7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
May 17, 2016, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Actually lew a good point, were is this racist stuff at halifax we talk about ?

Evidence please or lets stop going on about it as its time that was put right to bed now.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
RoboCod
May 17, 2016, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The problem here is the section of 'fans' that the Club are criticising. It's a very vague finger-point in the area of the fans in general, while just referring to a small minority.
Perhaps something more untoward has gone on, something a bit too close to Hurst and his family, but we're left guessing in the main.
As I said earlier, get Matt Dean & Paul Hurst; Part 2 done, let's hear more and see if the genuine fans can help out.
Otherwise that wedge that is sometimes driven between management and fans might be driven in a little too far.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 65
bluerose13x
May 17, 2016, 4:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
To be honest, this was our 4th season in the play offs and was bound to achive success in the playoffs at some point over the course of 3 matches. Paul Hurst, with the apparently 4/5th biggest buget, has been achiving par for the course for season after season, seeing above buget crowds which wasn't being achived before his time in conference before, with extra money coming in from trophy finals and created last year positivity for the crowdfunding project. Which has kept the boardroom happy.

I've been critical about Mr Hurst in the past. He's achived the promised land. I supposed I shouldn't be negative at this point in time and I won't be. (hopefully I haven't in this post!) He's a decent manager. Stubborn, yes. Defensive(negative?) style of play. Yes. which isn't my fave style. And is he a special manager who can achive above average final standings in the league table at end of season? I would say no. He's a decent manager who'll achive results that on balance par for what the buget allows. Will he ever do more than whats expected from the buget?!?!?! I'm on the fence. I'm willing to find out and back him even thou I don't really like the guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 65
arryarryarry
May 17, 2016, 4:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from excusebeef
We were in the playoffs all season which given the record of teams finishing so poorly after a playoff final defeat (Wrexham, Gateshead, Kidderminster) to not back everyone until our fete was decided at 5:50 on Sunday was pretty poor IMO

No we weren't.

If you want to come on here excrement stirring get your facts right.

And where's this fete, I'd like to go.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 65
Grim74
May 17, 2016, 4:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from excusebeef
I have just listened to the players and the manager on the radio both before and after the playoff final and what upsets and angers me the most is that every single player backed the manager and thought some fans were totally out of order post first leg and rightly so, PH has said the victory was for those fans that stood by the team and not for those that turned their back on him and the players.

You only have to listen to Dis, Pearson, Podge, Monkhouse talk so highly of PH saying he's so passionate about football and winning even if he doesn't show it, the players have the utmost respect for him, Us fans do not see behind the scenes, and we all know the dressing room is far more important than fan's perception sometimes. And year in year out PH has built a team that prides itself on togetherness, something we seemed to have forgotten from last year which let's be honest kick started the love towards out players knowing that there was true unity for once.

I would be gutted if those that wanted him sacked on the first leg have done irreparable damage to his feelings and the player's feelings about the club.

The racists at Halifax, the Hurst Out brigade it's all a bit sour and I think anyone who doubted the team should be ashamed of themselves.

I would definately advise anyone to listen to the match again post Sunday to realise how wrong many were

Get a grip FFS over reaction of the week!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
aldi_01
May 17, 2016, 5:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The silence from the biggest naysayers is as embarrassing as many of their outburst have been.

People make mistakes, players have made mistakes, the manager has, they all know that but for those of us who stuck with it, along with the belief the players/manager had its turned out well in the end.

Will those that claim Hurst is tactically inept or has no plan 'B' that they all obsess over apologise? The 2 games it genuinely mattered he had both.

Do I care about the naysayers? Couldn't care less, I lost my interest in many fans after their embarrassing behaviour at Halifax. I just hope for those miserable whiny girl privates that were moaning at half time at Kiddy are enjoying the humble pie...I suspect many won't admit it thoUgh and would rather cut their noses off to spite their faces...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2016, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from aldi_01
The silence from the biggest naysayers is as embarrassing as many of their outburst have been.

