parachuted into Leeds because it is a safe seat.
If Corbyn wins any leadership election which seems likely the MPs will have to resign the whip and at the very least face reselection, (which many think they should do any way). the Labour party made a mistake with the approved by Blair candidate list that has given them career polititions without the links to traditional Labour community voters and is now reaping the results.
Labour is in a hard place whatever happens, it has already lost Scotland becuse it did not listen to its grass roots
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
Maringer
June 29, 2016, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
What I don't understand is why not one of the Labour MPs who voted against Corbyn in that ridiculous, pointless secret ballot yesterday hasn't had the balls to stand up in a leadership campaign, even if just as a stalking horse candidate to get the show on the road? After all, that is how Corbyn won the leadership in the first place - he reluctantly stood as a left-wing candidate and the ineptitude of his opponents handed him the role.

The silent 170-odd MPs obviously care a lot more about their careers than the future of the Labour Party.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
grimps
June 29, 2016, 6:49pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 46
I've no love of the guys politics and no real love of him to be honest but he seems to have always stuck to his beliefs , that's more than any of the other arsewipes or Blairites as some call them would have done.
They was always going to do him in eventually
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
forza ivano
June 29, 2016, 8:04pm

Exile
Difficult to see how this can be reconciled if Corbin is supported by the membership. Corbin is the leader of the party ,which presumably is the membership. 170 MPs would seem to be the tail wagging the dog if the membership supports him. However he is also their leader in the commons so what do they do if they don't believe in him, their prospects of government under him nor large parts of his policy beliefs? Presumably then the indidual MPs would have to consult their constituencies to establish their views plus the likelihood of them being deselected! The problem seems intractable without recourse to continued civil war ,a break up or the expected annihilation in a snap general election.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
codcheeky
June 29, 2016, 9:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Difficult to see how this can be reconciled if Corbin is supported by the membership. Corbin is the leader of the party ,which presumably is the membership. 170 MPs would seem to be the tail wagging the dog if the membership supports him. However he is also their leader in the commons so what do they do if they don't believe in him, their prospects of government under him nor large parts of his policy beliefs? Presumably then the indidual MPs would have to consult their constituencies to establish their views plus the likelihood of them being deselected! The problem seems intractable without recourse to continued civil war ,a break up or the expected annihilation in a snap general election.

The membership overwhelmingly supported Corbyn because the system is not working for the working class in this country, the PLP did not buy in to this new vision and have never supported him.
When I was young the country was in theory was much less affluent but no MP of any party would believe in a future with a economy much bigger and wealthier would have people going to food banks and have zero hours contracts, or that a business leader could rob a pension pot and see 11,000 BHS jobs go while lounging on his super yacht with his tax exile wife , waiting to take delivery of a private jet and be made a Sir.
There is no way Labour can win under Corbyn, but equally there is no way the Labour party will survive if it does not get back to its roots, people cannot just say "I am Labour and I know whats best for you" however well intentioned they are. Parliament is less representative than ever and my biggest fear is the far right will be the place that many will turn .
There is a battle going on to decide exactly what Labour is now and who it represents thats why Corbyn cannot just step down however much he probably wants to, when 60% of the party vote for you it a big responsibility and walking away will feel like a betrayal to them, whatever happens it will take a long time to rebuild and the thought of Boris and Gove is quite scary
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
forza ivano
June 29, 2016, 11:07pm

