6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
May 15, 2016, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I just want to say a big apology to john fenty and a few on here but most importantly paul hurst.

Listen if i am big enough to give it out then i am big enough to apologise for the doubt and the comments i have made.

I am so happy and thankyou paul  for making today one of the best feelings i have had since my son was born.

You have done this town proud today paul and you deserve to enjoy every last minute of it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
BeijingMariner
May 15, 2016, 6:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
beautiful words my friend
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
gaz57
May 15, 2016, 6:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Did you see his comments on BT sport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
grimps
May 15, 2016, 6:38pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,103
Gold Stars: 46
I've always been an anus , cheers Hursty  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
denni266
May 15, 2016, 6:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just want to say a big apology to john fenty and a few on here but most importantly paul hurst.

Listen if i am big enough to give it out then i am big enough to apologise for the doubt and the comments i have made.

I am so happy and thankyou paul  for making today one of the best feelings i have had since my son was born.

You have done this town proud today paul and you deserve to enjoy every last minute of it.

Well said jonnyboy, i must join you in this one..i didnt think we would do it  but we did , credit to all for a fantastic day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
Biccys
May 15, 2016, 6:41pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I'd love it if all the rest of the naysayers did the same.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 50
Southwark Mariner
May 15, 2016, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
all very well, but when is the sausage going in?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
bluerose13x
May 15, 2016, 6:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
I'm not going to spoil the moment so I'll say sorry Paul and John for my negativity concerning your abilty and running of the club. Even shook Mr Fentys hand yesterday in Trag Squ wishing him all the best for today not daring to say I'm a doom monger on thefishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
cmackenzie4
May 15, 2016, 6:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Well said mate, I think a lot posters will understand it was just clear frustration on your part JB.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Meza
May 15, 2016, 6:57pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Personally....i think he's going to County.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
BeijingMariner
May 15, 2016, 7:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
I have always publicly supported them both and had some doubts privately like most humans do. I think those BT people  (Clem) were dickheaddz for asking questions that prompted Hursty to talk about anything negative after the game, and I wish he hadn't...but here's the thing, he is human, it's normal, just like Johnny Boy is normal. So the professional tw@ts can go hang, Hursty and the team and Johnny Boy, that is a different matter. There was no-one on the pitch or in the stands today who needs to be schooled. Brilliant team, excellently managed, brilliantly backed by the board and supported well, well, well beyond the call of duty. Mariners all of the world, I love you. My dad died in January, he would have loved this. My son sits his final school exams this week and this actually helped him, I can tell.Cheers GTFC for making a excrement year get a lot better. UTM!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
immariner
May 15, 2016, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
I completely agree with his comments if I'm honest. I'm not going to name names but there are those I do, to a certain extent, begrudge the joy of promotion, simply for their insidious comments on this messageboard. I am so chuffed for Hurst and happy for John Fenty that his backing of Hurst has been vindicated. Get in Town! Celebration time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
BeijingMariner
May 15, 2016, 7:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from immariner
I completely agree with his comments if I'm honest. I'm not going to name names but there are those I do, to a certain extent, begrudge the joy of promotion, simply for their insidious comments on this messageboard. I am so chuffed for Hurst and happy for John Fenty that his backing of Hurst has been vindicated. Get in Town! Celebration time!

completely understandable mate. but either way, we won fair play to you for being honest and direct.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Personally I think he'll stay. It would be incredibly naive of him to think that Notts County fans, or any other club are any different to us.
What i'd like to see him do is rationalise the situation and realise this forum is full of differing personalities and some of them (the usual suspects) should be ignored. Always.

While there was some well though out and coherent criticism of that first leg v Braintree (and it DID deserve constructive criticism) on here, other threads, such as the Notts County thread was unnecessary but it also worked out as a great barometer of rational thought and identified just who I will listen to and not listen to in the future.
Those who suggested he should take the job, and even those who offered him a lift...not sure how you can honestly post on here with any dignity again.

