MuddyWaters
May 27, 2015, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris

So 3 players who are out of contract choose to move on to better themselves whether it be professionally, financially or for family reasons and you decide you won't support the club to the level you did previously?

I don't know for sure who you are referring too BUT I would guess at least 2 of those 3 weren't a major part of your decision to buy a season ticket last summer.

It's just the message it sends out. Let's get the fans onside with a great second half to the season, a trip to Wembley then kick them in the nuts by failing to keep the squad that 'would have won the league had we had them all season'

Cheers John, hope you're ready for a fall in season ticket sales.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 136
zorro_is_a_Mariner
May 27, 2015, 10:11pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I think it's just frustration bigchris, we all want the players to sign and we all want what's best for gtfc. I can see both points of views to be honest.  

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 136
Corkyefes
May 27, 2015, 10:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from BIGChris

So 3 players who are out of contract choose to move on to better themselves whether it be professionally, financially or for family reasons and you decide you won't support the club to the level you did previously?

I don't know for sure who you are referring too BUT I would guess at least 2 of those 3 weren't a major part of your decision to buy a season ticket last summer.

Chris, we are all entitled to our opinion and I take yours on board.

However, I purchased my season ticket last year based upon me feeling that we had a real chance of promotion with the teams that were in the league (I never felt that Barnet where that fantastic and fully expected it to be between us and Bristol for the title).

And for what it is worth, the players were already signed before I renewed my season ticket.

I feel that next year, we would have a massive chance of going up, if we kept the nucleus of our team.
however what I have heard with regards to contract offers (length, wages etc), which I won't go in detail of, and the fact that three of our important players are set to leave, then I will really consider renewing my season ticket.

Do I blame Hurst, no.
Do I blame the players, no.
Do I blame the board... To some extent yes.

I understand that it is very early, however with the players that I've been told, set to leave, I find it hard to predict even a play off finish, due to the amount of replacements hurst will have to find and the time it takes for a team to gel.

We had an experienced team, full of morale, going into next season, however with it potentially being ripped apart, in my opinion, it will kill the momentum of this club for at least a couple of seasons.

I just feel deflated tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 136
psgmariner
May 27, 2015, 10:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Pearson to Barnsley is the Twitter rumour.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 136
CambsMariner
May 27, 2015, 10:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +129
Surely what is best for any football team is that they keep the players who want to play for the club. There aren't many players through the whole of the football pyramid who have only played for one club throughout their careers. When you get down to our level money to take care of your family, the opportunity to play in the football league and to play closer to your home becomes a priority. So just let the players make their decisions. It was only 2 weeks ago we were proud of them for their performance at Wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 136
BIGChris
May 27, 2015, 10:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
You hear THREE players MAY leave and without knowing who may replace them we are going to struggle to make the play offs due to the amount of replacements needed??
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 136
LongEatonMariner
May 27, 2015, 10:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Les Brechin

I have it on reasonably good authority that Arnold will sign on for us tomorrow.

That would be unexpected in my eyes and a real bonus, maybe ease the pain of Pearson going. Hope LJL, Gowling and Toto sign sharpish as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 136
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
I really believe that the fans deserve to know what the budget is comparative to recent years. Let's face facts here, the fans are being asked to prop up a decade of failure. Nothing less than a return to the football league should be John Fentys legacy, new stadium or otherwise.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 136
Corkyefes
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from BIGChris
You hear THREE players MAY leave and without knowing who may replace them we are going to struggle to make the play offs due to the amount of replacements needed??

Chris, just reporting from my source.
He's generally spot on and I have never said things before on him.

And no, it's not the fact we are just losing three. It's the fact it could be the nucleus of our team.

Losing three key plays WILL require the team to gel again.

Pearson looks like he's gone so i guess that's one down and two to go?
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 136
LocalLadGTFC
May 27, 2015, 10:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,118
Gold Stars: 131
Personally I wouldn't be too fused about any player leaving as long as it isn't to another conference side. The badge on the front is way bigger than the name on the back and every player is replaceable etc
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 136
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player Leaves

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.