7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
nightrider
September 18, 2015, 10:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
We were disappointing in the first game and were still disappointing. I cant see any improvement
Still you never know, things might click and we go on and do a Mansfield
A win on Tuesday and everything is rosy-ish again

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
Rik e B
September 18, 2015, 10:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
You're entitled to your opinion Mart
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
acko338
September 18, 2015, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
McKeown's kicks to Monkhouse often just drifted out and left us without the ball.

Bogle was beating himself up too much and then wanted an extra second without seeing players in better positions.

Tomlinson - impressed with his direct play and have a go attitude - good game for Robertson on the left. Good loan signing!

Blissett was the main factor in Tranmere's revival - pace and ability to drag defenders out of position - didn't give Gowling or Nsaila a minute's peace.

Pittman got 15 minutes too long - ran out of steam.

We are no threat from corners - Midfield free kicks also lack accuracy.

When we pass on the ground, we look good, then we stop playing like that - first half, first to each challenge - 2nd half, mostly second, usually then giving easy fouls away.

Didn't kill them stone dead when on top in the 1st half.

(I must copy and paste that to save writing it each week !)

We need to save the first 20 minutes so it lasts for the full 90 !

Shame - set off so well, yet again.

Got to credit Blissett for his goal though, very well taken at pace !

Missed Amond alongside Bogle for definite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
jonnyboy82
September 18, 2015, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Lets be honest we are not exactly acheiving what operation promotion was set out for are we ?

We are just keeping up with around the top 7 -8 but i have to say after seeing pre season i expected more.

Drawing too many games and a leaky defence isnt exactly promotion looking , there is time but i am just underwhelmed and admire town fans and all the positivity but why cant we just do what we set out to do for once.

A draw at chester and a draw at home to a team we need to beating for promition  isnt exactly laying down a marker.

So frustrated.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 68
heppy88
September 18, 2015, 10:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Lets be honest we are not exactly acheiving what operation promotion was set out for are we ?

We are just keeping up with around the top 7 -8 but i have to say after seeing pre season i expected more.

Drawing too many games and a leaky defence isnt exactly promotion looking , there is time but i am just underwhelmed and admire town fans and all the positivity but why cant we just do what we set out to do for once.

A draw at chester and a draw at home to a team we need to beating for promition  isnt exactly laying down a marker.

So frustrated.

Have to agree with this. As you said earlier something is missing and IMO its lack of leadership. Ive always wanted Hurst to succeed (for obvious reasons!) but I honestly think he wont last the season, so should we make the change sooner rather than later. Im not one for slagging off the manager, but surely other peoples patience must be running out as well?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
cmackenzie4
September 18, 2015, 11:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I was expecting more from Town tonight, I know we didn't lose but we had enough chances to win that game, so frustrating!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 68
MARINERSMAN22
September 19, 2015, 12:44pm
Wembley 2K15 Centre Box <3
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: -395
I thought we missed something between the CMs and the forwards; so I think we need a change around.

Monkhouse was poor last night, as was Arnold (who I don't think plays very well at all on the right). So to cater for Monkhouse's passing range, and lack of pace - push him into the centre, above Clay and Disley, and below Bogle and JP.

With the LM freed up, put Arnold there, with either Marshall or MacKreth on the right.

To me Robertson is a good back up player but Tait should start there instead, Robertson is ok defensively but last night showed he lacked the diversity to get forward and play. East was fantastic. Gowling and Toto did perform well IMO, it was just unlucky they switched off for their goal, but Toto won nearly everything in the air, and Gowling is just superb. McKeown also saved very well when needed. JP got the goal but is stil 3rd in line IMO. Disley did another good game and Clay was fantastic. Bogle seemed far too selfish as well, needs to come down a peg and pass more, as there was a sterling chance where Arnold was unmarked on the right and Bogle tried to get through a crowded box. Until Amond is well again, I think Tomlinson should start up front with Bogle as he showed glimmers of real intent last night.

Overall, Hurst should try this lineup as it would give us a real edge and attacking flair:

Bogle-Tomlinson (Amond when fit)
Arnold-Monkhouse-Marshall/MacKreth
Clay-Disley
Tait-Gowling-Toto-East
McKeown

Overall we were very unlucky as we did show great pieces of play (minus the first half)

Wembley2K15 Centre Box

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
grimsby pete
September 19, 2015, 2:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,778
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from buckstown
My 30 minute assessment (FA qualified coach by the way)
Tranmere are pants and if we can't beat this garbage we've no chance of promotion

Is that what you put in your reports ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
Mariner1980
September 19, 2015, 6:08pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
I thought it was a reasonably entertaining game. In spells we looked decent. I do however think Bogle needs to either use his standing foot a bit more, or learn to play others in when it does come to him on his right. It was like watching an HGV turning round most of the night trying to get it on to his left.

I thought the few minutes we saw of Tomlinson he looked decent, he came on and got stuck in. Although the guy near us wasn't impressed. "Lincoln Scum" is all he managed to say before the nurses came to pick him up. I knew something was a miss when  I noticed his Manchester United hat.

Bob and Robertson work well together, down the left. Clay played well again, and Macca had a good night. Made a couple of good saves, and looked a lot more confident.

Still, I got to go on the pitch. Shook Diz's hand and got a birthday signed football
I called him young man, he looked slightly confused lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.