But come on Fenty, Hurst and the team...a dozen or so idiots on a raging message board and some gobby types in the crowd?
If I can easily dismiss them as basket cases, you should do the same. Don't let ANYTHING take away the effort and sheer grit of the last two games.
You've all become legends to 99% of us, while the other 1% will give you a reprieve until we hit a bad patch again.
That's football for you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 15, 2016, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Robocod , i take it you are refeering to me as one of those "idiots" ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
Fat Cobra
May 15, 2016, 7:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
RoboCod just wait until we're on a 10 game winless run, we'll soon see which side of the fence you're on. You can't swap and change as you like and then start preaching. Pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
GrimRob
May 15, 2016, 7:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
Paul please stay and see how far you can take us. We have a long history of double promotions.....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Actually, no. I don't recall your input exactly, but if you were on of those encouraging Hurst to go then I'd say that was pretty idiotic. I've always seen you as someone who lets emotion run away with him in the heat of the moment, but ready to back down after a few deep breaths and another look at things.

No, there is a certain group who disappear for days/weeks on end but magically appear after defeat. Barely 6 games could pass without them calling for Hursts head. Lots of us have doubted, quite rightly in some cases, but as soon as it gets personal and becomes some kind of campaign you've lost the argument.
You've been pretty apologetic in the last few days, and held your hand up as getting it wrong. I respect that, others have been relentless though, it's just a shame their voices seemingly have an impact on the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fat Cobra
RoboCod just wait until we're on a 10 game winless run, we'll soon see which side of the fence you're on. You can't swap and change as you like and then start preaching. Pathetic.

And you can go f**k yourself.

UP THE MARINERS!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Fat Cobra
May 15, 2016, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

And you can go f**k yourself.

UP THE MARINERS!!!

If you suspect it, report it. flipping arsewipe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 15, 2016, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Fair enough robocod.

I hope i have never got personal but i admit i doubted he could do it as would alot on here if they were honest.

If i ever do feel i have been too strong i always look to apologise asap.

Listen like i say if i could apologise in person to him i would but i never got personal with it i just doubted he had what it takes but i got that wrong .

If i could say to his face i didnt think you could do it i would and admit i my mistake in doubting him a few weeks ago.

im not a keyboard warrior and would happily hold my hands up when im out of order and i am a big believer in if you are big enough to give it out you are big enough to admit when you are wrong and apologise and thats what i have done.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
grimsby pete
May 15, 2016, 7:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
I have both supported Hurst and wanted him to go,

I would be very surprised if he left because of comments on here,

He has got a secure job at Grimsby because its the board who hire and fire,

Not a message board

Sorry Paul if I upset you, I will try not to do again.

Lets just kick on from here and go for another promotion,

Anything Bristol Rovers can do

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
GYinScuntland
May 15, 2016, 7:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Nothing to apologise for mate .we've all had a few years of shite,  stuck by our club, voiced our opinions and now got our long overdue reward. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Grimal
May 15, 2016, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Fat Cobra

I can't believe it's only an hour and a half ago that our Club won promotion to the football league and you are already talking negative, 10 game winless run. I think it's about time you gave your head a wobble.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Fair enough robocod.

I hope i have never got personal but i admit i doubted he could do it as would alot on here if they were honest.

If i ever do feel i have been too strong i always look to apologise asap.

Listen like i say if i could apologise in person to him i would but i never got personal with it i just doubted he had what it takes but i got that wrong .

If i could say to his face i didnt think you could do it i would and admit i my mistake in doubting him a few weeks ago.

im not a keyboard warrior and would happily hold my hands up when im out of order and i am a big believer in if you are big enough to give it out you are big enough to admit when you are wrong and apologise and thats what i have done.

Agree, and i'm not going to deny the frustration has got to me lots of times, I think the FGR manager sacking had us all reeling for a while but Hurst turned it around i spectacular style. While I may have urged the dropping of Monkhouse (again, not a personal attack, just the obvious fact that the Monkhouse-shape to the team needed sidelining) and been seething at the no-show against Braintree at BP,  it's not comparable to the disgraceful insults that those types such as Fat Cobra used. GrimRob has shown some tolerance with this, such posters should be banned when stooping to derogatory name calling.

Good on you for the post, let's enjoy this incredible day properly. Cheers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
DickBarton
May 15, 2016, 8:33pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Just back in my wembley park hotel room. Enjoyed a fantastic weekend here since Friday. Tattershall castle yesterday, then Trafalgar Square. Non stop singing for 3 days taking its toll and I have no voice left, but it doesn't stop me from saying.....I TOLD YOU SO YOU MISSERABLE LOT!

