Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 137 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 40,735 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
August 18, 2015, 10:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Putting Pearson up front demonstrates the lack of fit forward options.

Maybe get that big target bloke from Bristol Rovers?

Still need a CM.  The player from Oxford United?  (Ex Scunny so he knows this part of the country).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 220
Maringer
August 18, 2015, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Personally, I'm just surprised how quickly the blame game has swung around so that everything is Hurst's fault all of a sudden. OK, the buck stops with the manager, but in the same way the players were mostly responsible for the decent performances this season, they also bear most of the blame for the poor performance tonight.

We could certainly do with another midfielder and striker available on the bench (when is Pittman due back?) but the fact remains that we've again lost points due to poor defending and individual errors of the sort which we rarely made during the second half of last season.

Sort out this problem and we'll start winning the points again.

Personally, I think our new more-expansive game has perhaps been a bit too open in the two home games I've seen when we've been lucky not to concede a couple more goals. We might get away with it at home, but 4 goals conceded in two games against weak opponents away from BP shows something needs to change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 220
Caesar
August 18, 2015, 10:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
I agree with a lot of the points made but it is depressing how the match thread after conecutive wins are half as long as the one after our defeat, particularly when on the whole we are agreeing.  

There is still plenty of time to turn this round but it is gutting to see our rivals pick up the points while we drop them to teams who are struggling again.  I think we can sort it out as clearly we have a lot more pace power and ability going forward this year, and our defence is strong personnel wise, we just need to translate that into solidity on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 220
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2015, 10:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think the problems at the back will ease when Gregor is fully fit. Experienced head.

Very disappointing tonight but get back to winning on Saturday. Just hope we don't lose too much ground on FGR. Anyone but those fornicators.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 220
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2015, 10:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Meza
He did say the players he has seen are not good enough and struggling to find them.  I think thats piggy pooh.  Sometimes you can sign a player who had a shite season and go on to have the opposite and vice versa.

Very disappointed but i wasn't there so i don't know why we lost.  It could be that we didn't play that badly and deserved a draw so I'll wait for the just back thread as i dont trust Tondeurs commentary.

Big Chris agreed with him. He's not exactly an Eeyore like Tondeur.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 220
chaos33
August 18, 2015, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Maringer
Personally, I'm just surprised how quickly the blame game has swung around so that everything is Hurst's fault all of a sudden. OK, the buck stops with the manager, but in the same way the players were mostly responsible for the decent performances this season, they also bear most of the blame for the poor performance tonight.

We could certainly do with another midfielder and striker available on the bench (when is Pittman due back?) but the fact remains that we've again lost points due to poor defending and individual errors of the sort which we rarely made during the second half of last season.

Sort out this problem and we'll start winning the points again.

Personally, I think our new more-expansive game has perhaps been a bit too open in the two home games I've seen when we've been lucky not to concede a couple more goals. We might get away with it at home, but 4 goals conceded in two games against weak opponents away from BP shows something needs to change.

I don't personally think it's Hurst's fault per se - too many poor individual performances/errors and some questionable officiating have killed us tonight, but our need for another player or two, to enable us to provide competition, or impetus, or change from the bench is really something he carries the can for. His post match interview was fair enough. He didn't duck any issues - admits he's searching for a player or two, and mentioned that he hopes to have Marshall and JPP in contention for Saturday. He knows his players have let him down and he has clearly told them so!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 220
Vance Warner
August 18, 2015, 10:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Those criticising Hurst for a lack of signings need to remember his excellent track record with recruitment. One of the reasons for that is not panic buying. Imagine the reaction on here if he spent the op cash on a brodie type flop flop. Keep the faith
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 220
HertsGTFC
August 18, 2015, 10:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
FFS from 2nd to 7th in a stroke............. And 7 points behind the leaders.

Sounds like 2 daft goals one the lino and the other Macca (again) and we had most of the possession.

What was that stat the losing play off finalists usually finish 8th?.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 220
Vance Warner
August 18, 2015, 10:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Obviously a flop flop is twice as bad as a flop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 220
MarinerMart
August 18, 2015, 10:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
I've been out so don't know the full story...why was so much time added on?  I don't expect us to win every game but let's be honest, we will not get out of this league by losing to teams like Altrincham, feel free to x me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 220
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.