Exile
Think you're over egging the pudding a little. Remember Murdoch, goldsmith and further Back Rachman?  Green has been forced to appear before a select committee and to address the pension problem. Shareholder power, whilst still too weak, is far more of a force than it was 20 years ago, equally so the power of pressure groups.
It seems to me that part of the problem for labour and also for the trade unions that there isn't the serious issues affecting millions of people in society that there were 40-60 years ago.then the issues over housing ,health environmental issues ,health and safety,education ,the welfare state seriously and detrimentally affected non working class, working  class and skilled workers, tradesmen etc.literally millions of people.it gave plenty of scope for labour to improve people's lives and to attract their undying support.
If we are being brutal many of that group are pretty comfortably off nowadays.Ground workers get £100+ per day carpenters and brickies 50% more than that.given many are self employed they are as well off as teachers nurses, store managers etc they have their own houses, they are aspirational and generally their lives are far far better than they were in their parents day. The number of people who are suffering the old privations is more likely to be in the hundreds of thousands rather than the millions, and unfortunately they don't generally vote and as a result are largely unheard. Corbin is genuinely and admirably on their side.unfortunately for him that group plus the metropolitan liberal/ solid socialists that are corbinistas is too small a grouping to win elections.
It is very admirable that Corbin is so steadfast in his beliefs , pro immigration, pro refugee, anti royalist, pacifist, supporter of causes like Irish and Arab nationalism etc. Generally anti military. Whilst the morning star, the corbinistas and leftward leaning unions love him for it ,the referendum and  opinion polls suggest huge swathes of former labour supporters, particularly in the midlands and north are diametrically opposed to such views. As the old saying goes, what makes him good ,make him bad
It seems to me that under corbin and with the corbinistas enthusiastic support ,labour is a voiceferous protest group, which is unelectable. The alternative is Blair light labour, more effective electorally but dispensing with the morals and caring for the underdog morals of Corbin. Neither is a particularly attractive option
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
codcheeky
June 30, 2016, 9:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
See Eagle hasn't put in her promised challenge today, bit  of a rumour her constituency party has threatened to deselect her if she does.(Liverpool  not known for it's right leaning views).   A survey in the independent has nearly all constituency parties backing Corbyn.  Apparently lots joining Labour to vote in any contest as well and they won't be supporting someone who voted for the Iraq war, Syria bombings and welfare cuts to the poorest
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 68
codcheeky
July 11, 2016, 7:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

His moment of glory was getting into office in the first place, another extraordinary event in a year of the wildly improbable. Since then I agree he's been hopeless  

Honesty, kindness and decency are pretty rare in a politician , these are things highlighted by his opponent's.  It appears to be strangely catching given how many are joining Corbyn's Labour Party.

The 172 think a lesbian blairite who voted for the Iraq war, bombing Syria and more austerity is more electable is quite bizzare
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 68
Maringer
July 12, 2016, 11:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
She's not a Blairite. I know this is the case because she said so yesterday. It was pretty much all she said in her policy-free launch. Pretty pathetic, really.

That said, as she voted for various wars, voted repeatedly against setting up Chilcott, voted for the implementation of tuition fees and then again to raise them and abstained from a vote which implemented welfare cuts to the poorest in society, I can't really see why she would announce any policies. They will all be excrement if that record is anything to go by.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 68
Town Monkey
July 12, 2016, 11:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I'm not a Labour supporter but from the outside looking in it seems farcical at the minute.  As much as I disagree with many of Corbyn's policies he has the backing of the Labour Party Membership.  Eagle, if anything, seems to come across worse in the media than Corbyn.  

I think the PLP need to suck it up and get on with their job of providing an actual opposition.  Back JC through to the next general election and then see where they are.  At the minute, they're doing more to damage the reputation of Labour than JC is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 68
Grim74
July 12, 2016, 1:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
How someone who cuts their own hair expects to be taken serious is beyond me, typical Labour Party not respecting democracy and the will of the labour voter.

Just been reported Eagles had her windows put in now,  these far left nutters that worship Corbyn really are the scum of the earth .... vile creatures.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 68
pizzzza
July 12, 2016, 1:46pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from codcheeky

The 172 think a lesbian blairite who voted for the Iraq war, bombing Syria and more austerity is more electable is quite bizzare

What does being a lesbo got to to with whether she is electable or not?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 68
codcheeky
July 12, 2016, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

What does being a lesbo got to to with whether she is electable or not?

