5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
May 16, 2016, 11:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,656
Gold Stars: 226
I really hope he stays and takes us to the play offs again next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
mariner91
May 17, 2016, 12:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,619
Gold Stars: 260
Great interview. If we think these last six years have been hard on us, imagine how hard it's been on PH. A lot of respect for the man and I really, really hope he stays with us and we move forward as a club with him at the helm. I was very much a doubter in the last few months and I've never been more glad to be wrong. I hope his holiday with his family is somewhere nice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
ginnywings
May 17, 2016, 12:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mariner91
Great interview. If we think these last six years have been hard on us, imagine how hard it's been on PH. A lot of respect for the man and I really, really hope he stays with us and we move forward as a club with him at the helm. I was very much a doubter in the last few months and I've never been more glad to be wrong. I hope his holiday with his family is somewhere nice.

The Euros.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
the driver
May 17, 2016, 8:03am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
A proper interview from a proper manager and journalist
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
LongEatonMariner
May 17, 2016, 8:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Great interview, well done Matt Dean (I'm sure he reads the Fishy too!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
oldun
May 17, 2016, 8:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
All fans should listen to this. Interesting questions, fairly and honestly answered. A good insight into PH the man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
cmackenzie4
May 17, 2016, 8:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Tommy
Thought this merited a thread of its own.

Excellent interview here with Paul Hurst posted by Matt Dean on his Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1619865148336503&id=1576209206035431

Brilliant interview.

He's had a lot of criticism but at the start of the season the objective was promotion. And guess what, we've been promoted. Job done.

Important now we all unite and get behind the whole club, Hurst has earned the right to be trusted and for us to have faith in him now. Remembering the season lasts 46 games (plus POffs) and a game lasts 90 minutes - we should jump to knee jerk reactions so much halfway through a game.

#UTM

Brilliant interview by Paul, you could see the relief lifted from his shoulders, thanks for posting this Tommy.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
RoboCod
May 17, 2016, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Great interview, and got me thinking..how much better is Hurst in these interviews when there's 8 or 9 minutes given to him? The usual post match chats are rushed and everyone wants to just get home, leaving just enough time for the usual negative stuff to be questioned and little time for anything else.

It still niggles me a little that, for example, the superb away fans get little mention in comparison to a few moaners, but maybe the media and interviewing format are a little to blame for this.
We have a new start in the league, if we're going to sweep away the last few years and start anew then I'd like to hear some positive stuff from BP, that things are different, that we are starting a new era.
Would it be possible, in the coming weeks after everyone's re-charged, to host such an interview as this one with Paul Hurst, with Matt asking the Q's, but from a relaxed press room at BP? An hour or so long, giving Hurst ample opportunity to air his views, and his grievances and explain things in detail. At the halfway point they could take fans Q's from Twitter or whatever, and the whole thing streamed for us to watch at home?
I'm still over the moon at what we've done gut there's something holding me back from feeling completely comfortable with the goings-on at BP. To carry on as we are into the new season will be glossing over things, surely a genuine attempt at reaching out to the fans, while embracing the digital technology around us, along with the positivity of finally embarking on a league campaign can smooth out all the bumps and get things moving along with the new ground.
Think the club may be thinking like this?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
chipsandgravy
May 17, 2016, 9:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
A great interview from both sides. My overiding memory of the last two weeks has been the togetherness of the team and how they have played for the manager. If I am honest the depth of that came as a surprise to me but I am positive it was the key factor for getting us over the line. That and a referee's decision which looking back was equally pivotal. The flak that he took went way over the top but its history now and as has been pointed out to me happens at most clubs. I am going on Sunday to celebrate that spirit in all its glory, enjoy Wembley for once and replace "Were on our way"  with "Paul Hursts Black and White Army"!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
Les Brechin
May 17, 2016, 9:11am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from RonMariner
I really hope he stays and takes us to the play offs again the League 2 title next season.

Amended for you Ron!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Matt Dean - Paul Hurst interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.