PS the double is still on!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 15, 2016, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
That you did male private barton that you did

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
KingstonMariner
May 15, 2016, 9:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DickBarton
Just back in my wembley park hotel room. Enjoyed a fantastic weekend here since Friday. Tattershall castle yesterday, then Trafalgar Square. Non stop singing for 3 days taking its toll and I have no voice left, but it doesn't stop me from saying.....I TOLD YOU SO YOU MISSERABLE LOT!

You were right male private. I'm very, very glad you were and I'm glad I was wrong. Happy to have that egg on my face tonight.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
TAGG
May 15, 2016, 9:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 124
I never thought Paul Hurst would get us up but he's proved me and a lot of others wrong

Thanks Paul for making our great club a Football League club once again and offer my sincerest apologies for doubting your ability as a manager.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
mickyj1949
May 15, 2016, 9:32pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -64
hope notts county take him sooner the better,he's loan sighnings were pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
golfer
May 15, 2016, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from DickBarton

Yoo  Kaant  spel  yu fic  sodde
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
Mariner Ronnie
May 15, 2016, 10:01pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Oh Jonnyboy. The excrement and crud you and your cronies gave me on here. All for supporting my team. Who was right?!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
golfer
May 15, 2016, 10:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 115
Its no good us having a go at each other. A lot of us have become frustrated in the last three months with Paul Hursts tactics and team selections.It has proved that the Fishy is read where it matters. I have called Hursts tactics but have tried at times when I am in a serious mood, to give a constructive opinion as a few others have. Hurst altered his tactics on three important occasions  i.e.  Wrexham at home,  Braintree away  and today. These tactics resulted in 3 enjoyable wins. The reason why myself, Bigdog, Herts, and several others were frustrated was that we could see that with the players we had it was no good playing the formations that we were playing. We were crying out for the tactics employed in these 3 wins. Were we justified in getting frustrated,  I think we were. I congratulate The team and Paul for getting it right.  Onwards and upwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
RonMariner
May 16, 2016, 5:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,646
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from golfer

Yoo  Kaant  spel  yu fic  sodde

WanyeGTFC was his English tutor
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
bluerose13x
May 16, 2016, 5:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
And I would like to apologize for my negativity and comments about Paul Hurst. I prob took it a bit far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
rancido
May 16, 2016, 7:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,565
Gold Stars: 96
I seem to recall a poll about PH on here about 3/4 weeks ago with options about what he should do. One of those options was should we still get rid of him even if he won us promotion and quite a number said " yes ". It would be interesting to see who they were and if they still believe that to be the case !!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Fat Cobra
May 16, 2016, 7:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido
I seem to recall a poll about PH on here about 3/4 weeks ago with options about what he should do. One of those options was should we still get rid of him even if he won us promotion and quite a number said " yes ". It would be interesting to see who they were and if they still believe that to be the case !!

Rancido, I was one of them and I still believe it to be the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
rancido
May 16, 2016, 8:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Rancido, I was one of them and I still believe it to be the case.

Atleast you are being honest. What a strange world you live in where a person achieves his objective ( maybe in a longer time frame than was thought) and his reward his to be dismissed. I hope you are never in that position or maybe it would be a good thing as it would do your self esteem a power of good .

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
Bigdog
May 16, 2016, 9:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from golfer
Its no good us having a go at each other. A lot of us have become frustrated in the last three months with Paul Hursts tactics and team selections.It has proved that the Fishy is read where it matters. I have called Hursts tactics but have tried at times when I am in a serious mood, to give a constructive opinion as a few others have. Hurst altered his tactics on three important occasions  i.e.  Wrexham at home,  Braintree away  and today. These tactics resulted in 3 enjoyable wins. The reason why myself, Bigdog, Herts, and several others were frustrated was that we could see that with the players we had it was no good playing the formations that we were playing. We were crying out for the tactics employed in these 3 wins. Were we justified in getting frustrated,  I think we were. I congratulate The team and Paul for getting it right.  Onwards and upwards.