Who knows she does seem to mention it every time she makes a speech though so must think it is a plus point somehow for her
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 68
Grim74
July 12, 2016, 5:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Secret ballot now to rid of Corbyn, once again Labour showing us democracy is not a priority, these clowns really are copulated.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 68
Grim74
July 12, 2016, 8:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Corbyrn to be included in the leadership ballot now 😂😂😂 It's like watching the comedy channel 😃😃😃

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 68
KingstonMariner
July 24, 2016, 9:49am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'm not a Labour member (not even sure they're the party I would prefer out of all of them),much less a Corbynista but I'm beginning to despair with all this bullshit coming out of the Labour right. Corbyn will win the election hands down. The right wingers will be deselected by constituency parties in droves. There would be no need for any dirty stuff by the Corbynistas. I simply don't believe half of what they're saying.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 68
Grim74
July 24, 2016, 11:52am
Cocktail Drinker
I don't know why May just doesn't call an election now, it will be the easiest thing she will ever win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
codcheeky
July 24, 2016, 1:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I'm not a Labour member (not even sure they're the party I would prefer out of all of them),much less a Corbynista but I'm beginning to despair with all this bullshit coming out of the Labour right. Corbyn will win the election hands down. The right wingers will be deselected by constituency parties in droves. There would be no need for any dirty stuff by the Corbynistas. I simply don't believe half of what they're saying.

All this nonsense , slurs and outright lies from the right of the Parliamentary Labour Party and the press against Corbyn are not about the leadership election,  they know Corbyn will win.
They are frightened because he will not play the game of the elite, and the purpose is to discredit him amongst the general electorate. They do not want to discuss policies because many of Corbyns are quite popular. It is about branding him the loony left and making up nonsense for people like grim74  to spout up as fact in discussions.
The country is too uneven even May is admitting this and Hammond is on the verge of saying austerity as a policy has failed.
Social media means the press is losing its power and this frightens them as well, it is too easy now to see through all these lies and in a similar way the scare tactics backfired against brexit the same has happened with the campaign against Corbyn.
The Labour Party membership is the highest it has ever been and is growing faster than any other political party in western Europe, that these people are being dismissed as leftist bullies is wrong but easy to do,
The 172 Labour MP's have miscalculated and placed themselves on the wrong side of the great majority of their party members and now seem quite happy to see the party self destruct rather than admit they were wrong even if it means years of Tory rule
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
codcheeky
July 24, 2016, 1:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
I don't know why May just doesn't call an election now, it will be the easiest thing she will ever win.

There is plenty of discord in the Tory party. They have a leader elected by less than 200 who even the dreadful Leadsom would have run close. Brexit is going to be a nightmare for them with so many different views on what it actually means and the great majority of them remainers.
No one trusts the polls, so many marginal Tories are quite happy to sit it out, Labour has won the last 4 By--elections with increased majorities. They have also won the 4 metropolitan mayoral elections and received a bigger share of the vote in the local elections than the Tories.
May is quite happy for Labour to be the story for a while their own MP's are making themselves unelectable
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
Maringer
July 24, 2016, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Not to mention the obvious fact that May can't call an election. The fixed term Parliament act which was passed means that 60 percent of MPs need to agree that an election should be called before 2020. The only way this could happen is if a lot of the Labour MPs voted for it. Many of them have shown themselves to be right-wing disingenuous and devious illegitimates, but surely they aren't as corrupt as to actively give the Tories a helping hand? Actually, perhaps they are - the manner in which so many of them have behaved in the past 10 months or so makes you think a lot of them have absolutely no scruples.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
codcheeky
July 25, 2016, 9:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Not to mention the obvious fact that May can't call an election. The fixed term Parliament act which was passed means that 60 percent of MPs need to agree that an election should be called before 2020. The only way this could happen is if a lot of the Labour MPs voted for it. Many of them have shown themselves to be right-wing disingenuous and devious illegitimates, but surely they aren't as corrupt as to actively give the Tories a helping hand? Actually, perhaps they are - the manner in which so many of them have behaved in the past 10 months or so makes you think a lot of them have absolutely no scruples.

