7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Posh Harry
November 27, 2015, 1:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Moyes is showing himself for what he is, a Sunday league manager. Not only with that comment but also what he is saying about Hearn. I was obviously not involved in the conversation but all he has to say is no Liam, we hold your contract and we have not got a replacement, if you feel the same in a month then you can go out on loan from January when I have time to get one in.

Sounds to me like he is full of sh8t and the big falling out we have heard about is what it comes down to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 68
moosey_club
November 27, 2015, 3:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
As much as i dont want to defend them...perhaps he is referring to the condition that Liam has clearly got which he first showed signs of here...being injured...not being happy about the amount of game time following his return and then f**king off.

Pretty much how i remember it, dont forget Liam was well supported by the club through his injuries and it was him who instigated his contract being terminated so he could get himself straight...before then moving to a club that he was long rumoured to be heading to shortly after.

Lincoln took a massive gamble on him with his injury record, it seems they have nursed him through pretty succesfully to date but because he isnt getting as much time as he wants, and i would imagine with his record Lincoln would have been cute enough to make it a pay as you play contract, so he maybe wont be getting the money he wants either.......then suddenly he f**ks off !!

hmmmmmm.. ......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 68
Rik e B
November 27, 2015, 3:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I really don't get what the hell he means by that.

Perhaps signing our ex players all the time and their fans obsession with us has made Grimsbyitis endemic amongst their crowd? They thought it was a pretty harmless bug but now the infection is chronic causing acute bouts of terrible symptoms such as the delusions of grandeur their fan base has been displaying?

Seriously though if someone could decipher wtf he means I'd love to be enlightened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 68
AdamHaddock
November 27, 2015, 3:56pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24

That's how I read it, like he's drawing parallels with how we looked after Liam through his recurring injury before he forced through that move to Mansfield, rather than making a dig at GY.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 68
Helgy
November 27, 2015, 4:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
There was no falling out ,he sprung the move at 8am yesterday no one had an inkling.
Woody on audioboom told it straight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 68
Grimal
November 27, 2015, 4:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Rik e B
I really don't get what the hell he means by that.

Perhaps signing our ex players all the time and their fans obsession with us has made Grimsbyitis endemic amongst their crowd? They thought it was a pretty harmless bug but now the infection is chronic causing acute bouts of terrible symptoms such as the delusions of grandeur their fan base has been displaying?

Seriously though if someone could decipher wtf he means I'd love to be enlightened.

I'm wondering if Moyses statement on Grimsbyitis was a dig at Liam who has perhaps indicated he is missing playing for a real football club,GTFC instead of a tinpot outfit and I wonder if Liam had expectations of us stepping in for him,which hasn't happened and he will most likely know that we have now got our striker shortage sorted,so no chance of a return here. What ever, I'm happy he's not here and it's Lincoln he's messing around .I'm very happy with the strikers we now have.
UTM...Bring on Kiddie..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 68
immariner
November 27, 2015, 4:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
I'm pretty certain it means he thinks Hearn didn't want to play us at BP. Should have said 'Grimphobia'.   Some people getting their knickers in a twist over a dig at Hearn, not us, it was just a daft way of wording it.

As for forcing a move- how exactly does a player sign the paperwork the club has to file with the FA?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 68
Abdul19
November 27, 2015, 5:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
What a strange bloke. GTFC are as relevant to former Mansfield striker Hearn moving to Barrow as Arsenal or Boca Juniors.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 68
mariner tommy
November 27, 2015, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
What a T*** ( Hearn I mean)

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 68
grimps
November 27, 2015, 5:44pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Most Imp fans have had it for years , they've been sacred of coming to Grimsby as long as I can remember
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › "Grimsbyitis" It sounds serious

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.