14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
May 29, 2015, 8:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Looks like he got Christian Jolley's old job............. Good luck Lenny a loss to GTFC but conference defenders will be delighted as there is one less "bully" to deal with on a Saturday afternoon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 130
Kymariner12
May 29, 2015, 8:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
Cheers Lenny, gave it your all and I will miss seeing him play and that chant of course
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 130
GrimRob
May 29, 2015, 8:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
I really wouldn't be surpised if he comes back on loan because he suited us. Even then he scored 23 goals in 90 games for us and that's the best scoring rate he's had at any club. He's going to be playing against better defences next season as well.Expect him to be dropped and back here by Xmas!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 92 - 130
grimsby pete
May 29, 2015, 9:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GrimRob
I really wouldn't be surpised if he comes back on loan because he suited us. Even then he scored 23 goals in 90 games for us and that's the best scoring rate he's had at any club. He's going to be playing against better defences next season as well.Expect him to be dropped and back here by Xmas!

I hope not, that would mean we have failed to find a good replacement,

I always thought Lenny worked his socks off,

BUT

There is better players out there.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 130
ackomariner
May 29, 2015, 9:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
I won't be a hypocrite and say I will miss LJL because I won't , always thought he was terrible and we could do better.

As some on here have said, that the " haters" should hang their heads in shame..........balderdash

Wish him good look in his new venture, as I do to all the players that will be leaving the club

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 130
Wrawby_Mariner
May 29, 2015, 9:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ackomariner
I won't be a hypocrite and say I will miss LJL because I won't , always thought he was terrible and we could do better.

As some on here have said, that the " haters" should hang their heads in shame..........balderdash

Wish him good look in his new venture, as I do to all the players that will be leaving the club

Again, in a minority but I agree, always needed 4 or 5 chances to put one in.
Having said that I'm pleased he isn't in our League.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 95 - 130
Codswede
May 29, 2015, 9:26pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
I kinda miss him...

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 130
kingster72
May 29, 2015, 9:41pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
It's a shame we've lost Lenny, but you can't fault him for a League return.  Without the shop, I would love to see PH offer a deal to Hannah, he gets goals, loves the club, the boss and fans, plus oozes this team ethic that the players have right now.  Hannah and Lenny never looked a good pairing, but now LJL has gone, surely we will struggle to get a better goal getter than Ross, give him a deal Paul and give him games, he'll take us up.  We don't want to see another Southwell situ, where he leaves and bags goals for fun!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 130
RalphFilthy
May 29, 2015, 9:49pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +27
Lenny will be a big miss - it's ok bemoaning the points dropped at home, but how many points were won away from home through, in no small part, his tireless work ethic. It's a truism in football that defence starts with the strikers, and away from home that's even more so. Some of LJL's best qualities aligned to that philosophy.

It's now up to the manager to find a like for like replacement, or change the style a little to accommodate the next incumbent.

So long Lenell John-Lewis and thanks for all the fish goals and hard work

Bored beyond belief
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 130
SamTheMariner
May 29, 2015, 9:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Quoted from kingster72
It's a shame we've lost Lenny, but you can't fault him for a League return.  Without the shop, I would love to see PH offer a deal to Hannah, he gets goals, loves the club, the boss and fans, plus oozes this team ethic that the players have right now.  Hannah and Lenny never looked a good pairing, but now LJL has gone, surely we will struggle to get a better goal getter than Ross, give him a deal Paul and give him games, he'll take us up.  We don't want to see another Southwell situ, where he leaves and bags goals for fun!

I don't know what this fascination with Hannah is. In what way is he better than Pittman, pace, strength, ability on the ball, beating the offside trap, aerial prowess, and even finishing. Last season, I think it was against Torquay he missed a couple of sitters, if Lenny had missed them there'd have been a riot, with Hannah, ooh, ok that was good. I don't get it.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.