They have no scruples but they lost when Corbyn didn't resign, one has come back today and more will follow. It is the summer break and they have to go back and explain their treacherous behavior to their Constituency parties who are absolutely fuming.  Many have been parachuted in and that upset local people at the time.  Many know they will
face reselection with boundary changes and many will face a no confidence vote from their own local parties.
Perhaps most importantly Owen Smith was a dreadful choice as challenger with his drug company lobbyist background
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
barralad
July 25, 2016, 10:43pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from codcheeky

All this nonsense , slurs and outright lies from the right of the Parliamentary Labour Party and the press against Corbyn are not about the leadership election,  they know Corbyn will win.
They are frightened because he will not play the game of the elite, and the purpose is to discredit him amongst the general electorate. They do not want to discuss policies because many of Corbyns are quite popular. It is about branding him the loony left and making up nonsense for people like grim74  to spout up as fact in discussions.
The country is too uneven even May is admitting this and Hammond is on the verge of saying austerity as a policy has failed.
Social media means the press is losing its power and this frightens them as well, it is too easy now to see through all these lies and in a similar way the scare tactics backfired against brexit the same has happened with the campaign against Corbyn.
The Labour Party membership is the highest it has ever been and is growing faster than any other political party in western Europe, that these people are being dismissed as leftist bullies is wrong but easy to do,
The 172 Labour MP's have miscalculated and placed themselves on the wrong side of the great majority of their party members and now seem quite happy to see the party self destruct rather than admit they were wrong even if it means years of Tory rule

Pretty sound assessment for me.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
Maringer
July 26, 2016, 11:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Bear in mind that, whatever May might have said, she's just filled the cabinet with more extreme right-wingers than we've seen since the days of Thatcher. Liam Fox, FFS. Crooked as they come.

There already seems to be a distinct gap opening up between the rhetoric and the actions which is probably not too surprising.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
codcheeky
August 12, 2016, 8:19am
Cocktail Drinker
The Labour National Executive Committee has in their wisdom decided to go to court and spend approximately £250K of their members own money on an appeal to stop them having a vote while at the same time allowing any none member a vote if they pay £25.  You could not make this up.  Some are so angry they might lose their grip on the party they seem to have gone a little mad, Owen Smith has adopted Corbyns policies and wants to be seen as Corbyn lite instead of Tory lite and is so disappointed at the size of his rallies he has asked if he can speak at Corbyns.  Meanwhile the press have come out in force against Corbyn but try as they might are making little difference, in fact Corbyn is becoming more popular.  What will happen when the election is overt is anyone's guess but expect to see much sulking and a possible split
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
Grim74
August 12, 2016, 10:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky
The Labour National Executive Committee has in their wisdom decided to go to court and spend approximately £250K of their members own money on an appeal to stop them having a vote while at the same time allowing any none member a vote if they pay £25.  You could not make this up.  Some are so angry they might lose their grip on the party they seem to have gone a little mad, Owen Smith has adopted Corbyns policies and wants to be seen as Corbyn lite instead of Tory lite and is so disappointed at the size of his rallies he has asked if he can speak at Corbyns.  Meanwhile the press have come out in force against Corbyn but try as they might are making little difference, in fact Corbyn is becoming more popular.  What will happen when the election is overt is anyone's guess but expect to see much sulking and a possible split

The Labour Party has been reduced to nothing more than a laughing stock I wouldn't trust them to run a bath never mind run the country, and once the breakaway new SDP (mark 2) gets formed then the party that once upon a time represented the working class will be nothing more than a protest party led by the mad hatter himself representing asylum seekers and deluded students only.

Despite my personal views on Corbyn I find it a disgrace that the establishment including the MSN especially Sky and the BBC want to bring him down by any means necessary, it's exactly the same with Donald Trump  I'm getting sick of reading about these smear campaigns against them both, it's blatantly obvious from a neutral perspective that they want Smith to win and a not so neutral perspective that they want Clinton to win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
LH
September 8, 2016, 9:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
QT like a football match tonight in a way: Smith proves that possession (talking a lot) doesn't neccessarily win a match because mistakes (talking shite and getting pulled up on it) can be costly. I think Corbyn probably nicked a smash and grab 1-0 despite hardly saying anything all night. It even had a pitch invasion at the end with fans wanting selfies.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
Maringer
September 9, 2016, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
As somebody who avoids watching hustings/debates (pointed questions being fended off by every debater with little new or original information revealed) I wasn't planning to watch it but inadvertently caught a few minutes at the start and a few minutes at the end. I have to say, I was shocked just how badly Smith came across. I know he's not the most sympathetic of characters in the first place, but he was just terrible in those bits I saw. The man's got a real tin ear when it comes to this contest, perhaps because he's got no chance of winning? Corbyn actually came across better than I expected - he's apparently a decent public speaker but I didn't know how he would deal with the Q&A format and he seemed to respond to the few questions I saw quite well.

