Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on Radio Humberside 29/5/15, 6:30pm - 7pm
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

Hurst on Radio Humberside 29/5/15, 6:30pm - 7pm

This thread currently has 9,204 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
May 29, 2015, 7:40pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Can someone relay some quotes please or post a link to the actual interview please? I genuinely think Carl will stay - that could be just optimistic thinking though?
Whatever happens today had been a fantastic day for GTFC  and the core of our squad is outstanding. If the worst PH has to do is replace a RB and a ST then we've done pretty well IMO!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
MeanwoodMariner
May 29, 2015, 7:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Can someone relay some quotes please or post a link to the actual interview please? I genuinely think Carl will stay - that could be just optimistic thinking though?
Whatever happens today had been a fantastic day for GTFC  and the core of our squad is outstanding. If the worst PH has to do is replace a RB and a ST then we've done pretty well IMO!

It sounded like the club have listened to Magnay's requests and concerns re travel etc and probably done as much as they can. It's now up to Carl. I think he could well sign up again. I think he's been negotiating the best deal he can get with all this car sharing stuff (which is absolutely fair enough), the club have listened, and now it's just a case of whether he wants to stay or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
promotion plaice
May 29, 2015, 7:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

https://audioboom.com/boos/323.....usy-week-at-the-club

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
the driver
May 29, 2015, 8:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
I thought a very good interview have to say always enjoy him on the wireless "yes I am old " he seems to be an honest bloke but will keep his cards close to his chest as he should a good poker voice as opposed to poker face
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
HertsGTFC
May 29, 2015, 8:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from BIGChris

Under 24 and offered a deal.

No fee if he goes abroad but there will be one if he goes to another English club which MAY put off a potential suitor?

He said in a radio interview after Christmas that he hated it abroad. I think Toto will sign, could do worse than spending a year learning alongside Josh, Shaun & Gregor.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
GrimRob
May 29, 2015, 8:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Good interview, he's the reason all these guys are re-signing for us, turning down pay rises in some cases. They work with him every day, they believe in him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 39
HertsGTFC
May 29, 2015, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Listening to this it sounds like PH has a plan and is absolutely on top of it..............As discussed by many in recent months he appears to be growing into the role of a manager.

He clearly recognises that the energy needs to start now if we are going to win this league and he has really fuelled it with a great weeks business!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
jamesgtfc
May 29, 2015, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
I think now Lenny has gone, signing a striker will be easier as it was a well known fact that Hurst loved Lenny. Hurst is a manager who stands by his players and I just hope that doesn't work against him when finalising his squad.

It's clear to see that these players love working for him and we must be favourites for the title after today's announcements?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
MuddyWaters
May 29, 2015, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I think now Lenny has gone, signing a striker will be easier as it was a well known fact that Hurst loved Lenny. Hurst is a manager who stands by his players and I just hope that doesn't work against him when finalising his squad.

It's clear to see that these players love working for him and we must be favourites for the title after today's announcements?

Got to say PH sounded very good tonight though I believe his striker signings will define next season.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
SamTheMariner
May 29, 2015, 10:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
We benefit from being a "league club" and can attract a better calibre of player than say Eastleigh, or Forest Green. I didn't know where that was until we stumbled across it on our way to Bath in 2011.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on Radio Humberside 29/5/15, 6:30pm - 7pm

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.