14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
May 29, 2015, 11:06am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Fair play to Lenny he deserves league football. Will miss the 'shop' chant but certainly replaceable!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 130
Tinymariner
May 29, 2015, 11:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Don't blame him, he was never going to please some sections of fans. Best of luck to him. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 130
itsnotcoditshaddock
May 29, 2015, 11:07am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Be very surprised if he scores as many next season in league 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 130
May 29, 2015, 11:08am
Guest User
What do I do about that tattoo on my arm?
Reply: 13 - 130
Chrisblor
May 29, 2015, 11:09am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
I think he'll struggle at that level and Newport supporters won't take to him if he misses the same amount of sitters as he did for us. Will be be given the extended run in the team there that he needs in order to play to the level he's capable of? I'm not sure and feel he may come to regret his decision not to stay with us. Of course given that it's for league football and presumably higher wages I can at least understand his motivation.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 130
SamTheMariner
May 29, 2015, 11:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
What about Lloyd Grittith's tattoo??

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 130
May 29, 2015, 11:11am
Guest User
Quoted from Chrisblor
I think he'll struggle at that level and Newport supporters won't take to him if he misses the same amount of sitters as he did for us. Will be be given the extended run in the team there that he needs in order to play to the level he's capable of? I'm not sure and feel he may come to regret his decision not to stay with us. Of course given that it's for league football and presumably higher wages I can at least understand his motivation.

I liked him, wish him all the best, and don't blame him for moving up to the league.

But if there's an element of our play that needs an overhaul it's up front. We just didn't score enough last season. May well be best for everyone.
Reply: 16 - 130
BIGChris
May 29, 2015, 11:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
As a fan we seem to say we want to see players give their all.

IMO Lennie gave his all, ALL of the time and I wish him nothing but well in the future.

With a new baby to provide for, league football and a 2 year deal I hope it goes well for te guy
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 130
Maringer
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Good move for him and the security of a 2 year contract back in the League is a result. Despite the faith shown in him by Hurst, it's no surprise he's left when you consider the amount of stick he's received from some quarters over the past couple of years.

This is an interesting one for Hurst now as our current style of play requires a hard-working target man. Though Pittman has a great spring for his size, we can't rely on his fitness for the whole season. We'll need another physical forward on the books whether it is somebody with great strength or blistering pace (or both!).

It seems likely that we'll be seeing a pretty much completely new forward line in comparison to last season unless Palmer signs. Interesting choices ahead for Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 130
Tommy
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Surprising one for me as I expected him to stay with us.
But as others have said can't fault the guy for leaving to play in the FL again.

I've always backed him and defended him against criticism during games, but personally I would have released him when we released Cook last summer. As I thought we should've been aiming for better than both if them.

Can't argue with the 20 goals this season which for a target-man striker is a really good return. But when you think how many he could/should have had and how many games we drew over the season, a better finisher is needed.

I don't think it'll be a massive loss as he's replaceable and if we can get a strong striker in who is a more clinical finisher we'll be better off.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.