Anyway, Corbyn is clearly going to win in a landslide so it will be interesting to see just what the PLP decide to do in this event. With they, instead of accusing Corbyn of failing to operate an effective opposition actually, you know, help him do so? Lots of tales of Corbyn's aides and supporters failing to operate an effective political machine, but I do wonder if they might have done a bit better if they hadn't spent the best part of a year fending off attacks and briefings from their own side!

I bet the Tories can't believe their luck - they've buggered things up to an unbelievable degree, are rejecting their previous policies which have failed miserably left and right, clearly don't have the foggiest idea of what to do as regards Brexit, but have received hardly any flak because the PLP launched their horribly botched coup which was doomed to failure from the start.

Half the MPs on either side of the chamber would struggle to find their backsides using both hands so just how did we let them become our representatives?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
Grim74
September 9, 2016, 12:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Absolute car crash of a debate, the only winners from last night was Teresa May and UKIP

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
chaos33
September 19, 2016, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Maringer
As somebody who avoids watching hustings/debates (pointed questions being fended off by every debater with little new or original information revealed) I wasn't planning to watch it but inadvertently caught a few minutes at the start and a few minutes at the end. I have to say, I was shocked just how badly Smith came across. I know he's not the most sympathetic of characters in the first place, but he was just terrible in those bits I saw. The man's got a real tin ear when it comes to this contest, perhaps because he's got no chance of winning? Corbyn actually came across better than I expected - he's apparently a decent public speaker but I didn't know how he would deal with the Q&A format and he seemed to respond to the few questions I saw quite well.

Anyway, Corbyn is clearly going to win in a landslide so it will be interesting to see just what the PLP decide to do in this event. With they, instead of accusing Corbyn of failing to operate an effective opposition actually, you know, help him do so? Lots of tales of Corbyn's aides and supporters failing to operate an effective political machine, but I do wonder if they might have done a bit better if they hadn't spent the best part of a year fending off attacks and briefings from their own side!

I bet the Tories can't believe their luck - they've buggered things up to an unbelievable degree, are rejecting their previous policies which have failed miserably left and right, clearly don't have the foggiest idea of what to do as regards Brexit, but have received hardly any flak because the PLP launched their horribly botched coup which was doomed to failure from the start.

Half the MPs on either side of the chamber would struggle to find their backsides using both hands so just how did we let them become our representatives?

This.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
Grim74
September 19, 2016, 10:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
I watched Punch and Judy on the Sky debate and the one question that stood out from the Labour audience was "why are you still not listening to the working class outside your North London metropolitan bubble"?

And the question was just ignored by both! This just sums up these two muppets and this is why Labour are finished.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 68
codcheeky
September 25, 2016, 12:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Increased mandate for Corbyn, it was a pointless exercise from the PLP, who now look very foolish and have only strengthened his grip of the party, hopefully they will stop sulking and get behind him
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
Maringer
September 26, 2016, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Nah - that's not going to happen. Some of the usual suspects are already sounding off. I wonder who'll be put up to challenge him again next year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 68
chaos33
September 27, 2016, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2016, 11:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Very good chaos. I like his bake off one. And Pie does God.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
Grim74
September 28, 2016, 7:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

He's right about the media, Corbyrn suffering the same bias as Trump.

But to think he has a chance of winning an election is just very wishfully thinking.

the Immigrant vote is their only hope now which is why Corbyn has announced he won't cut immigration hence just another reason they will never be back in thank intercourse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Labours leader Jeremy Corbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.