mariner91
September 18, 2015, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Rick12
Overall though I thought we looked better though.Yes we had patches when we could have done better but you could see the passion was there.Like you said though things could of been better but I was pleased with the performance.

No offence Rick but if you're happy with that performance then you're not setting your standards very high. I'm a Hurst fan but we can't keep not turning up for 75% of a match. We only looked the better team in the last twenty minute and for large periods of the game were definitely not the better team. Tranmere weren't great either, reasonably solid but I think the best they can hope for is to scrape in to the play offs. The frustrating thing is that we looked good towards the end and we can play like that, at our best we're unstoppable at this level. But we don't do it enough. And the even worse thing is that we're still crying out for a midfielder to take the game to the opposition. If, big if, Clay can play like the last twenty minutes for the whole game every game then we might have one but we needed someone in there during the first half and start of the second to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
chaos33
September 18, 2015, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Can't agree that it was good game or that they were good opposition. They are decent - Hurst thinks they're the best team we've played so far, but then that's not saying much. I thought it was an ok game against decent opposition and nothing more. I do feel, if we really did have championship credentials, we'd have beaten them without too much trouble.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
Abdul19
September 18, 2015, 10:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Played well from 70 minutes onwards but didn't create much. No clean sheets and 4 wins from 11 just isn't good enough.

No doubt we'll go on a winning run October/November time like usual but I can't see is bridging the FGR gap (which I think will get bigger over the next 8 days)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
Rick12
September 18, 2015, 10:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Madeleymariner
watched on telly-could not believe how slow Monkhouse is. Is Hurst capable of motivating a tean because the way we started the 2nd half we looked totally bereft of commitment and desire.
That would be my fear with Hurst.I like the guy but sometimes feel he isnt strong enough or passionate enough.Having said that he is a nice person which is why I want him to do well(Neil Woods again).As much as I hate to say it if we dont get promotion this season he may be out,

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
chicaneuk
September 18, 2015, 10:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Felt like we made hard work lf that to be honest but they were defending really deep no doubt about it. Not sure what I feel about it really.. crap defending cost us again which is a shame as Macca made a couple of great saves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
heppy88
September 18, 2015, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
There is something missing.
For all the passion and commitment chances are not being taken and ultimately the team appear to run out of ideas and steam. Again a mistake (by Arnold) who had acres of space and time gifted them the opportunity and they took it and I guess that sums up our season so far. We make too many mistakes and for all the hard work cant convert our chances. Its frustrating to watch because you can sense this team are capable of so much more. But there is something just amiss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
Rick12
September 18, 2015, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

No offence Rick but if you're happy with that performance then you're not setting your standards very high. I'm a Hurst fan but we can't keep not turning up for 75% of a match. We only looked the better team in the last twenty minute and for large periods of the game were definitely not the better team. Tranmere weren't great either, reasonably solid but I think the best they can hope for is to scrape in to the play offs. The frustrating thing is that we looked good towards the end and we can play like that, at our best we're unstoppable at this level. But we don't do it enough. And the even worse thing is that we're still crying out for a midfielder to take the game to the opposition. If, big if, Clay can play like the last twenty minutes for the whole game every game then we might have one but we needed someone in there during the first half and start of the second to take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Good points.Iam going to be seeing a lot more of Town this season which will give me  a better measure of how we are doing .Iam still a optimist and feel we will get in the play offs though with this club and budget we should be pushing for automatic and not hovering  just above the play offs or wanting to get into them.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
MarinerMart
September 18, 2015, 10:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
We just cannot get perform for 90 minutes, we cannot win our home games, even away results are down on last season.  It's just not good enough, play offs at best I'm sure the usual suspects will be on here saying long way to go yet and we can win the league but I will take a lot of convincing. (Ready for the x brigade)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
Madeleymariner
September 18, 2015, 10:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Gave you one just so your not diappointed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
DocTower
September 18, 2015, 10:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Teams know how to play us , like last season and the previous one . Probably good game to watch if you were a neutral  , frustrating for us Town fans . Did enough to win , rub of the green wasn't on our side . They were street wise.  One mistake and a goal , happening all too often.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.