6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
BeijingMariner
May 15, 2016, 7:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
I have always publicly supported them both and had some doubts privately like most humans do. I think those BT people  (Clem) were dickheaddz for asking questions that prompted Hursty to talk about anything negative after the game, and I wish he hadn't...but here's the thing, he is human, it's normal, just like Johnny Boy is normal. So the professional tw@ts can go hang, Hursty and the team and Johnny Boy, that is a different matter. There was no-one on the pitch or in the stands today who needs to be schooled. Brilliant team, excellently managed, brilliantly backed by the board and supported well, well, well beyond the call of duty. Mariners all of the world, I love you. My dad died in January, he would have loved this. My son sits his final school exams this week and this actually helped him, I can tell.Cheers GTFC for making a excrement year get a lot better. UTM!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
immariner
May 15, 2016, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,405
Gold Stars: 59
I completely agree with his comments if I'm honest. I'm not going to name names but there are those I do, to a certain extent, begrudge the joy of promotion, simply for their insidious comments on this messageboard. I am so chuffed for Hurst and happy for John Fenty that his backing of Hurst has been vindicated. Get in Town! Celebration time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
BeijingMariner
May 15, 2016, 7:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from immariner
I completely agree with his comments if I'm honest. I'm not going to name names but there are those I do, to a certain extent, begrudge the joy of promotion, simply for their insidious comments on this messageboard. I am so chuffed for Hurst and happy for John Fenty that his backing of Hurst has been vindicated. Get in Town! Celebration time!

completely understandable mate. but either way, we won fair play to you for being honest and direct.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Personally I think he'll stay. It would be incredibly naive of him to think that Notts County fans, or any other club are any different to us.
What i'd like to see him do is rationalise the situation and realise this forum is full of differing personalities and some of them (the usual suspects) should be ignored. Always.

While there was some well though out and coherent criticism of that first leg v Braintree (and it DID deserve constructive criticism) on here, other threads, such as the Notts County thread was unnecessary but it also worked out as a great barometer of rational thought and identified just who I will listen to and not listen to in the future.
Those who suggested he should take the job, and even those who offered him a lift...not sure how you can honestly post on here with any dignity again.

But come on Fenty, Hurst and the team...a dozen or so idiots on a raging message board and some gobby types in the crowd?
If I can easily dismiss them as basket cases, you should do the same. Don't let ANYTHING take away the effort and sheer grit of the last two games.
You've all become legends to 99% of us, while the other 1% will give you a reprieve until we hit a bad patch again.
That's football for you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 15, 2016, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Robocod , i take it you are refeering to me as one of those "idiots" ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
Fat Cobra
May 15, 2016, 7:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
RoboCod just wait until we're on a 10 game winless run, we'll soon see which side of the fence you're on. You can't swap and change as you like and then start preaching. Pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
GrimRob
May 15, 2016, 7:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Paul please stay and see how far you can take us. We have a long history of double promotions.....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Actually, no. I don't recall your input exactly, but if you were on of those encouraging Hurst to go then I'd say that was pretty idiotic. I've always seen you as someone who lets emotion run away with him in the heat of the moment, but ready to back down after a few deep breaths and another look at things.

No, there is a certain group who disappear for days/weeks on end but magically appear after defeat. Barely 6 games could pass without them calling for Hursts head. Lots of us have doubted, quite rightly in some cases, but as soon as it gets personal and becomes some kind of campaign you've lost the argument.
You've been pretty apologetic in the last few days, and held your hand up as getting it wrong. I respect that, others have been relentless though, it's just a shame their voices seemingly have an impact on the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fat Cobra
RoboCod just wait until we're on a 10 game winless run, we'll soon see which side of the fence you're on. You can't swap and change as you like and then start preaching. Pathetic.

And you can go f**k yourself.

UP THE MARINERS!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Fat Cobra
May 15, 2016, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from RoboCod

And you can go f**k yourself.

UP THE MARINERS!!!

If you suspect it, report it. flipping arsewipe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › A massive apology

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.