Nelly GTFC
May 29, 2015, 11:10pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,731
Gold Stars: 31
How many penalties did LJL score last season, I think it was 4? Take that away from his actual league goals for the season it comes to 12 goals from open play in 39 appearances.

Just updated his wiki page.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Riex4Ga.png[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 130
forza ivano
May 30, 2015, 12:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
To all you haters: shop has landed a 2 year contract with a league club.hes left us behind. That's the facts. Am glad his hard work has been rewarded.
A bit like Jean louis who so many thought was a crock of Shiite.think he's playing league 1 next year as opposed to Ross Hannah who IMHO will struggle to get a perm deal elsewhere, yet he's a better player? Hmmm time will tell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 130
LH
May 30, 2015, 12:41am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from forza ivano
To all you haters: shop has landed a 2 year contract with a league club.hes left us behind. That's the facts. Am glad his hard work has been rewarded.
A bit like Jean louis who so many thought was a crock of Shiite.think he's playing league 1 next year as opposed to Ross Hannah who IMHO will struggle to get a perm deal elsewhere, yet he's a better player? Hmmm time will tell

My thoughts exactly. I can see a link between the two who were deemed shite
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 130
forza ivano
May 30, 2015, 12:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from LH

My thoughts exactly. I can see a link between the two who were deemed shite

V true lh.comare their commitment, fitness and ability level to that of cook or Duffy. Am sure that hurst has known for some while that shop might/will leave and that he will have half a dozen possibilities as replacements. Vas sell sounded a very interesting proposition so hoping bursts comments are a double bluff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 130
Maringer
May 30, 2015, 12:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
As always, I'm bemused by the whole "penalties don't count as much" shtick.

Do you think that people note that Matt Le Tissier scored over 200 goals for Southampton, but as almost 50 were penalties, you can only count about 160 of them as 'real' goals? Utterly bizarre.

LJL wasn't the world's best striker (which is why he has played in the 5th tier for the last few years) and I tend to doubt he'll score all that many at Newport, but trying to downplay his creditable achievement of scoring 20 goals this season when nobody else in the squad scored more than half as many is pretty weird. Don't criticise LJL for scoring 20, criticise the others for not scoring more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 130
LocalLadGTFC
May 30, 2015, 1:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from forza ivano

Ross Hannah signing for BPA. Good mate who's a press officer there says so.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 105 - 130
Nelly GTFC
May 30, 2015, 1:22am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,731
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Maringer

Do you think that people note that Matt Le Tissier scored over 200 goals for Southampton, but as almost 50 were penalties, you can only count about 160 of them as 'real' goals? Utterly bizarre.

LJL wasn't the world's best striker (which is why he has played in the 5th tier for the last few years) and I tend to doubt he'll score all that many at Newport, but trying to downplay his creditable achievement of scoring 20 goals this season when nobody else in the squad scored more than half as many is pretty weird. Don't criticise LJL for scoring 20, criticise the others for not scoring more.
Depends how you interpret what has been written in front of you, when someone just writes something as a statement with no positive or negative opinion.
A ratio of 1:3 in open play is pretty good, LJL wasn't an out and out striker.  Can we find someone just as good, maybe better? I'm hopeful, I just hope we can score more goals than we did last season.

Pity we didn't have Palmer alongside him from the start of the season, along with Pittman chipping in with the goals.  I can't wait to find out what new strikers are coming in.

Ponder the thought, who will be the new penalty taker this year?  Hannah loved taking them too!

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 130
LH
May 30, 2015, 1:36am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
Hope Clay takes them after his at Wembley.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 130
ackomariner
May 30, 2015, 5:04am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Maringer

Also depends on how many mins he had on the pitch compared to others

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 130
Rick12
May 30, 2015, 7:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
My views on Lenny.Was a decent target man and could hold the ball up well from what I  saw on BT sport. Saying that though when I saw him live(albeit not much) didn't catch my eye. Sad to see him go as would have liked him to stay but feel we can get a replacement that does just a good a job as Lenny did. In Hurst we trust

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.