15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
June 11, 2016, 8:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

So are you going to put the 100k -150k per year he props the club up with, cant see the trust or the fans raising this extra every season

It is NOT  needed Rob if the club was run on a sounder footing. The majority of fans don't want more debt, and if any was needed in the last financial year then that goes to prove my point.

I don't think it is fair getting into a discussion with a one eyed man, JF hasn't set me up in business, if he had I may have to toe the party line  
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 140
Cloudy
June 11, 2016, 8:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Wouldn't it make more sense to explain to JF why he's wrong and try to change his mind? We have an active Trust with members on the board. To demand he steps down with no way of enforcing it and no alternative to replace him seems unhelpful. JF seems to be looking at the financial numbers. If there is a complete boycott of these ridiculous B-team games, which I hope there will be, then he will realise this isn't a good option. Having said that I've no idea how he, or the many other voters, could possibly think this was a good idea in the first place and it's totally embarrassing.

Exactly, we have 2 Trust board members who were NOT consulted. I firstly want the board spokesman to explain that!!!

IF it is JF who has voted then he has NO understanding of the fans.

BTW would we need to replace him? There are 5 other directors aren't there? Run the club within its means then we don't need a sugar daddy with no concept of anything other than figures.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 140
Rob_in_Grimsby
June 11, 2016, 9:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Cloudy

It is NOT  needed Rob if the club was run on a sounder footing. The majority of fans don't want more debt, and if any was needed in the last financial year then that goes to prove my point.

I don't think it is fair getting into a discussion with a one eyed man, JF hasn't set me up in business, if he had I may have to toe the party line  

JF did not set me up in business and I don't tow the party line as you put it, But in the past  if we wanted a competitive playing budget then money had to be put in to the club by the Trust and other board members, I was only trying to point out that I could not see the trust or other board members putting that sort of  shortfall in.
I would love to see the club live within its means or even start to make a profit but this is football so come Christmas the fans and  possibly the manager always want new faces and that comes at a cost.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 140
jimgtfc
June 11, 2016, 9:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,066
Gold Stars: 44
Should we not wait for the clubs response on this matter before we jump to conclusions and start putting a noose around someone's neck?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 140
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2016, 10:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Wouldn't it make more sense to explain to JF why he's wrong and try to change his mind? We have an active Trust with members on the board. To demand he steps down with no way of enforcing it and no alternative to replace him seems unhelpful. JF seems to be looking at the financial numbers. If there is a complete boycott of these ridiculous B-team games, which I hope there will be, then he will realise this isn't a good option. Having said that I've no idea how he, or the many other voters, could possibly think this was a good idea in the first place and it's totally embarrassing.

If he's the sort of person to make a decision like this without consulting his colleagues on the board then he's not going to listen to reason.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 140
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2016, 10:06pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
Should we not wait for the clubs response on this matter before we jump to conclusions and start putting a noose around someone's neck?

They need to be quicker off the blocks than this. They're quick to push out all sort of balderdash regarding gambling adverts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 140
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2016, 10:14pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from barralad
The petition is doing the rounds on FB.  Most Trust Board members have signed it including those currently at the Euros. Please sign and share the hell out of it...

Oh and whilst you are at it drop the Trust an e-mail stating your unequivocal opposition...

enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk

http://www.twitter.com/@MarinersTrust%20

http://www.facebook.com/MarinersTrust

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 140
Vance Warner
June 11, 2016, 10:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Don't forget john@gtfc.co.uk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 140
ska face
June 12, 2016, 9:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Looking forward to our illustrious leader shedding some light on this situation in the morning.

We need to keep the pressure up on this.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 140
ska face
June 12, 2016, 10:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Apparently the Hartlepool chairman has stated on twitter he'll put tickets for Trophy fixtures up to £100 each to prevent people coming & supporting the idea.

That's leadership. That's someone who understands the value of fans and their views. That's someone with principles and someone with a bit of nous.

I notice that Chesterfield have released a statement claiming that they were against the proposals...but voted in support of it anyway!   You couldn't write it. I hope those at GTFC aren't thinking that a similar sentiment is going to appease fans (if that's the way they've ended up voting, of course, we can only speculate at the moment) tomorrow.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Football League Trophy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.