People make mistakes, players have made mistakes, the manager has, they all know that but for those of us who stuck with it, along with the belief the players/manager had its turned out well in the end.

Will those that claim Hurst is tactically inept or has no plan 'B' that they all obsess over apologise? The 2 games it genuinely mattered he had both.

Do I care about the naysayers? Couldn't care less, I lost my interest in many fans after their embarrassing behaviour at Halifax. I just hope for those miserable whiny girl privates that were moaning at half time at Kiddy are enjoying the humble pie...I suspect many won't admit it thoUgh and would rather cut their noses off to spite their faces...

Wouldn't it be an idea to knock this on the head right here and right now.

ALL GRIMSBY TOWN FANS WANTED THE SAME OUTCOME - THANK F**K WE GOT IT.

Some fans OPINIONS were right, some fans OPINIONS were wrong - I defy any fan to say that at 9pm on the evening of Thursday May 5th that they were confident that we would a) beat Braintree and b) beat FGR.

Somehow and in some way, we found the way to get the job done. Wouldn't now be a good time to realise that we are all entitled to have an opinion and stop this 'I was right, you were wrong' shite.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 65
pontoonlew
May 17, 2016, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from aldi_01

I think it's a bit embarrassing to ask people to 'apologise' for airing views in a decent manner. The people who put up a banner should apologise, the people who wrote personal abuse towards Hurst should apologise. But they should've apologised right then because it was wrong from the start. People having an OPINION based on a game they've just seen and having to apologise for said opinion 3 years later is ridiculous.

Asking people to apologise claiming we don't have a plan B? Quite frankly a stupid comment, mainly given that we didn't demonstrate one until Monkhouse got injured and forced our hand to find one.

It all worked out fantastically and I'm absolutely delighted for Hurst & every single player. And us the fans, the fans who have invested years and thousands of pounds into our passion and something we ALL want.

We've just won promotion for felicitations sake, our team are out there now on an open top bus tour round the town celebrating and this board has turned into a playground. LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY I WAS RIGHT.

What about last year? What about when the doubters were proved right what happened? We all came together and raised 100k for a promotion.

Yet 3 days after promotion to the football league this board is full of pillocks asking for an apology from fans who ever dared to question wether it was going to happen.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 65
arryarryarry
May 17, 2016, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from aldi_01

Has Paul Hurst apologised yet for his childish we have been spoilt outburst?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 65
Rodley Mariner
May 17, 2016, 5:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from pontoonlew

I think it's a bit embarrassing to ask people to 'apologise' for airing views in a decent manner. The people who put up a banner should apologise, the people who wrote personal abuse towards Hurst should apologise. But they should've apologised right then because it was wrong from the start. People having an OPINION based on a game they've just seen and having to apologise for said opinion 3 years later is ridiculous.

Asking people to apologise claiming we don't have a plan B? Quite frankly a stupid comment, mainly given that we didn't demonstrate one until Monkhouse got injured and forced our hand to find one.

It all worked out fantastically and I'm absolutely delighted for Hurst & every single player. And us the fans, the fans who have invested years and thousands of pounds into our passion and something we ALL want.

We've just won promotion for felicitations sake, our team are out there now on an open top bus tour round the town celebrating and this board has turned into a playground. LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY I WAS RIGHT.

What about last year? What about when the doubters were proved right what happened? We all came together and raised 100k for a promotion.

Yet 3 days after promotion to the football league this board is full of pillocks asking for an apology from fans who ever dared to question wether it was going to happen.

For what it's worth I don't expect anybody to apologise and I hope everybody has and is enjoying it. I just felt compelled to pick you up when instead of acknowledging you were wrong or just ignoring it, started justifying your desire to have him sacked, talking about his mistakes, your preparedness to forgive him and his need to 'up his game' going forward. The day after he'd got us promoted back to the Football League!  

You have the right to criticise him and he has the right to not eulogise about what a wonderful supporter you are, which ultimately is what's annoying you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Overwhelming feeling of anger

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.