Couldn't have put it better myself Golfer. Whether it takes an injury to Monkey for Hurst to change it around or not, I don't care. All that matters is we're Football League.. At last!!!!!!!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
KingstonMariner
May 16, 2016, 9:44pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Oh, you mean like the Spanish Inquisition or the Stalinist Purges? That'd be fun. Let's turn a positive mood into the usual back-biting on here after 24 hours.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
Brisbane Mariner
May 16, 2016, 11:37pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
I think since Hurst was on his own he's turned the fortunes around and its taken 4 seasons for success but we have had milestones of improvement along the way and but for a couple of penalty kicks we could have done last year. Playoffs 4 years in a row is by no means a bad set of years we have more wins than losses so more good days than bad. My biggest criticism of Town has always been (no matter which manager we have had) is we seem to draw more than others - over the years we have lost ground to the 3 or 4 above or around us due to draws.
I don't dislike Hurst and wish him success with our team next season - we don't get to see the players side of Hurst and that is the bit that makes it work or not. Hurst has a great platform to build on - next season more money to spend on a couple of quality midfielders - Dis and Monkhouse will surely be more part time as next season progresses, that process has already been evident this season with Shaun. The future looks bright but we all need to be grounded - there are some established big clubs in L2 and we are going to be the First years at Big School! We may get bullied but we will stand up for US selves!

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 50
easypeersy
May 17, 2016, 2:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Utter respect to you Johnny Boy. It takes a man to apologize. I too have said some things I shouldn't have and for which I am sorry for. More in frustration than anything else. I hope Paul Hurst stays now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
GYinScuntland
May 17, 2016, 3:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from rancido

I was one who thought that. Maybe it was just seeing us miss out every year. I've changed my mind. Looking back on it I can see the ongoing improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
rancido
May 17, 2016, 7:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh, you mean like the Spanish Inquisition or the Stalinist Purges? That'd be fun. Let's turn a positive mood into the usual back-biting on here after 24 hours.

Not at all and the last thing I want is to put a dampener on our success. I was just curious as to why some fans would want to get rid of Hurst  if he got us promoted and do they still think that. One poster , Fat Cobra , as already said that he still thinks PH should go which completely mystifies me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2016, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Not at all and the last thing I want is to put a dampener on our success. I was just curious as to why some fans would want to get rid of Hurst  if he got us promoted and do they still think that. One poster , Fat Cobra , as already said that he still thinks PH should go which completely mystifies me.

I think he should go.....on holiday after Sunday and not read The Fishy for at least a....week!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
barralad
May 17, 2016, 8:13pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Is this thread still going (he says realising he's just prolonged it for a few seconds more)?

I have no view on whether people should apologise or not. I think it was Johnnyboy whose signature thingy at the bottom said something along the lines of you can make a mistake once. I think the same goes for posting on here. If we go on a bit of a run of poor form next season it will be interesting to see if some of those who felt the need to apologise let rip again-only to feel the need to apologise again when Paul sneaks us into the League 2 play offs on the final day of the 2016/17 season.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2016, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad
Is this thread still going (he says realising he's just prolonged it for a few seconds more)?

I have no view on whether people should apologise or not. I think it was Johnnyboy whose signature thingy at the bottom said something along the lines of you can make a mistake once. I think the same goes for posting on here. If we go on a bit of a run of poor form next season it will be interesting to see if some of those who felt the need to apologise let rip again-only to feel the need to apologise again when Paul sneaks us into the League 2 play offs on the final day of the 2016/17 season.

When all is said and done, PH will make decisions that some of us will agree with and disagree with within the next couple of weeks. There will never be agreement, nor should there be other than a mutual love of GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 17, 2016, 8:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Barra, there was also a select few who were pro hurst all the way then suddenly changed their tune in the last few weeks of the season and were just as much as concerned as me and were even stating a change was needed,some were very vocal and you could say they were just as worried as me and the other negative posters as you would probably put us..

They know who they are and i see that has convieniently been brushed under the carpet.

I apologised as its only the right thing to do , i didnt have to but i wanted to as imo if you can criticise then you can apologise when you get it wrong but lets get it right paul hurst hasnt exactly made things easy for himself with his ways towards the fans.

If we go on a 5 game losing run then yes too right i will speak up as that will be concerning but im also aware we are in league two so imo anything midtable is an achievement in my eyes next season.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
KK_DOG
May 17, 2016, 9:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I never doubted Hurst or the team. Always kept believing we would get promoted and win the FA Trophy. Massive credit to those now offering an apology.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Hagrid
May 17, 2016, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Hurst has got us up, he's our manager next season, lets leave it at that. He deserves his chance and we can all have a lovely relaxing summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
KingstonMariner
May 17, 2016, 9:24pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Fair enough, it just came over as trying to remove dissent. It's just there's been a few posters since Sunday who seem like they'd rather wallow in the old arguments than bask in the success which we ALL wanted. Ironic really given they've accused other people of ruining things by being negative.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › A massive apology

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.